Hello,

I just finished multiplayer game with a friend and one thing has me confused. Towards the later parts of the game, I could make domestic trade routes which would yield nice amount of gold. That option was not there in the beginning, since I could only trade for gold with other powers or city states. My friend told me that he could not trade domestic for gold even in late game.
I have no idea what causes the gold yielding domestic trade. Online I found the info that it should be available only for international trade. Could somebody explain?

Thanks in an advance.
There there are policy cards that gives you some gold for each of your domestic trade routes (Caravansaries +2, Triangular Trade +4, Ecommerce +10, if you didn't notice it until the end, it was probably ecommerce). There might be other ways, but that's the way that comes to mind to me. Your friend probably used different Policy Cards and so didn't get that advantage.

There there are policy cards that gives you some gold for each of your domestic trade routes (Caravansaries +2, Triangular Trade +4, Ecommerce +10, if you didn't notice it until the end, it was probably ecommerce). There might be other ways, but that's the way that comes to mind to me. Your friend probably used different Policy Cards and so didn't get that advantage.

Only one of my policies was for trade and that one gave +4 food +4 production if I remember correctly, so that´s not the case, I think. The other thing was that most of my cities had trade routes for little amount of gold, like 2,5, 3 gold, but trade routes to 3 of my biggest cities had around 10 gold trade routes. The bonus did not come from envoys either.
Here is a screenshot if it´s any help.

Last edited:
.s..lzlszlA.A?A.z.ĺz
I z
QSXxx
X
Only one of my policies was for trade and that one gave +4 food +4 production if I remember correctly, so that´s not the case, I think. The other thing was that most of my cities had trade routes for little amount of gold, like 2,5, 3 gold, but trade routes to 3 of my biggest cities had around 10 gold trade routes. The bonus did not come from envoys either.
Here is a screenshot if it´s any help.
Do you have GS? Sea trade routes provide gold in GS, if your friend was landlocked etc, he might not be getting sea routes.

University of Sankore provides a small amount of gold per trade route as well.

.s..lzlszlA.A?A.z.ĺz
I z
QSXxx
X

Do you have GS? Sea trade routes provide gold in GS, if your friend was landlocked etc, he might not be getting sea routes.

University of Sankore provides a small amount of gold per trade route as well.

No GS, trade done only on land, no wonders that gave trade gold bonuses AFAIK

Why is is that a cities loyalty drops dramatically when governor Victor is installed? Countless times Ive taken over small cities and their rebellion is 57 turns away..I install him as governor and it drops to 16 turns. I even changed my civics to allow for 2 loyalty with a garrisoned unit before the dramatic drop and it always happens.

Why is is that a cities loyalty drops dramatically when governor Victor is installed? Countless times Ive taken over small cities and their rebellion is 57 turns away..I install him as governor and it drops to 16 turns. I even changed my civics to allow for 2 loyalty with a garrisoned unit before the dramatic drop and it always happens.
It shouldn't. Only thing I can think of: with his second promotion Victor gives +4 loyalty to your cities within 9 tiles distance,if you move him that +4 loyalty is gone until he is settled in his new city (after 3 turns). But moving any governor immediately gives +8 loyalty to a city,even before the governor is settled. So if you go from a city without a governor, but within 9 tiles from Victor with his second promotion and you move Victor to that city the change should still be +4.

It shouldn't. Only thing I can think of: with his second promotion Victor gives +4 loyalty to your cities within 9 tiles distance,if you move him that +4 loyalty is gone until he is settled in his new city (after 3 turns). But moving any governor immediately gives +8 loyalty to a city,even before the governor is settled. So if you go from a city without a governor, but within 9 tiles from Victor with his second promotion and you move Victor to that city the change should still be +4.
so the trick would be to trade in governors for that +8 loyalty to buy time for builders?

so the trick would be to trade in governors for that +8 loyalty to buy time for builders?
You move Victor to a city near (within 9 tiles) cities that you have or are planning to conquer to boost the loyalty in those cities with +4. You move other governors into a city that you just conquered for the immediate +8 boost to loyalty. Combined that's +12 which often gives you time to move forward to the next city you want to conquer. I typically don't stop conquering cities until I have stabilized loyalty. It takes a little practice, but the loyalty mechanism (imho) works quite nice once you figure it out. :)

Few questions -
  • Are the effects of a spy's counterspying operation in the adjacent district as effective as the district they are on?
  • If I place 2 spies in 2 districts adjacent to each other, will both districts benefit from both the spies?
  • If I have 2 spies with the polygraph promotion, does there bonuses stack? Same question for the Quartermaster promotion

Hello. I'm fairly new to the game. As a console gamer, I've played Civ Rev until my thumbs hurt, but this is my first go round with a real title.

