1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Quick Questions and Answers

Quick Questions and Answers

1. Markus5

Markus5 Code Monkey

No. You can still get fertility. It seems to be fewer tiles and for a lesser amount. But, you still get some fertility.

2. Markus5

Markus5 Code Monkey

I have not built any wells. But, I have oil accumulating. I can't find any cities on top of oil.
    Can you get oil without wells?

3. ezzlar

ezzlar Emperor

Great merchant, John D Rockefeller, provides 2 oil each turn. One of the better of them!

Edit: And of course a district on top gives the resource as well.

4. Markus5

Markus5 Code Monkey

Not city center. Not Rockefeller. Must be districts somewhere. I'll look again. I didn't know districts other than the city center gave resources.
    Thanks!

5. davido55

davido55 Chieftain

Hello, I want to know if I am the only one to have some problems with Gathering Storm.
    Indeed, since I bought the extension, my game is much slower, the characters move much less fluids, it's really annoying enough.
    So I'm pretty surprised to see Civilization VI being so slow ...
    I hope you can help me,

6. Markus5

Markus5 Code Monkey

Check your graphics settings. Very occasionally, my graphic device selection gets changed from the nVidia device to the build-in Intel device. Everything was annoying like you described. Worth a quick check. This is not related to Gathering Storm. It just happens to me sometimes.

7. Markus5

Markus5 Code Monkey

Ok. I found my oil. The report for resources shows +3 oil for "Gameplay Bonuses". From that report, it looks like "Gameplay Bonuses" is a catch-all category for things like trades, great people bonuses, pantheon effects, etc. But, I can't be sure.
    But, I can't find oil on the map. Perhaps it's really there. I mean, +3 is what an oil well will produce. Too bad there isn't a way to search for it.
    I know that I have no niter, but got 2 from somewhere. I'm getting +0, but the resource report shows +2 in "Gameplay Bonues".
    I have lots of coal. The resource report shows +3 in "Gameplay Bonues".
    Other things show these bonuses, too - aluminum, crabs, fish, stone, bananas.
    I think there is some resource bonus stuff that is unknown. I wish the resource report was better. These bonuses are very odd.
    Or its a bug.

8. ezzlar

ezzlar Emperor

Markus5: Are you in control of any CS? You get their strategic resources if you are suzerain.

Other question: Ski resorts. Apart from the 1 builder charge cost, should you just litter your empire with them?

9. Raijer

Raijer The 736th Beatle

Does anyone know if the Dead Sea provides fresh water or not? The Wiki says yes, the tool tip in game says no. :crazyeye: I'm one tile away from a lake, but the game won't build the aqueduct on that tile. It insists on putting it on some (seemingly random) tile next to the Dead Sea.

10. iammaxhailme

iammaxhailme Emperor

I believe it did in R&F but not GS.

Ondolindë and Stilgar08 like this.
  11. KyivanRusCivPlease

KyivanRusCivPlease Prince

Did they finally fix the trade routes in GS to show the correct number of turns on the trade route chooser screen? Has anyone payed attention?

12. Stilgar08

Stilgar08 Emperor

Any idea why I cannot harvest the sheep here? Bug, Known issue or something else?

Spoiler I know the wrong builder is highlighted, nevertheless I cannot harvest the sheep! :( :
    Honeyview_Civ6Screen0543 (2).jpg

Furthermore I'm a bit thick, please bear with me but I imagined you could place districts over luxury resources - Not so in my game? :confused:

13. Stilgar08

Stilgar08 Emperor

correct

Nope; I'd just let steam verify your installation. Works fine for me almost always. Or you used a mod not being updated for GS properly... Check the additional content screen...

if you use the "better trade screen mod" it does...

Better Trade Screen has been updated for GS and runs smoothly - couldn't live without it! :)

14. TheGrumpyBuddha

TheGrumpyBuddha King

This is probably a stupid question but (because?) I can't find the answer anywhere.

How can you tell how old your nuclear reactor is/what the risk is of failure? I read somewhere that you can see it if you scroll all the way down the production screen but no luck. I see "Recommission nuclear reactor" but nothing about the age.

BONUS QUESTION: How many light-years need to be traveled (on standard speed) for the Exoplanet quest?

15. TheBossInTheWal

TheBossInTheWal Chieftain

How do I turn off the message alerts that fill the middle of the screen? Is there a mod for vanilla that that reduces the length of the warmongering penalty is applied to civs? Is there a mod for vanilla that stops civs from founding cities far from their borders and close to the players? Thanks much.

16. Stilgar08

Stilgar08 Emperor

There are several mods for that I think. I use simplified gossip which gets rid of most of the blabla stuff like "Lady Shania just learned that..." helps alot - in the negotiations screen as well.
    ---
    Sorry for being a pain and repeating myself but if anyone knows this I'd be happy to hear it 'cause it just bugs me big time:
    Any idea why I cannot harvest the sheep here? Bug, Known issue or something else?

Spoiler I know the wrong builder is highlighted, nevertheless I cannot harvest the sheep! :( :

17. kaspergm

kaspergm Deity

I have a question regarding dams. I have a long river, that flows past 6 different cities in my empire. So my questions are:
    • Am I correct, that I can only build one dam along the river?
    • Will it make any difference where I place the dame in terms of how it works to prevent flooding?
    • Am I correct, that the drought protection will only apply to the city with the dam?

18. TheBossInTheWal

TheBossInTheWal Chieftain

Thank you. No suggestions for the other two questions?

19. Stilgar08

Stilgar08 Emperor

Nope. :p none that I know...

20. tedhebert

tedhebert Emperor

Sorry, but I can't think of a good reason, no...

So my guess would have to be: MOD bug...

Stilgar08 likes this.