1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Quick Questions and Answers

Quick Questions and Answers

1. Leyrann

Leyrann Deity

The observation in the video is probably a bug, there's some weird interactions with carriers and planes.
    1. I think so but I don't know.
    2 and 3. One of them is possible, the other is not. I believe 2 is possible while 3 is not.

KyivanRusCivPlease likes this.
  2. pholtz

pholtz King

I believe settlers also have a LOS range of 3.

tzu and KyivanRusCivPlease like this.
  3. Disgustipated

Disgustipated Deity

Why is this city not under siege? Although I think it may be, but there little heart icon is not displaying properly. It didn't take me long to conquer the city to see if it was actually under siege, but not displaying it.

4. KyivanRusCivPlease

KyivanRusCivPlease Prince

Weird, the Under Siege icon should be displayed here. I personally had no problems with the display of this icon.

EDIT: I got it! There must be Victor the Castellan in Alesund with his Tier 1 Promotion "Defense Logistics" (City cannot be put under siege.)

5. Leathaface

Leathaface Emperor

Yes, i'm aware you need 1 iron to upgrade from a warrior to a swordman. I was asking though could you upgrade directly from a warrior to a conquistador.

6. KyivanRusCivPlease

KyivanRusCivPlease Prince

As we know, Entertainment Compexes give +1 appeal to adjacent tiles. Are Water Parks the same in this regard?

7. Disgustipated

Disgustipated Deity

ahh makes sense. Thanks. I actually had this happen on one other Norway city, and most likely because Victor had moved there after I conquered this one. I forget about this ability, and not being able to see which governor is in the city means I didn't even think of him.

KyivanRusCivPlease likes this.
  8. LoneDragon

LoneDragon Warlord

Do Scouts still get better rewards from Tribal Villages?

Dos Ruhr Valley count all tiles within the city's territory or just workable tiles(within 3)?

Moderator Action: Merged with Q&A thread -- Browd

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 20, 2018
  9. Eagle Pursuit

Eagle Pursuit Scir-Gerefa

1) Scouts (and the other recon units) get experience from clearing tribal villages, while other unit types do not. Otherwise, no difference.

2) It increases the city's current Production (from worked tiles and districts/buildings) by 30% and gives +1 Production to Mines and Quarries in that city. Obviously, this is only relevant to tiles that are worked, so any mines or quarries you have outside that 3 range of workable tiles don't matter with regards to increased Production because you can't assign citizens to work them.

10. liv

liv Emperor

I think other units get experience as well. At least that was the case with the warriors in my last game

11. thegr8anand

thegr8anand Chieftain

What mods are best to get into Civ 6? Not starting with Vanilla and jumping straight into mods. Something like Vox Populi and mods that enchance the game.

12. Disgustipated

Disgustipated Deity

Any idea why I can't build field cannons in this city (or other cities in my empire)?

There is no unit in the city. I'm currently researching tech for machine guns, but not there yet. I was hoping to buy or build a field cannon to merge to get an army, but I can't seem to do so. I've had a few beers, so there's a possibility I'm missing something obvious, but I can't see what. There are no resource requirements, there are no units in the cities I tried to build it in. What gives?

13. Leyrann

Leyrann Deity

No idea. Got any mods?

14. Dave "old computer guy"

Dave "old computer guy" Chieftain

Your production listing shows you are allowed to build Artillery which, I suspect, made your Field Cannons obsolete.

15. Jaybe

Jaybe civus fanaticus Supporter

Field Cannons upgrade to machine guns, not artillery.

16. Dave "old computer guy"

Dave "old computer guy" Chieftain

Another instance of gameplay trumping realism. History would indicate Cannons begat Artillery whereas Rifles were the progenitor of Machine guns.

Alternative explanation #1: Field cannon is an Industrial Era unit - Player is in Modern Era where there is no upgrade until Machine gun in Atomic Era. Ergo Cannon not available for build in Modern Era.

Alternative #2 - Too much beer as Disgustipated proposes.

17. Ghost Order

Ghost Order Chieftain

Is posible to build fish farm(Liang Aquaculture title) in this city(red dots)? The codition is coastal tiles which I have but those coastal tiles are adyacent to a tundra terrain and 2 of them are even in ice plate, it matters?

18. Leyrann

Leyrann Deity

As long as you have Liang established you can build fish farms on any coastal tiles (with coastal being the light blue sea, not only tiles adjacent to land) without resource or feature (only reefs on water tiles).

Also note that those tiles with ice on them aren't even ice plate tiles; those are the ones with solid ice, this is just a nice visual for the tiles adjacent to them, which has no actual effects on gameplay.

19. Ghost Order

Ghost Order Chieftain

Oh I see, thanks for the info buddy.

20. Disgustipated

Disgustipated Deity

yeah any coast will do, but you get bonus food only when next to a fishing boats.