1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

NOTW LII - The Immortals II [Game Thread - Concluded]

Discussion in 'Mafia/NOTW' started by Sprig, Mar 29, 2014.

1. Jarrema

Jarrema Master Voter

In fact, I will change my mind about Takhisis. King Morgan seems to be too greedy, that needs to be punished.

2. Catharsis

Catharsis catch u on the flip scythe

- Yes, I'm still owed a response on that one am I not?

This is the quote in question:

Visorslash, what I'm looking to find out is what you mean by 'potentially narrowing down some candidates'. Did Zack's death provide you with an insight that you are not sharing? Or by 'narrowing down some candidates' did you just mean 'removing Zack from the list of candidates'?

And here is the accusation to go along with it: Visorslash

But... can I just bring this up as well?

- Do we have... affinities?

I don't have an affinity...

3. choxorn

choxorn Watermelon Headcrab

I also want the orb for my tier two spells.

I'll consider voting it to KingMorgan if he says exactly what his personal goal is.

4. Visorslash

Visorslash Deity

No, I didn't say it was terrible reasoning, I said I was going to make something out of what they had said. Like I said, it has to start somewhere.

I am one of the least likely people to off an experienced player. The line about Zack was to refer to him being killed early in a lot of his last games.

Narrowing down candidates refers to to people who wouldn't kill Zack N1. ATPG was one of those obviously. Meta argument yes, but both Zack and ATPG have been killed already, which points to a group of people who simply want to take out the most experienced casters first.

5. Visorslash

Visorslash Deity

I require one more mana for my PG, I don't care what kind it is.

KingMorgan going for both mana is a very strange play and his comments so far incline me to think he is a killer.

6. Visorslash

Visorslash Deity

Choxorn and Jarrema are obviously not on a scum team together.

Jarrema doesn't remind Choxorn unless he feels there is a chance he may not vote his way.

Backwards Logic

however, his post on DF being evil for going after Takhisis is also strange to my eyes. Winston following immediately also is noteworthy. Darth going after takhisis again makes no sense from an evil perspective.

7. Visorslash

Visorslash Deity

Another thing worth mentioning is Takhisis asking everyone what they want the orb for. I should think its obvious, they want it to cast spells? Or possibly to stop other people from casting them by holding onto them. Maybe Takhisis wants to know what they are going to do with them.

8. Backwards Logic

Backwards Logic Emperor Palpatine

Nice ninja edit btw. Didn't have the last bit in, so you had to come back and add it I see. So you think King Morgan is a killer, but are voting me, but then came back to add the reasoning in after the fact. But why use the word 'however' here? You'd think after that word you'd have a reason to not accuse me, but instead you use it to justify your case. Coupling that with the ninja edit, it's like you had to quickly come up with something to make the vote have some meaning, yet scrambled on the words. You seem way more decisive with your case on King Morgan, but instead are coming after me. I don't get it.

As for my case on DF, it's not strange at all. A handful of people were in the lead or close to it, most people had exonerated Tak (at the time) and now all of a sudden he comes out of nowhere with shoddy reasoning why he's voting that way and I call it out. Had DF flipped scum, it would have strongly narrowed the pool of who also could be evil. He didn't, so hindsight of course is 20-20. If I'm scum, why flip off of my own case on spaceman or not accuse Catharsis (which Catharsis called me on already)? I could have gone BSmith instead (who had two votes to the other's three), but if you think I'm scum buddies with him, I wouldn't have pulled off of spaceman to start a brand new wagon on DF. What's my scummy motivation here going after DF? If you think I'm evil, does that also mean you think one of them is as well and that I was trying to save one?

Then we have the WIFOM bit of all of the experienced players getting killed, saying I wouldn't do that, then are coming after me who's been around here on and off since the dawn of time it seems. Call it what you want, but Visorslash. You be squirming.

9. Visorslash

Visorslash Deity

There's no pressure on you. There is pressure on Morgan. Hence why I'm following the alternate target.

There is plenty of reasons why you would jump of your own case. One: better target, two: you look better, three: opportunity to advance team goals without compromising yourself due to dropping case. I mean, you can say: of course I would vote for DF because he said 'x', it makes sense.

Squirming over what exactly? A couple of votes placed a few hours into the first part of the day phase, with over two days to go? Hardly.

