What do you mean with this? Are you losing track of your units or something?

It may be a pain occasionally to find your unit indeed, especially when it has spent its moves (then their icons are indeed faded away). I think that's what it is about. If this is the case, the only solution would be to search for your units at the start of the turn, they are brighter then :D

Click the "reports" button at the top of the screen, to the right of gold, faith, etc. I believe that since Rise and Fall it's just an icon instead.

Found it, thanks. But it doesn't say what the cities are producing... what a shame...

What do you mean with this? Are you losing track of your units or something?

I mean they can be hard to find in the map. The unit's nationality icon is fadded.

One other point: what do I need to make missionaries? I thought I just needed shrines...

First… I can't find a "city list". Right now, I'm stuck with clicking on each city, to see what it's doing; in Civ III we have a option to present such a list. Where is it in Civ VI?

Second: is there any way to have the map present my units more clearly? I "erased" the grid and and icons, but my units are so faded I can barelly see them, in both strategic and normal maps. Any thoughts?
For the first question, use Better Report Screen.
For the second question, try Unit-icon Transparency Mod.

One other point: what do I need to make missionaries? I thought I just needed shrines...

You need to purchase them with faith, you can't build them.

This is a meta question not a civ 6 question but hopefully it's okay to ask here.

When a thread has a rule of one post per day does that mean once per calendar day or once per 24 hours? Thanks. :)

This is a meta question not a civ 6 question but hopefully it's okay to ask here.

When a thread has a rule of one post per day does that mean once per calendar day or once per 24 hours? Thanks. :)

I believe once per 24 hours. The mods will probably forgive you if you post again 22 hours later though.

I believe once per 24 hours. The mods will probably forgive you if you post again 22 hours later though.

You are referring to elimination game threads; they are the only threads that have a posting-frequency limitation. Those threads do have a 24-hours between posts restriction -- please comply with it as closely as possible.

Hey quick question!

I just got rise and fall recently and noticed that monuments now give +2 culture per turn. I always felt Rome was very powerful with its free early monument and now that the yield is increased is it worth building it early? And when should it ideally be built in the capital and new cities? After the first wave of settlers early game how often should you be settling new cities?

Also, how can I get settlers out quickly? I read a build order on reddit which went: slinger -> settler -> settler (and slinger -> settler in second city) to get four easy settlers. When I try this I just end up becoming overwhelmed with barbarians and having to break the build order to get military units out instead.

Finally, when to build my first district? I try to get my capital city established first with things like a trade route, some military presence and usually a monument and granary/water and have at least a couple other cities before I build a district. In the end I think I leave it too late. Should you always build the tier 1 district building as soon as you get a district? Should you always keep to the district cap? In past games I've spent so much time just developing a city that it never actually produces anything.

I'm actually struggling to make it through the early game right now because I feel like I'm just messing it all up and restarting before the medieval era.

Moderator Action: Please use appropriate language on CFC in future. Changed the words without changing the meaning. leif
Please read the forum rules: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=422889

Last edited by a moderator:
I just got rise and fall recently and noticed that monuments now give +2 culture per turn. I always felt Rome was very powerful with its free early monument and now that the yield is increased is it worth building it early? And when should it ideally be built in the capital and new cities? After the first wave of settlers early game how often should you be settling new cities?

Monuments actually always gave 2 culture, it's just that in R&F they give 1 culture + 1 loyalty instead if your city is not at full loyalty. As for when to build them, I tend to build them late or not at all in my capital because the palace also generates culture, but otherwise it is often the first or second build in new cities because it increases border expansion due to it's culture.

Also, how can I get settlers out quickly? I read a build order on reddit which went: slinger -> settler -> settler (and slinger -> settler in second city) to get four easy settlers. When I try this I just end up becoming overwhelmed with barbarians and having to break the build order to get military units out instead.

It's a good build order, but it relies on two things. First, you cannot have too many barbarians nearby or you won't have enough units to stop them, in particular if you do not manage to clear the camp before it starts spawning. Second, it requires you to properly make use of your slingers, which I myself at least find very hard. Personally, I prefer starting with a scout and then depending on what my warrior scouted a warrior or builder (to get the craftmanship boost) and a settler (to get my empire to 6 population for early empire boost). 2 warriors, or 3 if there are a lot of barbarians, tends to be enough to defend. Only after I have the card from Early Empire do I start building more than just the second settler, unless I have some crazy production in my capital. I should also note that this strategy does lock you out of the popular archer rush, as you're not building slingers.

Finally, when to build my first district? I try to get my capital city established first with things like a trade route, some military presence and usually a monument and granary/water and have at least a couple other cities before I build a district. In the end I think I leave it too late. Should you always build the tier 1 district building as soon as you get a district? Should you always keep to the district cap? In past games I've spent so much time just developing a city that it never actually produces anything.

Depends on what you want. If you are going for a religious victory, you'll want to build a Holy Site as early as possible. If you have a few mountains, you'll want to build a Campus early on. Etc. If there's no particular good placement, I find myself often putting down Commercial Hubs as some of my earliest districts.

Reactions: tzu
Is there a good post about how city projects work? e.g. If I do a science project how much science does that generate a turn and how many scientist GP's? Does it vary and what causes the variance?

Thanks

Is there a good post about how city projects work? e.g. If I do a science project how much science does that generate a turn and how many scientist GP's? Does it vary and what causes the variance?

Thanks

I don't think so...

@Victoria maybe a good idea to examine?

Are unit buffs completely invisible to the player? (Barracks/Lighthouse XP buff, buffs from natural wonders like Alpine Training) Are these buffs displayed anywhere in the unit interface?

If I combine a buffed unit and an un-buffed unit into a Corps/Fleet, does it retain the buff?

I don't have rise and fall, a friend of mine does

if he hosts multiplayer, can I get to like play with rise and fall content with him, or do all in the multiplayer game need to have the dlc?

I don't have rise and fall, a friend of mine does

if he hosts multiplayer, can I get to like play with rise and fall content with him, or do all in the multiplayer game need to have the dlc?

I am not entirely certain, but I believe that each player needs to own each DLC and expansion used, so you would not be able to play R&F with him if you don't have it. But you can just try it out, worst case you lose five minutes of your life.

Or just buy Rise and Fall, it's a really good expansion in my opinion.

Top Bottom