Modern Armored Fighting Vehicles

MLRS, France

A tease of what is coming. Yes that is how the French Army paints their equipment.

Wyrmshadow, hi!

Is it possible to release a M113A1 in Turkish colors? Just like grey ACV-300 one.

And a M109 Paladin in US Wood colors?

Hope so.

Have a nice weekend.

Then no for both.

Hi Wyrmshadow,

The french MLRS (or LRM as they call it) is excellent with the new camouflage pattern - really outstanding... hope to see a lot more of french equipment that is missing for so long :D

Check the database. Won't be updating the front page for a while. Got more of these in many colors.

Huh... If I wouldn't know better, I would suppose it's July 14th - vive la France :crazyeye:
First Delta's superb Alsace BB and now your addition of one of the most overdue modern units.

Thank you so much for the AMX-10 !!!!

I also want to thank for those wonderful French vehicles, and as a former blue beret I'm especially happy about the UN variant :hatsoff:

They all look absolutely terrific in game as well, but this is of course no surprise to anyone :goodjob:

Some feedback: the Fidget.flc of the green AMX-10P has gone AWOL!

Some feedback: the Fidget.flc of the green AMX-10P has gone AWOL!

Seems I completely missed moving it to the folder then archiving it. It's fixed now.

I've recently started playing the game and replacing the vanilla gfx with some of my units and I've come to some conclusions.

1. WOW. I'm really surprised at how good they actually look, even my older SOE units.
2. It's much better with ARES' sounds.
3. I need to cut down on a few animations because of the way the units are used, such as the artillery.
4. They are big. My M4 Sherman looks just perfect sitting on top of a city but my M2 Bradley is massive and so is my silver B-17. When I make these things it's on a huge monitor with massive resolution. Then I look at the low res screen on CIV3 and these units are huge. I'd hate to see how big my B-36 is in game.
5. The biggest problem with my units are the missing links or misspellings in the INI file, so always double check, don't blindly download my stuff and just keep it an never use it.

1. WOW. I'm really surprised at how good they actually look, even my older SOE units.
I use many of your anims for replacing\upgrading vanilla or third-side-made units. Many of your anims are awesome. I made an specific folder in "units" and placed your universal anims (as bombs, rocket salvo and others) here so I can link them to many other models by "...\wyrmshadowgfx\rocketsalvo.flc" or something alike instead of that unit has or not. This one saved many units.
Yeah, Ares made a titans work to rip and prepare these sounds for civ3. So some of them also could be used as universal. I love them.

5. The biggest problem with my units are the missing links or misspellings in the INI file, so always double check, don't blindly download my stuff and just keep it an never use it.
That is not a problem. Is is 15 seconds issue to fix it by hands for any user who could read text symbols on his\her display. Civ3 is that kind of user-friendly software what will say to You where is something wrong. Your units always works as they should (with fixed broken links in .ini) - so there are some in Database by others that even don't work.
If you were a Bethesda Company, your units may be released as "High-Quality DLC Pack for Civ3! Pre-order now!":lol:

I need to cut down on a few animations because of the way the units are used, such as the artillery.

Which animation types did you find to be too long? It's generally best to have the fortify be the shortest. Rare exceptions are welcome, though. For example, the long animations of the M110 attract attention to the unit when others around it move swiftly.

No one is going to dispute this.

Which animation types did you find to be too long?
My 155mm Long Tom. I've been using that in place of the firaxis artillery and it seems to last too long in the fortify. I need to modify it so that the attack includes the power down of the victory animation.

No one is going to dispute this.
Well I tried to replace some other units with my Turtledove tank, which I did the sounds for. They didn't match up well.

early french APC. Check the database

Top Bottom