10. spaceman98

spaceman98 Plotting something

I wouldn't say there is very much pressure on King Morgan, given that there is one vote on him, and that vote is based on reasoning which, as history shows, isn't very good in these games. I say this as someone who myself once started a wagon on a person for voting themselves to many items, and was proven totally wrong. Moreover, you contradict yourself in this post. You claim that two votes on you early in the long day aren't pressure, and yet claim that one vote on KM is pressure. How so?

Visor's actions seem strange, then again, I almost always think Visor is mafia, regardless of our relative alignments, and he has at least introduced a new case, though a somewhat odd one IMO. At the same time, I do find myself agreeing with Visor's statement that Takhisis's question is bizarre. What would we do with mana orbs other than cast spells? Could this be PIS on Taki's part, perhaps? Perhaps Takhisis himself would be willing to elaborate?

choxorn can have the Earth mana

11. Kennigit

Kennigit proud 2 boxer

No. I get the earth mana

12. KingMorgan

KingMorgan Deity

At last my fellow Wizards some quality discussion, capital dear chaps and chapesess capital!!

I do admit i'm a little greedy, but I also thought I was very clear in my request. I have a Personal Goal to hold 3 types of mana, no doubt the spirit of the Wizard Sprig will reward me with a gold start to place upon my pointy wizard hat if I succeed. I have one orb and I am of course happy pass the 2 orbs along to any person that has a claim, if this is not acceptable please vote for a more worthy candidate, but I see few claims with explanations. Of course, it is but a small matter of little consequence, more important is finding the killers.

Jarrema you Fanatic, you've spoken 3 sentences in 2 days, your reasoning is lacking to accuse either myself or Takahsis, your grasping at straws imo, I suspect your hiding something added to the fact are you admit to holding no mana, seems suspect to me given the broken mana after the killers murder our colleagues. If I had a fishfinger it would certainly point it your way.

As for you Visorslash the Squirming Shaman, 4 statements in 10 minutes, that certainly seems like your over chanting the spell to me. I was inclined to believe your meta explanation, it had occurred to me, but your reasoning is lacking. I currently do not feel the pressure you mention, It almost seems like your trying to cast a deflect spell and aiming the pressure my way.

We have a difficult task and as we cannot pass private notes maybe we should form some kind of a plan, maybe the mana can help in solving this quest? Should the people holding spells share information on them? I will share the lvl 2 spell of the mana I hold if the general consensus is that is a good idea.

13. Kennigit

Kennigit proud 2 boxer

choxorn is a lying canoodling scumbag

you seriously would consider give up using the green WAFER for some trivial personal goal?

you have absolutely no intention to use it for good.

14. Jarrema

Jarrema Master Voter

I should burn you for your words!

You completely misunderstood me. I said I have nothing for exchange for orb of fire. Because I have only orb of fire. Are you surprised? Dont you know that the fire is all the true magus needs?

15. Catharsis

Catharsis catch u on the flip scythe

Okay. It isn't how I'd want to look at it. Individuals might not want to kill certain people but that doesn't necessarily mean a team containing those individuals wouldn't. But I see where you are coming from.

W.I.F.O.M.? That is an unofficial and unlicensed memory chant! -

You are all ordered to forget what that narcissist just said. Forget the WAFER thing as well. I mean, forget the... the thing I've forgotten.

For the most part I see your point re: the Darth Feather vote but this doesn't seem right to me, because I don't think this is exactly what I called you on.

I said that spaceman, at the time, seemed quite townie to me. This is roughly because he was defending me quite vigorously instead of keeping quiet.

I also said that one potential explanation was that spaceman and I were on the same mafia team, but that if you believe that, it was a better option to vote for me (so: I don't understand your vote if you're voting for spaceman, whether or not you believe I'm scum as well).

You, faced with (presumably) the same information as me about spaceman, that is, his in-thread posts, had decided to say that he was scum. The interpretation was sufficiently different to mine to warrant the FoS (licensed memory chant there).

So, what I called you on was placing the vote on spaceman in the first place; not anything to do with removing the vote. I think I'm still due an explanation on that, and the explanation would need to focus on why I was wrong, at that point in the day, to label spaceman as 'probable town'. Because in order for your vote to be reasonable then my reasoning has to be unreasonable.

(Incidentally I wouldn't go so far at this point in this day to label spaceman 'probable town'. He did flinch a bit during that last vote, but only after my post. He's in 'ask again later' status. So any explanation that's forthcoming should be anchored to that specific time of that specific day.)

TL;DR I'm not entirely done talking to Backwards Logic and I'm going to put my accusation on him instead of Visorslash now. And FoS: Autolycus again. Don't think I've forgotten that you owe me the same thing.

