1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Quick Questions and Answers

Quick Questions and Answers

1. zagosya

zagosya Chieftain

so it is possible to attack religious units with military ones? good to know!

2. Sic

Sic Chieftain

Is there any way to deselect a city other than selecting something else?

Deselecting units is easy enough, one just has to click on the ground somewhere, but cities seem to be selected forever, unless you select something else.

Intended behaviour?

3. Resipsa

Resipsa King

Religious Art; how do you get them to fill Cathedrals all of my artists give me regular art that can't be slotted there

4. OAFK

OAFK Chieftain

Is the colossus' fire lit as in the trailers? If so, does it stay that way even into the modern eras?

5. Huckleberry

Huckleberry Chieftain

Okay, as a follow-up to my previous post, here are two screen shots from the same turn:

So my questions are:

1. Is this a minor bug? It looks like the game is sending those messages based on previous Civ 5 code (dominant over specific cultures) even though that's not how it works anymore. Arabia just achieved having more visiting tourists than domestic tourists, but that doesn't make them dominant over me (something that is now irrelevant). In fact it has nothing to do with me as I actually have more of their tourists than they do (52 Arabian tourists are in America while only 16 are in Arabia).

2. Is there a victory screen in Civ 6? As I said originally, it looks like I've already won a Culture Victory but there was no victory screen or even message that I recall. If I didn't miss it somehow this would have to be a bug as well, right?

6. zagosya

zagosya Chieftain

I'm gonna post this here not as a quick question but as a quick answer) The inspiration for craftsmanship says "improve 3 tiles" but really it should say "have 3 tiles improved". Because if, let's say, you grabbed a builder, improved 2 tiles, then barbs appeared and pillaged them and after that you spent your last builder charge to improve a third tile you don't get a boost. Just found out

Lunchmoney likes this.
  7. sigmakan

sigmakan Warlord

I had that same bug, I was nearing cultural victory and I received an announcement that another civ was about to win! Went to culture screen and no one is even close.

8. sigmakan

sigmakan Warlord

Can you change the default setting for tile yields to "on"?

9. Sc4Freak

Sc4Freak Chieftain

I can't for the life of me figure out how to view a production modifier, e.g. +50% production toward military units. In Civ5 you could mouse over the production in the city screen to see the modifiers, how do I do this in VI?

10. Resipsa

Resipsa King

You can kill Ghadi and then he can't win a religious victory. Barring that you're going to get beaten if you can't get to your winning condition. You can potentially delay the victory by dropping cities that do r yet have religion.

11. jsteele14

jsteele14 Chieftain

This question is a perfect example of missing explanations in many aspects of the game. For instance, how do I see what amenities are being used to add up my city's luxury resource amenities? You can't track your trade, or account of the total production of your city after including various bonuses. There is a very general explanation but it is not helpful. I really like the direction of the game but hopefully there is some kind of patch that provides explanations for bonuses and other achievements.

12. Sic

Sic Chieftain

They will have to do a complete UI/Civilopedia revamp pretty quickly. I just hope that they can fix the (few) showstoppers as soon as possible, so they can get onto the UI, because right now, it simply isn't working properly. You shouldn't have to fight against the UI for it to give you information.

13. CaptainPatch

CaptainPatch Lifelong gamer

Yeah, I _finally_ saw the button had appeared on the relevant unit. (The icon is an abstraction of a round medal hanging on a ribbon.) It appears on the left side of the unit's Action buttons.

Thanks for the Reply!

14. Balkans

Balkans Warlord

I think you can hoover over the little cog when you build something.. it should says all the sources of hammers. Heads up, for some things you need to wait next turn to actually see it added on the list as added bonus.

It's quite easy to calculate. 1 luxury = 1 amenity for 4 cities. Based on the numbers of cities you have you shouldn't have problem to calculate. 8 cities you can use 2 luxuries of same type - rest is unused - sell it. Next thing you go to reports and you see status of your cities - based on do you want them happy or estatic for bonuses you trade even those that are used but you don't need all that bonuses but fast cash.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 25, 2016
  15. jsteele14

jsteele14 Chieftain

My understanding was that having 2 copies of a luxury resource did not provide an amenity for 8 cities. I read that somewhere but have no way of confirming it because there is no explanation for the amenities that I am getting credit for.

16. jsteele14

jsteele14 Chieftain

However, what you mentioned makes total sense and is how it should be in my opinion.

17. VileSin

VileSin Chieftain

Corps / Armies

What exactly makes a corps? Two same units? Two diff? Any drawbacks? What happens to the experience between them?

18. Sic

Sic Chieftain

To the mods:

Should we have a general thread for listing nags that aren't necessarily bugs, but that of things that doesn't seem to function properly at the moment?

I feel like there is a lot of this at the moment, and it feels like it doesn't warrant a new thread, but it also isn't really a question that fits this thread either.

19. Sic

Sic Chieftain

I honestly don't understand the relationship system.

My current relationship with Montezuma is "unfriendly".

In the "reasons for current relationship" section I have green (positives) that add up to +17 (5, 2, 10) and red (negatives) that add up to -15 (3, 6, 6), so I would think at least our relationship would be somewhat neutral, but the guy hates my guts, won't even let me send a delegation.

What is the underlying system here? 0 isn't neutral?

20. Balkans

Balkans Warlord

I'm almost 100% this is how it is. The only thing that can confuse you is that there is system behind the scenes that appoints those amenities based on housing and size of cities, etc... so sometimes it can look the numbers don't add up somewhere ... also when you go into negative amenity, war or whatever, it can take some turns to level the real amenity state ... and similar quirks tends to confuse ... but one luxury can make 4 cities happy, that's 100%.