How you get around?

How do you get around your immediate area (to work, see friends, go out on the town, etc.)?

• Walk

• Bike

• Drive a personal vehicle

• Carpool

• Uber/Cab

• Bus

• Subway/Train

• Motorbike/Moped

• Water Vehicle (really?!)

• Something Else

Results are only viewable after voting.
I take the bus to work or my boss picks me up on his way because it's convenient for him and it's good to be friends with the boss. If my boss is running early or not going into work, the bus gets me to work in under a half an hour, including the time it takes me to walk to the bus stop.

To get to friends' places and so on I take the bus, or bum a ride. To generally get around I usually take the bus and walk.. I walk a lot.

To get to other cities I fly or take the bus, because trains in America are not really a good form of transportation.

I don't mind not owning a car because it saves me a lot of money, plus leads to me walking often, which is good for my health.

I live in suburban detroit, there is no mass transit and everything is spread out. This is my massive suv for hauling kids around.

Netherlands, the bike for everything :D.
Since I moved here I don't have a car anymore, so to get anywhere else, I need to take the bus + train.
A few friends have a car though, and sometimes I rent one, but that doesn't happen too often.
I miss my car :(.
Think I've taken the ferry twice in Amsterdam, and that's rather annoying, because it's so slow.

Don't worry, we can put pegs on the wheels and you can stand on those

Ok, but Hygs, yourself, and I need to learn some sweet ass tricks to pull while Perf is driving.

Spoiler :

Hahaha I was literally thinking about that song in context of this thread

Primarily subway, occasional bus. Glasgow's subway is basically just a big donut, nothing like the comprehensive network you'd get in London or New York, but almost everywhere I'd want to be is within ten minutes walk of the donut, so it works out.

Does every Anglo-saxon city on the planet now have a SOHO district or what
My theory is, it's just an acronym for "Somewhere Occupied by Hipsters, Obviously".

Brown line, walk, uber, water taxi, car share, car, cab, bus, bike. Situational.

Whomp's non ownership of a car is its own class of inspiring.

Personal automobile unless I'm going to the airport, then uber.

Funny, airport is basically the only time I don't use personal automobile, then I use car2go instead. One-time charge for parking and free shuttle to airport from the parking lot, overall cheaper than uber.

Took a cab from the airport last week because I had all my snowboarding gear, which doesn't fit in a Fortwo. Cabbie asked me about cabs in Japan and didn't seem too thrilled with my account of how I never had to take a single cab because of how awesome the public transit was.

Last edited:
Funny, airport is basically the only time I don't use personal automobile, then I use car2go instead. Free parking and free shuttle to airport from the parking lot, overall cheaper than uber.

Took a cab from the airport last week because I had all my snowboarding gear, which doesn't fit in a Fortwo. Cabbie asked me about cabs in Japan and didn't seem too thrilled with my account of how I never had to take a single cab because of how awesome the public transit was.
How far is your airport trip? Mine is 15-20 minutes depending upon traffic and costs about $12 with uber. Cabs charge closer to $20. Airport parking $2.50 to $4.00 per day.

Airport parking $2.50 to $4.00 per day.

I think we have identified the source of the difference here. I spend more than that on parking to drop my gf off at the airport and I'm not there long enough for the engine to cool off.

Top Bottom