Moar Units Mod

MOAR Units Mod 1.2

The artdefs got updated in todays Civ6 patch so there may be a problem with the mod right now - haven't tested though.

I'm planning an update this weekend. If any of the files being overwritten by this mod have changed with the Fall patch I'll include in that.

Been meaning to ask : Spanish Conquistadores don't upgrade to Rifleman, is it intentional since with their special ability they'd be stronger than Riflemen by 1 point (65 vs 64)?

Not intentional as I didn't consciously think about it! Possibly options are:
1) Leave it as it is.
2) Conquistador upgrades to Rifleman. No changes to either unit.
3) Conquistador upgrades to Rifleman. Change religious unit boost to +9 instead of +10 so that Rifleman is not a downgrade.
4) Conquistador upgrades to Rifleman. Increase Rifleman combat strength to 65 so that Rifleman is not a downgrade.

I noticed that your REQUIRES_UNIT_NEXT_TO_WARRIOR is set for UNIT_ROMAN_LEGION:-
Code:
       <Row>
           <RequirementId>REQUIRES_UNIT_NEXT_TO_WARRIOR</RequirementId>
           <Name>UnitType</Name>
           <Value>UNIT_ROMAN_LEGION</Value>
       </Row>
       <Row>
           <RequirementId>REQUIRES_UNIT_NEXT_TO_LEGION</RequirementId>
           <Name>UnitType</Name>
           <Value>UNIT_ROMAN_LEGION</Value>
       </Row>

I noticed that your REQUIRES_UNIT_NEXT_TO_WARRIOR is set for UNIT_ROMAN_LEGION:-

Yeah I've noticed that too! Will be fixed in the next update.

This is only step 3...don't forget the rest.

1.Open the MOAR_Units_Mod_0.31 Folder, you will see 2 folders inside.

2.Open the MOAR_Units_Assets folder, inside that folder is one called 'Base'

3.Copy the Base folder.

4.Open your your install location: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common, is most likely the location.

5.Find your Civilization 6 folder and paste.

That should be all you need to do. glwt

Awesome! That took care of it for me. Thanks for the help -- love the mod!

Any ideas for a 3rd UU for Arabia, China, France, Greece or Kongo?

I'm planning an update this weekend. If any of the files being overwritten by this mod have changed with the Fall patch I'll include in that.

Not intentional as I didn't consciously think about it! Possibly options are:
1) Leave it as it is.
2) Conquistador upgrades to Rifleman. No changes to either unit.
3) Conquistador upgrades to Rifleman. Change religious unit boost to +9 instead of +10 so that Rifleman is not a downgrade.
4) Conquistador upgrades to Rifleman. Increase Rifleman combat strength to 65 so that Rifleman is not a downgrade.

I suppose it's a weird spot for Spain since you'd hardly want to upgrade to Riflemen if they were either a dowgrade or an upgrade of only 1 point.
I'm not sure if it's more unfair for Spain having to upgrade to a "meh" unit in order to get to infantry, or for other civs having to upgrade twice while Spain was allowed to skip it.

I was thinking that if the bonus of Conquistadores was made more situational (instead of a +10 whenever you have a religious unit with you, you get it only when fighting another religion), the upgrade to Riflemen would be more appealing.
I get that's not fun nerfing stuff, but i'd have no idea otherwise.

Any ideas for a 3rd UU for Arabia, China, France, Greece or Kongo?

For Kongo:
  • Fidalgos - Nobleman heavy infantry equipped with sword and shield
  • Mercenary Dutch musketeers - Give them a bonus to jungle movement
For China:
  • Ch'i-shih - Horse archer
For Greece:
  • Sacred Band of Thebes (aka City Band) - Spearmen with shield
For France:
  • Legionnaire - Infantry unit or Modern Infantry unit

For china I would say Qíshì (chinese for knight/cavalier, same word that SubRyan used, just with a different transliteration)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cataphract#Cataphracts_in_East_Asia
pretty decent history of them using heavy armored cavalry for quite a while. I like the horse archer idea proposed by SubRyan as well, it would allow them to have a special unit much earlier than they currently do. Adding a knight special might make them too strong in the classical/medieval eras (cho-ko-nu are so strong, and easily carry me past all the competition).

