1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Quick Questions and Answers

Quick Questions and Answers

1. tiamats4esgares

tiamats4esgares Warlord

Yeah, just dive straight into GS. You can't even play my favorite civ, the Maori, without it!

2. Linklite

Linklite Prince

Seems your bug happens to me now - seems to be a recent one.

3. topsecret

topsecret Believer

Yes, it's clearly a bug but incredibly overpowered. Makes Macedon even easier. :D

4. Linklite

Linklite Prince

Well, that's interesting - it's not happening anymore. Just the first couple of districts.

5. CrabHelmet

CrabHelmet King

Is there crossplay between the PC version on EGS and the Mac version on Steam?

6. SaboteurINT

SaboteurINT Chieftain

How does Kilwa Kisiwani give profits from being a suzerain of Militaristic City-States ?
    It does nothing in my game, even I am producing unit and I am a suzerain of 2 of those types of city states, nothing extra is added to production.

7. AlanC9

AlanC9 Chieftain

Can someone explain Protectorate War mechanics?The CB I get, but I'm not quite sure what to do with it. Here's the situation. My protected CS, Stockholm, is far away from my territory and is completely surrounded by Russia, who has attacked them. I can curb-stomp Russia if I want to. Is there any way to get Russia to make peace with Stockholm short of totally exterminating their military so they can't capture the city? I can get them to surrender lots of stuff to me, but I don't see anything about Stockholm on the screen. Or is peace with Stockholm implied in any peace deal?

Last edited: Jul 7, 2020
  8. Linklite

Linklite Prince

My unddrstanding is that peace between Stockholm and Russia will be automatic with yojr peace treaty with Russia.

9. Linklite

Linklite Prince

Noticed something odd. I was about to mount an amphibious invasion when a swordsman appeared on a patch of unclaimed land, the sound and appearance was as though he'd been bought, but the unit didn't belong to the Dutch, it belonged to Geneva. The Hague (a city with a large area, about 15 pop) was between this spot and Geneva, so it was quite a distance away from the parent city (perhaps I should make known that the dutch were the Suzerain of Geneva at this point).

Any thoughts on what was happening?

10. AlanC9

AlanC9 Chieftain

I played it out and you're right.

Some really odd WM behavior in that war. Russia and Kongo were in a defensive alliance, so I was at war with both of them. After knocking Rusia out of the war I turned on Kongo, and discovered that taking their cities yielded no WM score at all, even when I took all of them.

11. tiamats4esgares

tiamats4esgares Warlord

My understanding is that when a city state produces a unit, it doesn't show up in their city if it's occupied, but rather, shows up in the nearest unoccupied space that doesn't belong to someone else (suzerien or not). It was probably that tile.

And I believe city states behave completely different compared to a civ with how often they get buildings/units and expand territory.

12. GPounda

GPounda Chieftain

I am playing Gathering Storm, and have the Frontier Pass as well. . .

Is there a way to see all of your military units on a single screen (in game, or a mod?)

It would be nice to see how many of each type of unit you have, what needs to be updated, promotions, etc. . .

13. AriaLyric

AriaLyric Chieftain

If you click on a unit, and then on the unit banner in the bottom right of the screen you click on the unit's name, a drop-down list of all your units should appear, organized by type of unit. Though you'll have to click on each unit individually to see where they are, if they have promotions, etc.

14. Laurana Kanan

Laurana Kanan Don’t underestimate who I am.

The units tab on Infixo's Better Report Screen. Also, here on CFC.

GPounda and tedhebert like this.
  15. BlackWizard

BlackWizard King

Is chopping/harvesting affected by housing cap? Like if you are over your housing cap do you still get full food benefit and growth by harvesting?

Also if you have card that makes builder training 30% faster do you get 30% more yields from towards production of builder?

16. fiish

fiish Chieftain

I think the multiplier (0.5x, 0.25x) from the housing cap does apply to harvested food.

And yes, cards that add production towards specific things also add the same % towards chop yields, when chopping towards those things. So chopping out a builder gets your 30% more from that woods tile when you have Ilkum slotted in.

What I don't know is how it stacks with the yield bonus from Magnus.

17. Linklite

Linklite Prince

Two questions about the Governor Amani's ability "Emissary":
    1. Does it work if I put her in a City-State? I.e. will it start reducing the loyalty of surrounding cities?
    2. Also, does it affect Free Cities? I.e. will it cause them to flip (hopefully to me) faster, or does it just affect cities of an actual Civ?

18. JJOne

JJOne Prince

@Linklite both answers are yes.
    If you get a city state the AI loves near one of your colonies you will need to put a governor there in the late game, when almost all the AI chose this promotion.

Linklite likes this.
  19. ezzlar

ezzlar Emperor

Does capturing someones capital prevent them from winning a diplomatic victory?

20. EmJayLambert

EmJayLambert Chieftain

Prevent them? No. They can move their Capital and continue playing, earning Favour and voting.

Prevent you? No. But you lose 5 Favour per turn for each original capital you occupy so it may make it harder.