1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Quick Questions and Answers

Quick Questions and Answers

1. Browd

Browd Dilettante Administrator

You aren't missing anything. Another potential solution would be to do what you can to support the religious spread (or at least religious survival) of another religion -- as long as another religion remains majority in at least one civ, India can't get a religious victory. But that's easier to describe than to execute. Of course, winning by some other method (e.g., science or culture) also works, but those require speed.

2. Browd

No other official tutorials, but there are a number of YouTubers who are playing early games, and many of them have decent commentary. Check out the Stories & Let's Plays forum: http://forums.civfanatics.com/forums/civ6-stories-lets-plays.543/ Also check out MadDjinn's Beyond the Monument series -- the new episode 28 focuses on a variety of Civ VI mechanics and decisionmaking: http://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/beyond-the-monument-returns-oct-22nd.600165

Akbarthegreat likes this.
  3. Browd

None of that functionality is in the game, but all are on the community's wishlists, so hopefully we will see them in a patch.

4. Browd

There is no comprehensive demographics screen, but the World Rankings screen (accessible from the top right of the screen) has a fair amount of demographic-type information.

Amenities from Entertainment district buildings are local to the city in which the entertainment district is built, plus, in the case of zoos and stadiums, any city whose city center is within 6 tiles of the entertainment district in which the zoo or stadium is located. So, for example, if City A has an Entertainment district with an Arena (1 amenity), Zoo (1 amenity) and Stadium (2 amenities), and Cities B and C are within 6 tiles of that Entertainment district, then:

1. City A has 4 amenities from entertainment (from its own Arena + Zoo + Stadium)

2. City B has 3 amenities from entertainment (from City A's Zoo + Stadium)

3. City C also has 3 amenities from entertainment (from City A's Zoo + Stadium)

If City B then built its own Entertainment district with an Arena and a Zoo, and taht Entertainment district is within 6 tilers of City A and City D, but not City C (let's assume City C is on the other side of City A), then:

1. City A has 5 amenities from entertainment (from its own Arena + Zoo + Stadium plus City B's Zoo)

2. City B has 5 amenities from entertainment (from its own Arena and Zoo plus City A's Zoo + Stadium)

3. City C still just has 3 amenities from entertainment (from City A's Zoo + Stadium), since it is not in range of City B's new Entertainment district

4. City D now has 1 amenity from entertainment (from City B's Zoo)

Unikornus and grandad1982 like this.
  5. SheckyS

SheckyS Warlord

There seems to be some kinda trick to this. I've had cases where it didn't work until I put the unit into 'sleep' mode. Or cases where it didn't work on the first turn but worked on subsequent turns. And cases where it didn't work at all.

6. SheckyS

SheckyS Warlord

There are three different kinds of resources: Luxury, Bonus, and Strategic.

I'm not sure exactly how it works, but some of them, I think, provide some tile yield bonuses whenever the tile is worked - even without an improvement. With the improvement, you also get the tile yield bonus (or an additional tile yield bonus) plus you get access to the resource. So for a Luxury resource, this means you get the amenities and for a strategic resource, you get the resource so you can build units that require it.

7. ltccone

ltccone Prince

Is there a way to see a list of your units? It is a real pain to look over the map to find units that can be upgraded.

8. Silverdawn

Silverdawn Prince

Select one of your units. Click on their name and it will bring up a scrollable list of all your units.

MisterBoomBoom likes this.
  9. iammaxhailme

iammaxhailme Emperor

How do I move artifacts from one archeological museum to another?

I have one full museum (museum A) and one with one artifact in it (museum B). If I click on museum B, it says you can only move artifacts out of FULL museums. Okay, so I try clicking on museum A. The artifact gets picked up by the cursor indicating I can move it, but when I click on museum B, nothing happens.

Can you only move from a full museum to another full museum, or does the fullness of ONLY the source count?

10. ltccone

ltccone Prince

Thanks! I knew there had to be SOME way to do it!

Staal likes this.
  11. Huckleberry

Huckleberry Chieftain

So did I miss the victory screen or something? This means I already won a cultural victory a long time ago, right?

I don't recall anything that told me I'd won. What am I missing? (And yes, I played my first game on ridiculously easy settings to learn the new mechanics)

12. VTMatt

VTMatt Chieftain

I just finished my first game (was going for science victory with Rome on Prince, but ended up being so close to cultural that I actually got that before my mars projects finished!). Towards the end of the game, I noticed Gilgamesh and his cronies (who were across the world from me), had converted 4/6 civs. Mine, and the very weak, 1 city Greeks were the only ones not converted. He did have a couple of my cities converted, but not enough to have swayed my whole empire. I was able to stop him by doing a couple things:
    1) Use Diplomacy, I asked him to stop with the religion. This seemed to slow his spamming down a bit, but when that didn't work...
    2) Blocked his access routes to my civ with units. Not foolproof, but it did make it slower for his religious units to get to my cities, they had to go out sea and in from another direction.
    3) Bought with faith my own missionaries, and converted my own cities back. I didn't found a religion, but another civ had zapped a few of my cities early game with a different religion, I just spread that one to more of my cities so he was basically treading water with his conversions.
    4) Finally, when he was still annoying me with the apostles and missionaries, I just DOW'd him. It was only my second war of the game, and the first declared by me, but the religious units are easy pickings for military, and he wasn't a threat militarily, so that put an end to his shenanigans.

13. Sic

Sic Chieftain

Is there any way to see unused luxuries?

Making deals having the total amount of luxuries in the pool at the deal screen is quite tedious when you have no idea if it will impact your cities or not.

14. MisterBoomBoom

MisterBoomBoom King

Once you are in the yield/production screen of a city is there any way you can cycle through the rest of your cities or must you go back out and individually select each city ...then the production screen ...etc.

15. sigmakan

sigmakan Warlord

Does the Hansa district not benefit from adjacency to mines/quarries? That seems like a pretty steep penalty.

16. AmtrakQuebec

AmtrakQuebec King

You know that place by the other place...
    How can I purchase buildings with Faith? I have played a few games now and in the very first one I had this ability but in my subsequent games I don't seem to have this ability. Is there a Civic or a Religion setting that I'm missing? I tried looking this up in the Civilopedia but there doesn't seem to be anything about it.

17. AmtrakQuebec

AmtrakQuebec King

You know that place by the other place...
    Never mind, I found it myself. It is the Jesuit Education follower setting. d'oh!

18. Sic

Sic Chieftain

There are arrows to the side of the city name. Press those to cycle.

19. Sic

Sic Chieftain

Not sure if this is a bug or not, it's really hard to tell, since the current UI simply doesn't give this information to the player.

Is the Industrial Zone district working as intended?

The Civilopedia states that if worked, the industrial zone will produce 2 production in of itself. I have the industrial zone, and the workshop in the industrial zone. When I work the industrial zone, the mouse-over tells me my yield is 2 production. Shouldn't I be getting 4, or have I misunderstood the Civilopedia text?

20. Huckleberry

Huckleberry Chieftain

Now the game is telling me that Spain is dominant over my culture and only needs to be dominant over one more to win. Based on the tourism numbers this is just simply incorrect. I'm confused.