And for greeks I'd suggest Peltasts
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peltast
spear throwers pretty much, but they were decently armored skirmishers. could be an additional option for spearmen replacement (not sure if that's even possible) but they also have a ranged attack? or just an archer replacement with some sort of bonus vs melee or cavalry (but obviously less than a regular spearman/hoplite)

For france I was thinking Bâton à feu (fire stick) which is basically a hand cannon developed in the 14th century
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bâton_à_feu
Could be an earlier but weaker artillery precursor to bombard or something of the sort? There are plenty of examples of specific artillery pieces but I havent had a chance to really find something that epitomized french military during Bonaparte's era of dominance.

Can't think of anything for Arabia at the moment.

Actually for Japan you should consider the Yumi Samurai. They had longbows with comparable strength to that of the english. Completely different design but effective nonetheless.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yumi

Last edited:
Is the new patch influencing this MOD?
And is the AI building the units?

Has anyone else noticed that the longbowmen still act like theyre firing crossbows? or did i do something wrong lol.

One issue, the camel archer replacing heavy chariots removes the ability to upgrade them to Mamluks, which is one of the core mechanics that made Arabia competitive militarily. I assume this wasn't on purpose, so would it be possible to add an upgrade path from camel archers to Mamluks, or if that's not possible, having camel archers not replace heavy chariots, but have them both buildable instead so players could choose? Great mod, thanks for all your hard work!

Okay I am clearly doing something wrong with installation of your mod. I extract the graphics into the game folder, mod itself in game mod folder. However I am NOT seeing any unique unit for Rome, it is just a horse, nothing different. Did you not change the look yet or are you? Maybe I am blind but I don't see a difference between the normal horse and the Equite. :) (Aside from the abilities)

We had a crash in a MP game using your MOD, Gedemons Yet another map Europe map and Neirai's GP Pack 1...
What file do u need to figure out if it is your MOD?
We experienced that the pictures of the units are changing during game and also the names. After reloading the save game the problem was fixed...

Attachments

• AutoSave_0387.Civ6Save
    3.6 MB · Views: 147
You mean like a replacement for Swordsmen that wields khopeshes?
I like this idea. The problem is the difficulty in finding a suitable name for those guys. The ancient egyptians were all about archery, less so about melee combat. I've found some words for "soldier" but that's about it. http://history.stackexchange.com/questions/14195/what-was-the-ancient-egyptian-word-for-soldier
I can't find anything for "swordsman" or "warrior," certainly not for whatever term they used for their khopesh-wielding soldiers.

Deliverator updated [Civ VI] Moar Units Mod with a new update entry:

Moar Units 0.4 Update

Adds 9 more unique units plus a handful of fixes and tweaks.

New Unique Units:

Tercio (Spain)
Spanish unique Renaissance era anti-cavalry unit.

Sepoy (India)
Indian unique melee unit that replaces the Rifleman. Fights at full Combat Strength when damaged.

Sickle Swordsman (Sumeria)
Sumerian unique melee unit. +5 Combat Strength versus damaged units.

Amazon Scout (Scythia)
Scythian unique Ancient era recon unit that is stronger than the regular Scout.

Onager (Rome)
Roman unique...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Has anyone else noticed that the longbowmen still act like theyre firing crossbows? or did i do something wrong lol.

Yeah this a limitation of what can be done purely by editing the art defines right now. There's no way to have the Crossbowman armor use Archer animations unfortunately so these do look a bit weird.

One issue, the camel archer replacing heavy chariots removes the ability to upgrade them to Mamluks, which is one of the core mechanics that made Arabia competitive militarily. I assume this wasn't on purpose, so would it be possible to add an upgrade path from camel archers to Mamluks, or if that's not possible, having camel archers not replace heavy chariots, but have them both buildable instead so players could choose? Great mod, thanks for all your hard work!

I have changed this in the new update. Camel Archers no longer replace Heavy Chariots so the Arabian player can build both.

No weekend release right?

Yeah sorry this was a bit later than planned.

Top Bottom