Obama or McCain

Who should be the next President of the US?

• Obama (I live in the US)

Votes: 50 33.3%
  • Obama (I live outside the US)

Votes: 48 32.0%
  • McCain (I live in the US)

Votes: 32 21.3%
  • McCain (I live outside the US)

Votes: 10 6.7%
  • Third Party (I live in the US) Please specify the Candidate

Votes: 5 3.3%
  • Third Party (I live outside the US) Please specify the Candidate

Votes: 5 3.3%

• Total voters
Red Ralph: The mafia in NJ is going to vote for you, but your vote will end up being Democratic. They also turn out the zombie vote (who all vote Democratic).

I'm not convinced either of these two knows . .. .. .. . about the economy. I'm not convinced American Foreign policy will be that much less ******ed.

So far Obama is closer to me politically and McCain's negatives outweigh any issues we agree on. Plus his views strike me as the typical binary lens a lot of Republicans(Hell, Americans) view the world through. Which I see becoming very dangerous in the convoluted ethnic issues in Africa and Religious issues in the ME.

And maybe I'm missing something, but I have yet to grasp how exactly I should see McCain as an atypical Republican. Maybe if he would start coming down harder on the Right Wing's share of trolls rather than embracing or staying silent on them in order to placate "The Base...

HAHAHA, I love how I put two three's in that previous post. Love the "issue pi" reference as well.

I don't see how drilling for oil will not benefit the US. When Clinton was in office he would not allow drilling because it would take too long to get to the oil. Now, X years later, we would all love to have that oil. Why wait another 10 years to start drilling?

Secondly, and maybe I'm being too supportive of my country (which is impossible), I happen to believe if the US would commit to the drilling of oil, then it wouldn't take nearly as long as the politicians suggest (geez, that's an ugly sentence). It would be more like 3 to 5 years, as most oil experts estimate.

If you think Obama is not playing the race card, then you need to watch a few of his speeches. Just last night he said something to the effect of, "They'll say he doesn't look like all those guys on our money." Well, Both Ways Barack keeps saying "they'll say...so and so...they'll try to SCARE you because I'm black." I have not once heard McCain say anything about BWB's skin color.

And the comment about the Robot playing the gender card was absolutely correct. That was downright disgusting. However, I don't see what is wrong with an "experience card." I've never heard of an "experience card." What is bad about being experienced? Drawing attention to your gender or skin color is bad politics though. People will vote for BWB because he is black; and some people will vote against BWB because he is black. HOPEFULLY, those people do not matter.

EDIT: About the Paris/Britney ad: Yes, that was straight off of E! television. I think MTV played a hand in that as well. However, I do see the point of the ad. McCain was pointing out how BWB has the appeal of a celebrity (he is an outstanding speaker, very dramatic, etc) but, at the same time, he really has nothing to offer in the way of substance. Much like Paris and Britney, he isn't giving us anything other than CHANGE! HOPE! YES WE CAN! which means nothing. This election needs to be about substance, not personality.

Undecided... I guess I'm leaning towards McCain ever so slightly, but I really don't care much under I hear some economic stuff. I'm not particularly impressed with either of them. Then there's Barr, who I might vote for as a protest because (1) I do have a strong libertarian streak in me, (2) I strongly favor more independents and third parties in politics, and (3) I live in Georgia, Barr's home state. If Barr is going to make a strong showing--for a third party anyway--his best shot is Georgia. I think it all depends on whether McCain tries to court the social conservatives, who curiously enough have most of the same 'values' as I do but completely go about it the wrong way in my opinion. They are very ideologically driven, and I am a very pragmatic engineer. If he panders to them, he's probably lost me.

Secondly, and maybe I'm being too supportive of my country (which is impossible), I happen to believe if the US would commit to the drilling of oil, then it wouldn't take nearly as long as the politicians suggest (geez, that's an ugly sentence). It would be more like 3 to 5 years, as most oil experts estimate.

Again, if i'm not mistaken, several credible sources state otherwise.

I do have a strong libertarian streak in me

Obama has a better record when it comes to civil rights than Bob Barr and even Ron Paul. Also, the loonytarian party is just bathorsehocky insane, I wouldn't touch them with a... in fact, I wouldn't even breath the same air as they do.

McCain has caught up though not still giving Obama a run for hsi money.
Who is this Bob Barr?
Can someone tell me please?

EDIT: About the Paris/Britney ad: Yes, that was straight off of E! television. I think MTV played a hand in that as well. However, I do see the point of the ad. McCain was pointing out how BWB has the appeal of a celebrity (he is an outstanding speaker, very dramatic, etc) but, at the same time, he really has nothing to offer in the way of substance. Much like Paris and Britney, he isn't giving us anything other than CHANGE! HOPE! YES WE CAN! which means nothing. This election needs to be about substance, not personality.

So the campaign should be about "substance, not personality," and it's Obama's fault because John McCain's campaign is endlessly claiming that Obama is an "elitist, presumptuous, arrogant celebrity who wants to make the campaign about personality, not substance." Got it.

It would be stupid for John McCain to make the campaign about issues, because the American people do not agree with him on the issues.

Cleo

Again, if i'm not mistaken, several credible sources state otherwise.

Happen to have any at hand? I'd like to read all I can on the issue. Honestly, there are a thousand different views on the oil situation and it's hard to decide. I like to see things from all angles.

If John McCain becomes the president of the US, the vast majority of people across the world will scream a resounding cy of "OH F*** THEM ALL!" And terrrorists will get all antsy in frustration.

I have my issues with Obama but I have decided I'll support him. Certainly not as liberal as I would like, couldn't even find his stance on gay marriage on his website.

IIRC, he's "for" civil unions. This has upset the people who believe that "separate but equal is not equal".

IIRC, he's "for" civil unions. This has upset the people who believe that "separate but equal is not equal".

I think that most national politicians are afraid to touch that one so far, no matter what they may think.

Obama has a better record when it comes to civil rights than Bob Barr and even Ron Paul. Also, the loonytarian party is just bathorsehocky insane, I wouldn't touch them with a... in fact, I wouldn't even breath the same air as they do.

The LP strikes me has mostly ideological as well, which is not my cup of coffee.

Top Bottom