Postmortem on Mueller

Yes its fine that the president obstructs investigations because a long time political hack lawyer says its okay, just like that torture memo. This is how the legal system should work in America in 2019. Oh and forget all the other laws the man is breaking on a daily basis with his emoluments.
well you get to have the worlds 'bigglyest' jury trail in 2020... :mischief:

Yes its fine that the president obstructs investigations because a long time political hack lawyer says its okay, just like that torture memo. This is how the legal system should work in America in 2019. Oh and forget all the other laws the man is breaking on a daily basis with his emoluments.
You appear to be making a character assassination of AG Bar with no corroborating evidence. From my point of view it looks like nothing more than arbitrary statements stemming from an emotional response. Torture memo eh? That falls squarely on Mueller. How so? AG Bar already stated that he repeatedly told Mueller and his team to highlight and define sensitive areas (they did not comply): https://streamable.com/fyaqv

In regards to emoluments: IG and GSA: "The inspector general did not recommend canceling the lease but urged a formal legal review. The watchdog said GSA agreed with the recommendation."

https://streamable.com/62obn

Quote from Keith MC???:
"Every President has made a very lucrative book deal when they left office - The only reason for the amount paid was because of the job they held - so in effect every President has turned their job into a business opportunity. As for the emoluments clause, The Bush's are very old money and they had many diverse family business interests especially in oil. Where were the cry's of the Bush's involving us in the ME for profit. LBJ's wife had interests in a aviation company that ended up having big contracts in Helicopter maintenance in Vietnam or his sect' of defense that had most of the electronic contracts changed over to Ford owned companies from RCA (he was a major stock holder in Ford). I could go on but you get my point - Other than professional politicians all Presidents have business interests that opponents could claim were in conflict."

At some point, many democrats truly, Truly, TRULY, need to accept that Mr. Trump is President, and move on with their lives.

Where were the cry's of the Bush's involving us in the ME for profit.

Is this some kind of joke question? Many people pointed out that Bush invaded Iraq for profit, although the billions of dollars in contracts awarded to Cheney's company were probably more important in the calculations.

Is this some kind of joke question? Many people pointed out that Bush invaded Iraq for profit, although the billions of dollars in contracts awarded to Cheney's company were probably more important in the calculations.
Was going to ask the same thing. Haliburton received a number of sweet no-bid contracts.

Trump's just more brazen in his corruption and he's less polite so more people are upset.

Trump's just more brazen in his corruption and he's less polite so more people are upset.

It's very interesting and all because there is some truth to this idea that liberals are suddenly mad at things they never cared about before because of Trump, but only some. And of course, the infinite hypocrisy of American liberals is no defense of Trump.

There are at least 2 interpretations of the evidence, the one for impeachment says Trump obstructed justice trying to stop an investigation. The other is he saw a partisan fishing expedition (witch hunt, hoax), trying to bring him down and the alleged obstruction was his attempt to replace biased investigators. He didn't trust the people who obtained a FISA warrant to spy on Page et al, that abuse of the system poisoned the investigation and the people responsible were suspect or worse. I think the latter interpretation fits the facts better.

I think the latter interpretation fits the facts better.

Just so everyone is clear, this is the same guy who believes that Babylonian mythology is best explained by a nuclear war fought on Earth between extraterrestrial civilizations thousands of years ago

Are you referring to Sodom and Gomorrah? That would be biblical mythology, not Babylonian. I dont know what happened, but I believe something destroyed a few cities near the Dead Sea. Could have been God's nuclear wrath or a big chunk of rock, I think the latter is the likely culprit. I even started a thread about it, they found a site showing evidence of an air burst knocking down walls in a moment of intense heat.

Moderator Action: Let's keep this sort of thing to its own thread. Thank you.

You appear to be making a character assassination of AG Bar with no corroborating evidence. From my point of view it looks like nothing more than arbitrary statements stemming from an emotional response. Torture memo eh? That falls squarely on Mueller. How so? AG Bar already stated that he repeatedly told Mueller and his team to highlight and define sensitive areas (they did not comply): https://streamable.com/fyaqv

In regards to emoluments: IG and GSA: "The inspector general did not recommend canceling the lease but urged a formal legal review. The watchdog said GSA agreed with the recommendation."

https://streamable.com/62obn

Quote from Keith MC???:
"Every President has made a very lucrative book deal when they left office - The only reason for the amount paid was because of the job they held - so in effect every President has turned their job into a business opportunity. As for the emoluments clause, The Bush's are very old money and they had many diverse family business interests especially in oil. Where were the cry's of the Bush's involving us in the ME for profit. LBJ's wife had interests in a aviation company that ended up having big contracts in Helicopter maintenance in Vietnam or his sect' of defense that had most of the electronic contracts changed over to Ford owned companies from RCA (he was a major stock holder in Ford). I could go on but you get my point - Other than professional politicians all Presidents have business interests that opponents could claim were in conflict."

