Do Barb pillaged tiles repair themselves over time? Workers repaired pillaged tiles in a couple of turns in V, but Builders don't seem to have any such ability - which is handy because it would seem like a waste of charge.

There was a comment before the release of the game that commented on the fact that the tech tree didn't list all the things the research actually did.

Is this still the case?

How do I protect City States I have an interest in? I'm Suzerain for this city state and Scythia just declared war on it. I didn't see any sort of pledge to protect type deal, I can't find any kind of negotiation with Scythia to get them to stop attacking. I denounced them hoping maybe I'd get a Casus Belli for protecting my CS after that, but still nothing. Best I can do is use the declare war after denounce Casus Belli, which is still a heavy warmonger penalty.

Do Barb pillaged tiles repair themselves over time? Workers repaired pillaged tiles in a couple of turns in V, but Builders don't seem to have any such ability - which is handy because it would seem like a waste of charge.
Builders can repair any pillaged improvement without using a build charge, while pillaged districts and buildings must be repaired through city construction window.
There was a comment before the release of the game that commented on the fact that the tech tree didn't list all the things the research actually did.

Is this still the case?
You can mouse over techs and civics to see bonuses they unlock.

How does the Apprenticeship boost work?

The text is "To Boost: build 3 Mines."

I've built 5. That is improvements upon mineable hexes (2 silver, 1 gypsum, 1 stone, 1 diamond). I've still not received a boost.

Am I missing something obvious here?

[EDIT: Oh, and VisageTDI. Yeah, but I was under the impression that not all the information was there. I might be wrong.]

How does the Apprenticeship boost work?

The text is "To Boost: build 3 Mines."

I've built 5. That is improvements upon mineable hexes (2 silver, 1 gypsum, 1 stone, 1 diamond). I've still not received a boost.

Am I missing something obvious here?

[EDIT: Oh, and VisageTDI. Yeah, but I was under the impression that not all the information was there. I might be wrong.]

Two of those are quarry resources not mined resources but that should be three. Double check that the tooltip indicates you have mines on all three that should have it.

Gypsum and Stone are improved by Quarry, not Mine. Make sure you actually improved both Silvers and Diamond with a Mine improvement.

Edit: too late. :(

Is this still the case?

The tooltips do list all the items. However, some items don't have icons so you can't tell without reading the tooltip. For instance, Irrigation allows you to clear Marsh and Bronze Working allows you to chop Rainforest.

So me and Egypt have DoF. Now I want to declare war on them, but there is no option for that. Anyone know how long do I have to wait or is it some kind of a bug? Already waiting for 20-30 turns.

Two of those are quarry resources not mined resources but that should be three. Double check that the tooltip indicates you have mines on all three that should have it.

Thanks! Turns out I wasn't mining diamonds, but had a quarry on stones in the city with access to diamonds (which I thought I had started mining). Thought all of it was mines, though!

Is there a way to grab the seed of a map you've started to regen with a different civ? I started a game as Pericles on an island with noone else on it, including city states, (aptly called Australia) and wouldn't mind trying Victoria or Harald on that map
If you run the game in advanced setting, you get the seeds number at the bottom of the screen. Otherwise I don't know if you can access it later.

Dumb questions from a long-time Civ player:

Where is the Civilopedia?
Why does it say "next turn" when not all players (like my scouts) have moved?
How can I toggle through my units?
Why can't I change the resolution of the game?

Thanks.

Last edited:
Dumb questions from a long-time Civ player:

Where is the Civilopedia?
Why does it say "next turn" when not all players (like my scouts) have moved?
How can I toggle through my units?
Why can't I change the resolution of the game?

Thanks.

Click the ? in the top right of the game screen to open the Civilopedia. You can also access it by right-clicking items in the build list.

How can I see the luxuries I've traded for? I look in the diplomacy screen and it doesn't even show my trade deals. On the Report screen I can see my own produced luxuries but I can't see the ones I've traded for.

Top Bottom