1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Do white people have a mostly positive or negative effect on America?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Mark1031, Jul 27, 2018.

?

Do white people have a mostly positive or negative effect on America?

1. positive

22 vote(s)
    71.0%
  2. negative

9 vote(s)
    29.0%
  1. Virote_Considon

Virote_Considon The Great Dictator

White people have a wholly positive affect on America.

2. spacegay_xy

spacegay_xy Chieftain

I think it's interesting that everyone (or mostly everyone) is discussing the poll and not the actual original point of the thread, which was more or less "how does seeing this question make you feel?"

3. bernie14

bernie14 Filter Manipulator

it depends on what you consider "positive"....did the romans have a positive effect on gaul?

4. Bootstoots

Bootstoots Warlord Super Moderator

Moderator Action: I rather belatedly realized I should have split the IQ discussion into its own thread. It is here - please discuss IQ there

5. Manfred Belheim

Manfred Belheim Oh you can edit this

It makes me feel that the question needs to be worded better.

6. Ryika

Ryika Lazy Wannabe Artista

The question itself doesn't really trigger an emotional response in me. I think it's an interesting thought experiment even though to me the answer seems obvious.

The context in which the question was asked makes me angry. The author of the article that forms the basis for this thread is a race-baiting idiot who thinks he's making a point by showing the terrible responses that he has received, but he has received these terrible responses because the way ha asked the question was intentionally offensive. Basically, the whole "experiment" is circular: "I posed a question that sounds like it's the racist bs that you would expect from us here at Vox, and what I got were angry responses from people who felt like I'm being racist!" He's creating the reaction he wants to see and in the process damages race relations even further.

People like him, and all the rest of Vox, truly are the enemy of the people.

7. Broken_Erika

Broken_Erika Nothing

Pffffffffffffttt! This is my idea for a new poll!:smug:
    Triggers are meant to be pulled! :) An unpulled trigger is an unfulfilled trigger,:twitch: and an unfulfilled trigger is a sad trigger.:sad:
    Make the Trigger Happy and Fulfilled!!:D

8. Nexlev

Nexlev Chieftain

I don't accept the notion that white people will be a minority in 2043

9. Birdjaguar

Birdjaguar Entangled Retired Moderator Supporter

Welcome to CFC Off Topic!

The ice is thin; the water cold, but good swimmers survive and thrive.
    It's the internet; nobody knows why things happen or how we got where we are. :)

Keep those posts coming....10 is your first milestone, then 100.

You don't have to accept it just like you don't have to accept that Trump is a liar. Check the demographic data every few years and note the trend. :)

10. Ryika

Well, if it's 30*C today, and 32*C tomorrow, and 34*C the day after tomorrow, then the trend suggests that we'll all die a heat death in 2 weeks from now.

11. Thorgalaeg

Thorgalaeg Warlord

So a new wave of white immigrants is needed to reverse the trend. Please choose your preferred shade from the chart:

shadowplay and yung.carl.jung like this.
  12. Akka

Akka Moody old mage.

Because temperature and population have anything in common when it comes to growth ?

13. Ryika

Because a trend is just what will happen if everything stays the way it was during the time we gathered statistics, and nothing more.

Comparing a disagreement on whether a trend will continue in the future to Trump's lies - for which we have factual evidence - is nonsense; if anything the question that should be asked is why he thinks that things will change in the future, and what evidence he has for it.

14. Lexicus

Lexicus Warlord

Tag yourself I'm moth gray

15. AmazonQueen

AmazonQueen Virago

That chart is obviously Antifa disinformation. As if there could be such a thing as Master Mix.

16. Nexlev

Nexlev Chieftain

Trend noted... also noted that the trends are based on the application of the racist one drop rule i.e. all mixed race whites are counted as non-white. Also noted that the trends indicate that white people (excluding mixed race whites) will still be the largest racial group in 2043. 49% of the population does not make a minority.

So it is that my kids are statistically counted as native americans, except when witnessed in person, when everyone assumes they are white..... because they're pretty F'n white. Plus they were raised by me, a bonafide no drops of non-european contamination white person, and I didn't even let their contaminated DNA preclude me from passing on my family traditions, moral values, mannerisms and vocabulary (my whiteness).

White genocide is a myth. There are a lot of white people in North America, and they will continue to make up the largest demographic group for the near future (my lifetime, for example). Even white people who have become lightly tinted through parents of different race are going to continue passing on their white dna, traditions, etc.

There is no demographic transformation to anguish over or celebrate. A slow blending in perhaps. By the time white people become a minority, the definition of whiteness will have changed.

(P.S. my post might be a red herring?? I'll leave that it might be. In any case I'm not trying to persuade anyone on the Q rather get people to think a "third way" about racial stats and how we measure race)

Last edited: Aug 18, 2018
  17. Nexlev

Nexlev Chieftain

I'm not new just not a regular :) thanks for the welcome

I voluntarily accept that Trump is a liar.... you don't have to twist my arm on that one

18. Birdjaguar

Birdjaguar Entangled Retired Moderator Supporter

Yes, rules change; whiteness changes; inclusion changes. Lies, damned lies and statistics....

IMHO, coffee is the new normal and it comes in a variety of shades.

19. Nexlev

Nexlev Chieftain

Maybe I'm just getting hung up on semantics or getting cutesy...

just throwing out there that the "non-white" dataset also includes people like Bristol Palin or Ted Cruz. It's not just that the definition has and will change again; it's that today people unconsciously choose the definition that fits their motivations in the moment as a process of rationalization... and we really don't know what people identify as that moment they are asked to check a box.

20. Traitorfish

Traitorfish The Tighnahulish Kid

That Ted Cruz is considered "non-white" really is a testament to the logical abyss that is late American race theory.

metatron and yung.carl.jung like this.