At some point, many democrats truly, Truly, TRULY, need to accept that Mr. Trump is President, and move on with their lives.

I'm not in denial about who is President and the damnable things he is doing to the nation in his wrecking ball careerism.

Barr is a proven hack.

https://www.google.com/search?q=AG Barr is a hack

I mean it is not just a few people saying it, it is a lot. The man was a hack in the 80s then he prepped his application for AG with a hack's article and got hired by the criminal president.

All of the previous presidents at least pretended to divest themselves from their interests. Yes I understand that is a farce, but when we give up even the farce of civility and this all just becomes a "I gotta get mine" @#$% show than I'd argue we are rapidly approaching a reckoning. That is probably coming anyways as about 35% of population would rather have Trump and Russian dictators they looked like and agreed with on race and lgbt topics than a democrat they disagreed with on anything.

Also I thought this moron of a president was supposed to "drain the swamp". All his supporters are insufferable hypocrites most days.

I welcome the IG investigation into the FBI.

Donald J. Trump

✔@realDonaldTrump

General Michael Flynn, the 33 year war hero who has served with distinction, has not retained a good lawyer, he has retained a GREAT LAWYER, Sidney Powell. Best Wishes and Good Luck to them both!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

like I said the Mueller report is a car crash in slow motion
Sidney Powell wrote the book on Mueller's attack dog Andrew Weissmann... (Licensed to Lie: Exposing Corruption in the Department of Justice) on how his misconduct destroyed Arthur Anderson LLP... 85,000 jobs... only to be overturned of any charges on appeal... few remember that last part
wiki...
From 2002 to 2005, Weissmann was deputy director and then director of the task force investigating the Enron scandal.[1] His work resulted in the prosecution of more than 30 people for crimes including perjury, fraud, and obstruction including three of Enron's top executives, Andrew Fastow, Kenneth Lay. and Jeffrey Skilling. In a follow-up case in U.S. District Court, Weissmann also was successful at arguing that auditing firm Arthur Andersen LLP had covered up for Enron. In that case, which resulted in the destruction of Andersen, he convinced the district judge to instruct the jury that they could convict the firm regardless of whether its employees knew they were violating the law.[3] That ruling was later unanimously overturned by the Supreme Court in Arthur Andersen LLP v. United States, in which the court held that "the jury instructions failed to convey the requisite consciousness of wrongdoing."[3]

Last edited:
I was wondering which indictments that Mueller brought forward you think should have been foregone in order to not have the investigation in the first place. Are people seriously thinking that not investigating the Russian interference was warranted?

Just so everyone is clear, this is the same guy who believes that Babylonian mythology is best explained by a nuclear war fought on Earth between extraterrestrial civilizations thousands of years ago
In fairness, if you're going to get into conspiracy theories, you might as well pick ones that are rad as hell.

Trump'll probably try to exert executive privilege

And if he does, I wouldn't be surprised if Mueller went along with it at this point.

I have no idea what Schiff or any Democrats think they are going to get out of Mueller. He wrote his report and despite a notable punt on the issue of obstruction (doing a disservice to the nation) I haven't noticed any substantial criticism of the content of the report. Mueller already gave his press conference telling America to read the report (he worked really hard on it) - and he has been sticking to that line.

I think exec priv is limited to Trump's interactions with staff/advisors etc, like McGahn and Hope

Besides, I imagine the Repubs want to grill Mueller about Steele and how a FISA warrant was issued based largely on his dossier.

It was a joke, Berzerker.

Anyway, I would just ask him one question. I would start the proceeding by saying, "Thank you for coming to speak with us Mr. Mueller. I am only going to ask you a single question. In your report, when you say that you "determined not to make a traditional prosecutorial judgment" because that might "preempt constitutional processes for addressing presidential misconduct," what constitutional process did you have in mind?

He'll say "Impeachment."

"Thank you for your testimony, Mr. Mueller. You are free to go."

You gotta know cases when less is more. It's a stunt, but the headlines then read "Mueller calls for impeachment!"

Top Bottom