1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Quick Questions and Answers

Quick Questions and Answers

1. Mathias Rex

Mathias Rex Chieftain

Thanks, i can see now.

2. Liegence

Liegence Warlord

Where is the indicator showing when your culture will expand to a new tile?

Apologies if already answered ;)

3. Browd

Browd Dilettante Administrator

Sadly, not implemented.

Liegence likes this.
  4. Liegence

Liegence Warlord

So I'm not blind/crazy. Seems so basic :(

5. Wade-FIN

Wade-FIN Chieftain

I'd like to know this too. Also, I'd like to know if there is a way to demand AI players to remove nearby units, stop settling near my cities, stop spreading their religion, etc... like in CiV.

6. Tlplw717

Tlplw717 Chieftain

Could you point out the thread? I'm having trouble figuring out how to utilize extra luxuries

7. Tlplw717

Tlplw717 Chieftain

So I'm a big Civ 5 player (usually Emperor) but started out on Difficulty 3 to learn the game. I'm in the Modern age and literally everyone else is back in Renaissance at the latest. Does the AI just really suck at this difficulty?

8. SheckyS

SheckyS Warlord

How do I build an archaeologist. I have researched the Natural History Civic, but
    I think so. Pretty much. I'm playing on Level 4 (Prince) and I am mopping the floor with the AI technologically.

9. Browd

Tlplw717 likes this.
  10. Browd

You can only build or buy an archaeologist in a city with an archaeological museum that has not had its slots filled -- the archaeologist is "slaved" to that museum and any artifacts he finds will be teleported back to the museum. Once he's dug up 3 artifacts, he disappears (just like builders disappear when they use their last "charge").

11. Tlplw717

Tlplw717 Chieftain

Just seems more obscenely bad than Civ 5. If 4 is a piece of cake, I'll start a new one on 5. Maybe they need to cheat.. guess figuring out districts is hard?

12. SheckyS

SheckyS Warlord

Yeah, I got bored with my game on 4, so I'm playing on 5, now. :)

Tlplw717 likes this.
  13. Huckleberry

Huckleberry Chieftain

Can anyone confirm this? Thanks.

14. Browd

Pretty sure that seaside resorts cannot be built on hills, regardless of the appeal. Elsewhere in the Civilopedia they differentiate between, e.g., plains and plains (hills), etc. but for seaside reports it just lists the base terrain types, not the hill variants. Compare the seaside resort listing with the listing for Chateau and Great Wall (listing hill variants) and Kurgan (does not list hill variants, and, in fact, cannot be built on hills).

Huckleberry likes this.
  15. zagosya

zagosya Chieftain

As far as I remember Theocracy government allows you to buy units with faith along with giving a discount on faith purchases

16. paulmclem

paulmclem Warlord

Can you stop the Sean Bean Civ intro when you're loading a saved game....I've heard him telling me about Saladin till I'm sick of hearing it. I found some setting which was labeled "Disable Intro" (or something like that) but it made no difference...each load, there is Sean again...aaaaaaaaaaargggh :cry:

17. SheckyS

SheckyS Warlord

The fact that he repeats the same initial paragraph every single time probably doesn't help, either. :)

18. ameer

ameer Chieftain

Conqured all capitals but domination victory isn't triggering, am I doing something wrong. And yes I've conqured even the capitals long defunct civs.

19. ezzlar

ezzlar Emperor

When I have finished building something the top of the production list does not show my latest thing I built, but an earlier one. How am I supposed to know what was created?

Is there an auto-circle option between units? Often I have to press the a unit needs to move button manually.

20. Browd

There is an existing Bug Reports thread about the glitched production completed notifications.

On unit auto-cycle, I'm not sure what you are describing. There is automatic unit cycling in the game, but what's the issue?