Game of Thrones Season 5 discussion thread

He was certainly badly injured, but the scene ends before it is clear whether the wounds were fatal. He might still survive. It seems very likely though that it is a death not found in the books.

He was certainly badly injured, but the scene ends before it is clear whether the wounds were fatal. He might still survive. It seems very likely though that it is a death not found in the books.

Spoiler :

Yeah, it wasn't 100% clear whether Selmy dies. I'm pretty sure that Grey Worm is done since there was a red puddle forming under him in the last shot and iirc he still lives as of the end of ADwD. It made me a angry when I saw the episode, but Grey Worm's death is preferable to more scenes with him and Missandei.
As for really important characters dying: my money would be on Jaime. I think he might get himself killed like Arys Oakheart.

Absolutely Good:
Tyrion (i think we like him so much because he is the only normal guy there)

Good:
Jaime (he was not so nice at first throwing kids out of windows and such, but losing a hand has a catartic effect it seems)

Honorable good:
Tyrion

Good:
Jaime
Seriously? Jaime and Tyrion are my favorite characters, but I wouldn't say they're good. Being funny doesn't make you a good person. I'd say they're more neutral.

I think that only Tyrion is 'moral' or easy to relate to character-wise, from the main characters. The rest are either murderers (Bronn supposedly too, given some discussion with Tyrion), career or opportunist killers, or just plotting pos's.

I did like Oberyn. RIP :(

I think that only Tyrion is 'moral' or easy to relate to character-wise, from the main characters. The rest are either murderers (Bronn supposedly too, given some discussion with Tyrion), career or opportunist killers, or just plotting pos's.

I did like Oberyn. RIP :(
Tyrion's been white-washed in the show.

The rest are either murderers

And Tyrion's not?

Yes, i know he is white-washed in the show. But i regard this as a good choice, cause if all the main cast are creeps, while the plot is not really able to hold interest by itself, the series would be moribund.

In the show Tyrion at least kills out of having literally no other option which would allow him to remain alive. Shay would call for the guards, and his father would kill him anyway.

Don't remember how it went down exactly in the show, but going to see his father/shae at all was totally unnecessary for his escape. It was murder, any way you slice it. I won't pretend the people he killed were paragons of virtue... but it was still murder.

Jon Snow is way more "good" than either Lannister brother ever was. To put them in the same category, morality-wise, is silly (then again, ranking everyone by morality is silly in the first place).

Didn't say Jon was perfect. He's not. No one is perfect. But he's a good person.

And he was quite merciful in Sunday's episode. ;)

He probably means the Sunday that already happened. Unless we are talking about the future past here

Yes, I was referring to him mercy killing the guy being burned alive. I assumed Kyriakos was referring to

Spoiler :
edd fetch me a block

He probably means the Sunday that already happened. Unless we are talking about the future past here

Through the darkness of futures past
The magician longs to see
One chants out between two worlds
Fire walk with me

In Twin Peaks it is customary to claim one is not part of the black lodge.

Link to video.

If nothing else, Grover's accent is more reliable than Aiden Gillen's.

Top Bottom