Great merchant, John D Rockefeller, provides 2 oil each turn. One of the better of them!

Edit: And of course a district on top gives the resource as well.
Not city center. Not Rockefeller. Must be districts somewhere. I'll look again. I didn't know districts other than the city center gave resources.
Thanks!

Hello, I want to know if I am the only one to have some problems with Gathering Storm.
Indeed, since I bought the extension, my game is much slower, the characters move much less fluids, it's really annoying enough.
So I'm pretty surprised to see Civilization VI being so slow ...
I hope you can help me,

Hello, I want to know if I am the only one to have some problems with Gathering Storm.
Indeed, since I bought the extension, my game is much slower, the characters move much less fluids, it's really annoying enough.
So I'm pretty surprised to see Civilization VI being so slow ...
I hope you can help me,
Check your graphics settings. Very occasionally, my graphic device selection gets changed from the nVidia device to the build-in Intel device. Everything was annoying like you described. Worth a quick check. This is not related to Gathering Storm. It just happens to me sometimes.

Not city center. Not Rockefeller. Must be districts somewhere. I'll look again. I didn't know districts other than the city center gave resources.
Thanks!
Ok. I found my oil. The report for resources shows +3 oil for "Gameplay Bonuses". From that report, it looks like "Gameplay Bonuses" is a catch-all category for things like trades, great people bonuses, pantheon effects, etc. But, I can't be sure.
But, I can't find oil on the map. Perhaps it's really there. I mean, +3 is what an oil well will produce. Too bad there isn't a way to search for it.
I know that I have no niter, but got 2 from somewhere. I'm getting +0, but the resource report shows +2 in "Gameplay Bonues".
I have lots of coal. The resource report shows +3 in "Gameplay Bonues".
Other things show these bonuses, too - aluminum, crabs, fish, stone, bananas.
I think there is some resource bonus stuff that is unknown. I wish the resource report was better. These bonuses are very odd.
Or its a bug.

Markus5: Are you in control of any CS? You get their strategic resources if you are suzerain.

Other question: Ski resorts. Apart from the 1 builder charge cost, should you just litter your empire with them?

Does anyone know if the Dead Sea provides fresh water or not? The Wiki says yes, the tool tip in game says no. :crazyeye: I'm one tile away from a lake, but the game won't build the aqueduct on that tile. It insists on putting it on some (seemingly random) tile next to the Dead Sea.

Does anyone know if the Dead Sea provides fresh water or not? The Wiki says yes, the tool tip in game says no. :crazyeye: I'm one tile away from a lake, but the game won't build the aqueduct on that tile. It insists on putting it on some (seemingly random) tile next to the Dead Sea.
I believe it did in R&F but not GS.

Any idea why I cannot harvest the sheep here? Bug, Known issue or something else?

Spoiler I know the wrong builder is highlighted, nevertheless I cannot harvest the sheep! :( :
Honeyview_Civ6Screen0543 (2).jpg

Furthermore I'm a bit thick, please bear with me but I imagined you could place districts over luxury resources - Not so in my game? :confused:

I believe it did in R&F but not GS.
correct

Was there some sort of hotfix that has made saved games from GS unplayable? I'm on turn 180 in a game with Dido, restarted my computer for an unrelated reason, and now my game is crashing when it tries to load the save file.
Nope; I'd just let steam verify your installation. Works fine for me almost always. Or you used a mod not being updated for GS properly... Check the additional content screen...

Did they finally fix the trade routes in GS to show the correct number of turns on the trade route chooser screen? Has anyone payed attention?
if you use the "better trade screen mod" it does...

You're not missing anything, it's not possible without a mod. Keep a look out for the Better Trade Screen mod, it allows you to filter all the trade routes, and by more than one yield at that. It's still being updated for GS, though.

Better Trade Screen has been updated for GS and runs smoothly - couldn't live without it! :)

This is probably a stupid question but (because?) I can't find the answer anywhere.

How can you tell how old your nuclear reactor is/what the risk is of failure? I read somewhere that you can see it if you scroll all the way down the production screen but no luck. I see "Recommission nuclear reactor" but nothing about the age.

BONUS QUESTION: How many light-years need to be traveled (on standard speed) for the Exoplanet quest?

How do I turn off the message alerts that fill the middle of the screen? Is there a mod for vanilla that that reduces the length of the warmongering penalty is applied to civs? Is there a mod for vanilla that stops civs from founding cities far from their borders and close to the players? Thanks much.

How do I turn off the message alerts that fill the middle of the screen? Is there a mod for vanilla that that reduces the length of the warmongering penalty is applied to civs? Is there a mod for vanilla that stops civs from founding cities far from their borders and close to the players? Thanks much.
There are several mods for that I think. I use simplified gossip which gets rid of most of the blabla stuff like "Lady Shania just learned that..." helps alot - in the negotiations screen as well.
---
Sorry for being a pain and repeating myself but if anyone knows this I'd be happy to hear it 'cause it just bugs me big time:
Any idea why I cannot harvest the sheep here? Bug, Known issue or something else?

Spoiler I know the wrong builder is highlighted, nevertheless I cannot harvest the sheep! :( :

I have a question regarding dams. I have a long river, that flows past 6 different cities in my empire. So my questions are:
  • Am I correct, that I can only build one dam along the river?
  • Will it make any difference where I place the dame in terms of how it works to prevent flooding?
  • Am I correct, that the drought protection will only apply to the city with the dam?

There are several mods for that I think. I use simplified gossip which gets rid of most of the blabla stuff like "Lady Shania just learned that..." helps alot - in the negotiations screen as well.

Thank you. No suggestions for the other two questions?

How can you tell how old your nuclear reactor is/what the risk is of failure? I read somewhere that you can see it if you scroll all the way down the production screen but no luck. I see "Recommission nuclear reactor" but nothing about the age.

Also, how many light-years need to be traveled (on standard speed) for the Exoplanet quest?

Hover over that build item. It'll list up to three possible problems. You are at stage one with one, two with two, three with three. They go from minor to serious.

The age is hidden. I forget because i modded.mine, but i think 10 years is for the first stage.

50 light years? Hover over victory condition subscreen top area when in tech victory.

Hovering over the recommision should show you the age, after 10 turns it should show some red info.
The travel time is 50 years. At the top of the science tab you can see how far you are with an x/50 number. If you hover over the final little blue line bellow it shows how fast you go in light years per turn.

Top Bottom