Anyway, I'm loving Civ 6 so far, and I really want all the extra leaders the expansion packs have. But I don't want to deal with the other "improvements" like climate change, floods, etc. Does anyone know if you can download the DLC, but turn off those other features? Basically, I'm willing to pay to add extra civs to the game without having the other stuff.

On PC, the expansion civs are only enabled when the expansion features are enabled because the civs use those features for their unique abilities. I expect this would be the same on consoles too.

Hello. I'm fairly new to the game. As a console gamer, I've played Civ Rev until my thumbs hurt, but this is my first go round with a real title.

Anyway, I'm loving Civ 6 so far, and I really want all the extra leaders the expansion packs have. But I don't want to deal with the other "improvements" like climate change, floods, etc. Does anyone know if you can download the DLC, but turn off those other features? Basically, I'm willing to pay to add extra civs to the game without having the other stuff.

You are probably better off asking this in the Civ VI - Consoles board https://forums.civfanatics.com/forums/civ-6-consoles.596/ if you have Xbox or PS4 or Civ VI - Nintendo Switch board https://forums.civfanatics.com/forums/civ6-nintendo-switch.593/ if you have the Switch.

Most payers here will be PC players with a slightly different format. The appropriate platform board will have players that can help you better.

That said, from my understanding of what the Switch players have said, you can only disable the XPs as a whole (they are listed as DLC, with Rise & Fall and Gathering Storm being listed separately), so you can't just have the civs but not the mechanics. You can set the disaster level though, so you can minimise or maybe even eliminate things like climate change. Things likes countable resources are only disabled by turning off the XP though, to my understanding.

You are probably better off asking this in the Civ VI - Consoles board https://forums.civfanatics.com/forums/civ-6-consoles.596/ if you have Xbox or PS4 or Civ VI - Nintendo Switch board https://forums.civfanatics.com/forums/civ6-nintendo-switch.593/ if you have the Switch.

Most payers here will be PC players with a slightly different format. The appropriate platform board will have players that can help you better.

That said, from my understanding of what the Switch players have said, you can only disable the XPs as a whole (they are listed as DLC, with Rise & Fall and Gathering Storm being listed separately), so you can't just have the civs but not the mechanics. You can set the disaster level though, so you can minimise or maybe even eliminate things like climate change. Things likes countable resources are only disabled by turning off the XP though, to my understanding.

Thanks for the quick reply!

Hi Everybody, got a quick question. Since we know GS has issues later in the game with the giant maps, I tried to create a game with "Rise and Fall" ruleset.
However, I can't find any of the new civilization in the list to select. I have all the DLCs but I can't find the new civs such as Mali, Ottoman, Inca, etc when I select "Rise and Fall" ruleset.

Is there any way I can include the new civs under rise and fall?

Hi Everybody, got a quick question. Since we know GS has issues later in the game with the giant maps, I tried to create a game with "Rise and Fall" ruleset.
However, I can't find any of the new civilization in the list to select. I have all the DLCs but I can't find the new civs such as Mali, Ottoman, Inca, etc when I select "Rise and Fall" ruleset.

Is there any way I can include the new civs under rise and fall?
Presumably, you've disabled GS. If so, my understanding is that you can only use the civs from an XP if that XP is enabled. You won’t be able to play as Mali, Ottomon, Inca etc because they are part of GS. You should be able to play as RS civs and Vanilla as well, though.

Does anyone know why I can't build a National Park here? I think all requirements are met.

Vertical diamond
All tiles are breathtaking
Built on a world wonder
No improvements on any tile

Does anyone know why I can't build a National Park here? I think all requirements are met.

Vertical diamond
All tiles are breathtaking
Built on a world wonder
No improvements on any tile
All tiles belong to same city? Can't see the picture, but usually the problem is this.
Or... "Built on a world wonder" - well, you can't do any improvement on a world wonder, national park included.

Top Bottom