1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Quick Questions and Answers

Quick Questions and Answers

1. Browd

Browd Dilettante Administrator

Could try gifting cities with particular problems (war weariness, etc.) to AI civs. But they may reject the gifts.

2. skip123

skip123 Chieftain

Hi, I'm trying to purchase builders but getting the message 'there are too many units of this type in this location'. My builders have all been used and I have none. Is there a limit on the number of builders you can purchase? Thanks...

3. Hans Castorp

Hans Castorp Warlord

You probably have a civilian unit in the city. Units of the same class cannot be stacked, so you cannot purchase the builder until you move the other unit out of the city. This includes settlers and great people, as well as military engineers.

Wizard-Bob likes this.
  4. skip123

skip123 Chieftain

Yes, I do have great people in my cities waiting. I'll move them out. Thanks!..

5. KyivanRusCivPlease

KyivanRusCivPlease Prince

Anybody knows how Sovereignty Resolution in the World Congress actually works? "+100% of the City-States' yield type when sending Trade Routes to a City-State of this type." So what happens when the militaristic CSs are chosen? Thanks

Last edited: Mar 7, 2019
  6. skip123

skip123 Chieftain

Any way to terminate a trade route early? A city state fell into the hands of an undesirable and I'd like to take my money elsewhere. I am unable to find a way of ending our relationship. Is it possible and if so, how?

Many Thanks in advance...

7. Infixo

Infixo Deity

8. Ruthless4u

Ruthless4u Chieftain

Any chance of civ 6 being on Xbox one or ps4 ?

9. Elric of Grans

Elric of Grans Chieftain

I have not yet bought Gathering Storm. I was wondering if it were worth waiting for a patch on the teething issues (my usual thing with new games/expansions). What is their usual practice around patches? Are they likely to address these within a month, or could I be waiting three or more months and may as well just buy it now?

10. MisterBoomBoom

MisterBoomBoom King

What resources/features are workers allowed to harvest now in GS? I can't remove stone or rice anymore?

11. moors

moors Warlord

Does governor's loyalty bonus effect nearby cities in GS ?

12. Browd

Browd Dilettante Administrator

Bonus resources can be removed/harvested by any civ except the Maori.

13. Wyvern_Parade

Wyvern_Parade Chieftain

Does Eiffel Tower's +2 appeal also apply to mountain tiles in your empire? Not sure since otherwise mountain tiles are set at Breathtaking (4) and not otherwise modified by appeal factors such as mines/old growth forests.

KyivanRusCivPlease likes this.
  14. MisterBoomBoom

MisterBoomBoom King

Thank you Browd! That explains why I was tripping over my two left feet during my Haka dance.

As overheard during my powhiri with them: "What a GREAT place to put a canal...a district...a Pa...dang it...blocked again...!"

15. NebulousJaguar

NebulousJaguar Chieftain

I thought I understood how power (electricity) works in this game. Seemed pretty simple.
    But then I found some of my cities with power and I could not explain where they were getting it from.

How does power work, how is this city in the attached pics getting power. I have no coal factories, I do have the coal resource but I checked it and it does not say any coal is being used from the coal pool. Steam power was my most recent technology completed researching:

Attached Files:

16. Infixo

Infixo Deity

@NebulousJaguar There seems to be some bug. I also noticed that often a city consumes some power from „local source” and this source is nowhere to be found. Normally, it should read what type of renewables is that e.f. Solar, wind, hydro. But this „local source” is unexplained.

17. windh

windh Chieftain

Hi people. Fairly new to 6.

Working on a Religious campaign and I\m trying to produce some relics by having Martyrs killed. However, when I produce my Apostles, I cannot promote them to Martyrs. Only three other options, but no Martyr. Do I need something special in order to do so?

18. Wyvern_Parade

Wyvern_Parade Chieftain

Answering my own question since I had some time to test it. Eiffel Tower does indeed apply to mountain tiles within your borders, boosting them to Breathtaking (6).

Martyr is in the pool of random promotions for all Apostles, so you might be able to pick it if you're lucky. But if you want to guarantee it, building the Mont St.Michel wonder gives all future Apostles the Martyr promotion automatically in addition to their other random promotion.

windh likes this.
  19. windh

windh Chieftain

Ah, random! That explains it. Thanks a lot.

20. NebulousJaguar

NebulousJaguar Chieftain

I figured it out. You can get power by having harbors as a suzerain bonus from the "Cardiff" city state.

All those cities that suddenly had power out of nowhere, they all had harbors. and I had just picked up Cardiff.

Infixo likes this.