Modern Armored Fighting Vehicles

Wyrm I'm sure this has probably already been asked a dozen or so times, and I apologize in advance if it indeed has, but in lay terms what all is actually involved when changing the texture of an object? Are relatively simple color schemes that are all green or all desert considerably easier than a more complex scheme like a woodland pattern, or does it make no difference?

I can't write much or link to anything because I am on my phone at the moment.

Yes, more complex textures make a huge difference. If its a single color then its relatively easy. Just look through my Bruce videos for my Texture Replacement tutorial to see how I did it. If its a simple color swap, its tedious but not hard.

The new woodland textures I had to make myself, over the original manufacturer's, had to make sure they all lined up, then replaced 30+ textures per animation for the M113, M-109 and MLRS.

More petty spot checks.

The Israeli Halftrack has a Fortify.flc in the INI but no animation. Also, the new M113s still have the 50 cal sound that doesn't work in game. Ares, I think you had corrected this...it's probably in the bowels of this thread somewhere.

SPz Marder 1A3

8 Years to the month that Ripptide originally made his Marder, finally we have a better replacement.

Tons of little details there - too bad civ3 scale meses up the crew and infantry interaction. Still pretty awesomely neat, though. The death anim is particularly impressive with the smoke and the scourging of the upper front plate. :king:

Tons of little details there - too bad civ3 scale meses up the crew and infantry interaction. Still pretty awesomely neat, though. The death anim is particularly impressive with the smoke and the scourging of the upper front plate. :king:

can't tell because I made the scorching too dark.. but I put in an engine in there too.

Unbelievable...
I myself was not with the Panzergrenadiers years ago, but I saw these little monsters often enough. Wish my colleagues from the armed forces university could see their beloved warhorse this way.
It surely is the best Unit Graphic Pack, that an AIFV can get in CIV III

seems that wyrmshadow can read my mind.
When the Marder1A3 came, I thought about how nice it would be,to have the history of that AIFV . Now we aditionally have the A1 Version (excellent detail with the interior firing ports and the remote stern MG) and the latest Version in the Download DB. Its like Christmas in May :crazyeye:

Top Bottom