1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Post Feb 1st 2013 - bugs - Single Player

Discussion in 'Bugs and Crashes' started by Dancing Hoskuld, Jan 28, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Arkenor

Arkenor Chieftain

Herd - Ratite Flock can't be made by cassowary, but they are definitely ratites.

2. strategyonly

strategyonly C2C Supreme Commander

Slider :science: keeps going back to 100% everytime i put it back down to a fewer %?????

Dont understand now its working again . . .:crazyeye:

3. Hydromancerx

Hydromancerx C2C Modder

The things is, as time goes on -50 becomes nothing. Your making so much gold it doesn't seem like all that much.

4. Koshling

Koshling Vorlon

Possibly...but then the +1 with economics is one 50th of nothing...so why have it at all?

5. ls612

ls612 Deity Moderator

Maybe. But it is still too much in the current balance settings, and will be a heck of a blow to the people updating from V28. Using the SVN it is more managable for us because we deal with it gradually, but for normal players this will hurt a lot.

6. Hydromancerx

Hydromancerx C2C Modder

It was there with the other techs that trigger bonuses like biology having +1 food or civil engineering having +1 hammer. Originally I requested to Afforess that he make different "wings" of the university just like how the Castle mod had different upgrades.

However he did not like that because it ment more work so he added them in as bonuses from techs (which was brand new at the time). I said ok and gave him some ideas and it became what the stats are now.

Then in C2C I wanted to make "utility" buildings like in Sim City 4 to have maintenance costs. The University is one of the most expensive buildings. I added a large -gold the Joe freaked out I lowered it for a time then got tired of it and the switched it back. Then you guys complained and lowered it from -100 to -50.

So to make a long story short, its there from the days before it had maintenance. its still makes sense why it has it but has a little impact on countering the maintenance cost. And was never ment to be an anti-maintenance cost feature.

7. God-Emperor

God-Emperor Chieftain

I think that the University having a pretty high maintenance is OK, as long as the various additional building that require it (anthropology lab and such) have more moderate maintenance costs. That way the immediate benefit is small (or possibly about nothing on high difficulty levels with higher maintenance) but its value increases as you build the additional things and it picks up a few small increases from techs. In most cities you might not build one until after one or more of the later additions is available and to a large extent this mirrors reality where there were initially only a small number of universities but now they are all over the place.

8. JosEPh_II

JosEPh_II TBS WarLord

@Koshling and AIAndy,
    Since the Dragon ships are gone I can't post a Save game that shows the Python Pop up that won't go away. Even when they were around I was only able to capture that 1 save. So I don't know how I'm supposed to capture a problem that locks up only part of the screen while other parts still show animation. Nor am I able to advance the turn or save. The only way out is Ctrl/Alt/Del and even that was causing larger problems for me that I reported this morning.

I do have some new Python Pop ups that appeared at the beginning of a turn over a diplomacy screen. There are 3 of them and they were stacked one on top of each other. After closing them I Was able to continue and have had no problem since.

I updated to 5135 right after lunch today and started playing just a few hours ago.

Screen shots below.

EDIT: Python Logs (3) added per DH's request. And HidePythonExceptions set to 1, although, how is this going to stop the problem?

JosEPh

9. Dancing Hoskuld

Dancing Hoskuld Warlord

All those are Python Exceptions. If you are not debugging you don't need the pop ups just use the logs especially PythonErr.log which you should post here. If you are debugging your Python then the pop ups are sort of useful, although I go to the log anyway.

Turn the popups off by changing your Civilization.ini file
    Code:
    ; Set to 1 for no python exception popups
    HidePythonExceptions = 0

Set the HidePythonExceptions value to 1.

10. Koshling

Koshling Vorlon

That makes sense, provided it is the case. I stil think the extra gold from economics should be increased though. You cannot compare it with food since the university doesn't start with -50 food, and whether it was originally intended to counter maintenance or not is rather besides the point, since it didn't originally have a lot of maintenance (as in that's a straw man argument).

11. JosEPh_II

JosEPh_II TBS WarLord

See my previous post.

JosEPh

12. Johnny Canuck

Johnny Canuck Chieftain

With rev. 5139:

When hovering over a Captive - Freed Slave, I get 'TXT_KEY_UNIT_CAPTIVE_FREED_SLAVE_HELP'

13. Dancing Hoskuld

Dancing Hoskuld Warlord

I started a new game - for some reason I cant build a basket maker's hut it says it needs grass. I have grassland, savannah and forest next to my city. I wonder what it is that grows on grasslands if not grass?

14. God-Emperor

God-Emperor Chieftain

I expect it means the Very Tall Grass feature, much like the wood related buildings tend to need the forest feature and such.

15. Dancing Hoskuld

Dancing Hoskuld Warlord

That is not what Very Tall Grass (2+ meters) is for. Besides I would have thought you would just need grass - I have seen it done.

On another topic you can't build rafts without Prime Timber, Wood or Bamboo none of which are available until "Woodworking". I suggest the "Raft building" tech be moved to after (ie require) "Woodworking" not "Simple Woodworking" as t does now. Or have its name changed as it does not let you build rafts as it is.

Edit since I was trying to get captives in I did not get to do as much freeze testing as normal. So I am doing it now.

16. Hydromancerx

Hydromancerx C2C Modder

Actually perhaps i should add Reeds as an OR requirement for the Raft.

EDIT: Changed.

Note that Raft Building was originally AFTER wood working, but was changed due to Johnny Smith's (I think it was him) comments about Raft Building and Canine Domestication needing to be moved. However the new Reed resource comes at Weaving tech so it should allow Raft at Raft Building if you have them nearby.

17. Flinx

Flinx Chieftain

You can also enable the Driftwood gatherer at raft building so you get your resource of wood.

Since i highly doubt that you need special skills to collect driftwood at the beach. ;)
    In opposite to do real wood working that is. :)

18. Hydromancerx

Hydromancerx C2C Modder

Good idea. :goodjob:

19. Yudishtira

Yudishtira Spiritual/Creative

Yeah once you start building rafts you will never run out of driftwood. :lol: They fall apart voluntarily when they see a fish.

20. Odessa

Odessa Chieftain

After getting deer resource i can build deer hunters camp (as intent), Giraffe- and Moose hunters camp (which was not intent i guess). using latest svn

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.