16. Backwards Logic

Backwards Logic Emperor Palpatine

My vote against spaceman happened not because I thought the two of you were on the same team, because he was trying to defend you and get a new case on someone else. You're assuming I've linked the two of you on the same evil team. Actually, it was more the opposite. I don't think an evil player would put him/herself so much so in the spotlight with the initial Takhisis vote like that, so my inclination going in was (and for the most part is) you're town. With that general assumption, I was working under one of the general mafia playbook moves of defending a townie player as it's a pretty standard tactic. So assuming spaceman is evil, defending you against a fairly bogus case is a fairly good move. The kicker for me was he was also accusing Takhisis at the same time, the same move that got you into hot water in the first place. Basically, you got wagoned because it was such an easy move to vote Takhisis, he defended you and still went after the other easy case on Takhisis. That's why the vote didn't work for me, and why I went after him in the first place.

17. choxorn

choxorn Watermelon Headcrab

Well, you see, I was interested in what exactly KingMorgan wanted the orbs for. Sometimes Personal Goals aren't entirely trivial, and it's entirely possible he could have been able to get something out of them. He only needed the orb for one night anyway, according to him.

The question I want to ask is why do you want me dead so badly? You voted me yesterday, too, using similarly weak logic. You first didn't give much of a reason at all, the said I was being lazy and not trying to make new connections, even though the post you quoted had me calling out spaceman for something he said literally in the post before mine.

And you're making all these random, silly comments about Wafers and things.

Are you a jester, or something? Because if you are, I'd be happy to help you achieve your goal of dying, Kennigit.

Spaceman can have the water orb. He seems trustworthy to me.

18. Kennigit

Kennigit proud 2 boxer

yesterday wasn't really anything of note but since I desire the earth orb, and I know what it does (you may or may not, whatever, but more likely don't), it boggles my mind how people in-the-know of orbs would be willing to give them away if they could potentially use them.

if we get orbs around to innocents we can fight off whatever 2-4 scum there are in 4v3 or so fights, even if we mislynch people for a while.

19. Kennigit

Kennigit proud 2 boxer

hey guys

it's me Kennigit again.

don't mind me, just looking around

looking around to see what every flavour of WAFER does, because, you know, it's my "personal goal" or whatever

totally not trying to judge what wafer is a threat to me and my mafia teammates and what aren't. And what the powers they grant are.

so we cool everyone?

I'll just take a knee here and uh, you know, firmly look you in the eye and say, "I'm innocent"

*hmpph hmpphphh BWAHHAAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAH

WUBULUBUDUBDUB

hahahaha even I couldn't keep a straight face saying that

can you guys?

20. Winston Hughes

Winston Hughes Wrathful Warlock Retired Moderator

The Wrathful Warlock is reading an old and dog-eared copy of 'Anger Management for Battle Mages', and practicing a series of complicated breathing exercises, when her concentration is disturbed...

Your jibberjabber confuses me, Illusionist.

Confusion leads to tiredness! Tiredness leads to irritation!! Irritation leads to anger!!! Anger leads to hatred!!!! Hatred leads to vengeance!!!!! :aargh:

The Warlock pauses for a moment, closing her eyes and taking several deep breaths, trying to regain a measure of composure.

However... If I am to be 'rational' about all this - to consider matters in a 'calm' and 'dispassionate' manner - it strikes me that the one who deserves most to be the subject of my ire is the one who has acted in the manner least likely to attract it: BSmith.

The Majestic Magus is a past master at keeping his head down, of blending into the scenery, of making those small gestures which suggest innocent motives without really doing anything to advance innocent interests. Thus far, his actions have amounted to a throwaway vote (on Catharsis, who already had two votes to her name), and a proposed mana exchange. Would anyone be surprised if it were a villain who first suggested such an exchange? After all, they are the only ones who can rest assured that receiving the mana they desire will not make them a target for the killers. And with regards to his solitary accusation thus far, it looks like the right kind of vote for a villain to make: joining a bandwagon against a well-respected member of the council, but giving no reason beyond expediency ("might as well be decisive" is all he said). Thus, the vote appears bold enough to suggest a lack of nerves, but offers nothing on which the accused, or anyone else, might hang a counter-accusation.

The mere fact that I can talk about the Magus' actions without finding any cause to become angry distinguishes him from most everybody else. And what else are we looking for here if not the insidious minority?