If Rapture were to happen next year, would you be ready?

Krogan Doctor

Warlord
1. Have you repented of your sins?
2. Do you have an active prayer life?
3. Do you warn those close to you who are sinning?

I still need to buy some self defense weaponry and get training. If some self appointed 'super natural being' comes and tries to kill me , he would have a nasty surprise waiting for him.

I'm not sure of current demographics, but until few years ago, only a minority of this forum was Christian.

Maybe not many people here will respond seriously to these questions...

Regards :).

You have to ask.

Not necessarily but when you identify some imperfection within your nature consciously the chance that you will not repeat the sin is higher.

Hm... "Rapture" seems to allude to the absolute end of the world? It appears in the New Testament the term used (and supposedly linked to the term Rapture) has an added connotation, that of the end (of the world) which happens by a conscious act (synteleia). I doubt anything conscious can end the universe, and i doubt even more that anything conscious which could end the earth alone would be a god. Maybe some alien species that uses our planet as some twisted reality-tv would fit this CV more :)

"Hello? I just watched the new episode of 'Humans'. This time it was centered on <countrynameedited>. I have had it with this show. I signed the petition to take it off the air. It's a planet, right? Thanks".

Why do you have to ask? Doesn't Jesus know exactly what's what?
It's not that... Okay, I should have been more clear. It's not like you have to do a daily recount "Father, I looked lustifully at this woman" "Father, I had a thought in anger that wasn't nice" blah blah. Well... okay, maybe Catholics feel like they have to do this in the confession booth, I dunno. But it is important to remain close to God and unburden yourself of your sins that you commit. I'm not explaining this well, I am sorry :(

It's not that... Okay, I should have been more clear. It's not like you have to do a daily recount "Father, I looked lustifully at this woman" "Father, I had a thought in anger that wasn't nice" blah blah. Well... okay, maybe Catholics feel like they have to do this in the confession booth, I dunno. But it is important to remain close to God and unburden yourself of your sins that you commit. I'm not explaining this well, I am sorry :(

I thought you just claimed (in that other thread) that you are against hate-crime? :hmm:

So you are in favor of that notion of thought-crimes if the judge is your idea of a god? Kind of easy to abuse this rule i think.

@borachio: Did a quick search. maybe read this as it says what I was trying to say (more or less) in a more articulate fashion: http://www.gotquestions.org/Christian-sin.html

@kyriakos: I have absolutely no idea what you are talking about. How does hate crime legislation here on earth have anything to do with forgiveness of sins between yourself and God? Don't answer, that was rhetorical because the answer is "they do not."

How broadly does it occur? Do Christians who don't believe in that sort of thing still get in? I guess I have room to improve in all of those areas, and number three doesn't really concern me much, but, you know, I'm working on it.

How broadly does it occur? Do Christians who don't believe in that sort of thing still get in? I guess I have room to improve in all of those areas, and number three doesn't really concern me much, but, you know, I'm working on it.

The Rapture is for the creme de la creme, the party faithful, the arch-saints: the Real True Christians. Actions aren't particularly important, because no one can resist sin every day (and if you do, the preacher will think up a new sin): what is vital is that one, you be "Saved", the method of which varies on the denomation, and probably baptized. You also have to be a dutiful Christian who repents of your worthlesssness every day, because as they say, "ain't no sin goin' in".

I grew up being threatened with the Rapture every day. Any time my parents disappeared without warning, I thought I had been Left Behind. I've had more than one panic attack because of it.

Underwater cities don't just happen overnight, they take decades to get built. That said, I'm ready to spew fire and ice from my hand, that's for sure.

Seeing as I'm agnostic, and the Rapture isn't even properly in the Bible, I'm not too concerned. :smug:

Last year i had a testicular rupture while playing football. It was nasty. I can assure you i was not ready.

Top Bottom