1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Quick Questions and Answers

Quick Questions and Answers

1. JamesNinelives

JamesNinelives Chieftain

Question about these forums: I see people using the spoiler code for images. I haven't figured out how to do it yet myself. Could someone tell me how it's done?

2. Laurana Kanan

Laurana Kanan Don’t underestimate who I am.

The spoiler tags go before and after your image/text "[Sp0iler]text/image[/Sp0iler]". You can automatically create them by clicking on the little "insert" icon in the formatting bar above your post and selecting "Spoiler" in the pop-up menu. It'll ask for a title, which you can skip.

JamesNinelives likes this.
  3. JamesNinelives

JamesNinelives Chieftain

OK, thanks! I thought it wasn't working because the preview didn't show the image. I tested it out and worked fine though :).

4. leif erikson

leif erikson Game of the Month Fanatic Administrator Supporter GOTM Staff

And the reason we use spoiler tags is to help forum load time for members without fast connections to the internet.

JamesNinelives likes this.
  5. Fisha

Fisha Chieftain

Hi all!

Quick newbie question. In my previous game I had an (builder) improvement, which could be built on the ocean, and gave housing and food. It was something like an underwater dome. I didn't find it in my new game nor in the "manuals". Can you help me what it is? And how can be built? Thanks in advance.

6. Stylianos

Stylianos Chieftain

Hi @Fisha, you are probably talking about Seasteads. It is a builder improvement that unlocks at the future era, with nthe seasteds technology (only thing is that the future era techs and civics are randomly placed). It provides food, production, culture & turism and +2 housing.

7. Fisha

Fisha Chieftain

8. Ondolindë

Ondolindë Chieftain

9. CGYRich

CGYRich Chieftain

Hi, apologies if this has been asked elsewhere in this thread, but 123 pages is tough to sift through. :)

I'm returning to civ (last game I played was civ 4) and was just wondering if someone could tell me how many DLC's and expansions there are for Civ 6, and whats the best price and place to get the whole bundle for? Or are some of them not worth getting?

10. leif erikson

leif erikson Game of the Month Fanatic Administrator Supporter GOTM Staff

11. CGYRich

CGYRich Chieftain

Thanks Leif! Much appreciated. :)

12. KyivanRusCivPlease

KyivanRusCivPlease Chieftain

1. So did I understand correctly: if there are 2 cities near a volcano, the one that has lost population also gets the damage to its garrison health and fortification strength, if that volcano erupts?

2. Another question: does anyone know why in the World Congress my civ is chosen for a resolution, while AI civs have given the same amount of votes (e.g. each civ gave 1 vote for themselves)? Maybe it depends on who has the most overall favor?

Last edited: Mar 22, 2019
  13. shadowplay

shadowplay your ad here

At what difficulty level does the AI start to get bonuses the player doesn't get?

14. KyivanRusCivPlease

KyivanRusCivPlease Chieftain

At King.

shadowplay likes this.
  15. Raijer

Raijer The 736th Beatle Supporter

While I was off conquering Greece, neighboring Geneva crossed my borders and pillaged a quarry. I moved my troops down to the city-state to give 'em what they had coming BUT somehow, some way, I can't attack the city NOR any of her troops. The City-States menu says I have to wait 5 turns to declare war. WTH? How am I not ALREADY at war with Geneva? What gives? What am I missing here? Any help or advice will be greatly appreciated.

16. Browd

Browd Dilettante Administrator

I'm guessing that Geneva was at war with you (as a result of your war with their then-suzerain), but their suzerain changed and they automatically made peace (hence, what sounds like a peace treaty that needs to cool down before you can DOW them separately). How closely were you monitoring notifications? A CS peace notice can easily be overlooked amidst the flurry of other war-related notifications.

Raijer, Jkchart and Infixo like this.
  17. shadowplay

shadowplay your ad here

Do you have to start a new game for a new patch to take effect?

18. Raijer

Raijer The 736th Beatle Supporter

Ah, this must be it. I'll recheck the notifications, but if Greece was suzerain of Geneva (as I now suspect), then destroying the civ must've meant automatic peace with the city-state. Thanks! :)

19. Vilvatiktan

Vilvatiktan Chieftain

Can I build Kampungs around fisheries?

20. mihe

mihe Chieftain

Does anyone know why that unit shows a glowing red border inside its pin? I do not know if it is something of CQUI, but I cannot find any information either.Thanks!

Attached Files: