1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Quick Questions and Answers

Quick Questions and Answers

1. Guynemer

Guynemer King

We won't know the exact details until the second pack is released.

Eagle Pursuit likes this.
  2. cain3456

cain3456 Prince

I thought they were supposed to be in the first pack

3. Loerwyn

Loerwyn Warlord

Nope, it was announced from the start they're coming with Ethiopia in July.

Quick question: Is there any way, via a mod I suspect, to block a resource for trade? It's annoying to get six trade screens for the SAME resource in one turn.

4. Guynemer

Guynemer King

Not exactly what you are looking for, but try this:

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1660056307

5. Steamed_

Steamed_ Chieftain

Hi guys, I'm new to this game and I'm running into a problem in my first game. I had an open borders agreement with an AI early game, and it seems to be never expiring. They now have this archer camped on a coal tile that I really need. Is there a way to close my borders? I've heard denouncing works but they've denounced me and nothing has changed.

6. Deadseasquirrel1

Deadseasquirrel1 Chieftain

Got a quick question about city radius vs empire boundaries and improvements. For example, an iron outside my city radius but within empire boundaries, I can mine, not have a citizen work the tile, and get the iron per turn. I can build a farm within city radius and *not* have a citizen work it and get the housing. However, if I build a Monastery outside my city radius, therefore not worked by a citizen, I do *not* get the housing. Am I seeing it wrong? *edit* If I build a windfarm outside the city radius but within borders, I get the power from it without it being worked by a citizen... just wondering why the housing for Monastery doesn't appear to work the same.

Last edited: May 22, 2020
  7. Sirsquier

Sirsquier Warlord

U.S.A. land of the free and home of the brave
    How long will the NFP be up for sale??

8. Zdarg

Zdarg Prince

It expired indeed. That's exactly why the archer is camped, he isn't allowed to move. If you make open borders again, he will probably walk away. (But you need to wait for denouncing to expire).

9. Loerwyn

Loerwyn Warlord

10. Steamed_

Steamed_ Chieftain

Hmm, but when I check the relationship status with them, "open borders" is still there on the "agreements" section.

11. tiamats4esgares

tiamats4esgares Warlord

Couple of bugs? The first one is I can't queue up multiple civics, only one at a time. If I click on a civic I can't yet research, just nothing happens. I can still queue up multiple techs though.

Also, you used to be able to send a delegate to civs the turn you meet them (then afterwards you can't because they hate you) but now they're rejecting my delegate even the first turn I meet them. If this is intentional, it's a HUGE nerf to the Mongols.

I'm playing as Maori in Apocalypse mode, if that matters. Small continents map, Deity, standard map size and standard speed.

Last edited by a moderator: May 24, 2020
  12. CrabHelmet

CrabHelmet King

Is there any way to get a notification (like an icon on the screen or something) when one of my Cities gets a new Citizen or acquires a new Tile? I hate missing it and finding out 5 turns later that a Citizen has been working something stupid.

13. Zdarg

Zdarg Prince

Could you post a savefile?

14. Steamed_

Steamed_ Chieftain

No it’s fine now, their troops just moved away after a few turns, might just be the AI pathfinding being wacky.

15. Francel

Francel Warlord

Question regarding trade routes: with a few exceptions (building a specific road or earning an envoy), I have generally set up trade routes based only on the yields shown. I have not given any thought to distance or the number of turns shown. So my question is should we consider distance too or only yields in choosing trade routes?

16. reddishrecue

reddishrecue Deity

Now with the Mayan gran columbia frontier pack out, is Palenque still a city state?

17. Francel

Francel Warlord

No, the name was changed.

18. Guynemer

Guynemer King

About 99% of the time, you want to do what you're already doing. The only times you want to give much thought to number of turns or distance is when you're trying to earn some era score for establishing a trade post in a new civ or for completing a route for Reform the Coinage.

19. Shibooyeah

Shibooyeah Chieftain

Was the diplomatic victory adjustment for the new frontier pass or was it a general update? My Mac got an update that day but I’m still seeing -3 victory point resolutions.

20. wesplaysciv

wesplaysciv Chieftain

Is there a simple / known formula for the gold cost to unlock policy changes in between civics?