1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Quick Questions and Answers

Quick Questions and Answers

1. Linklite

Linklite Prince

I think it's just trying to setup this scenario.
    There are two GPs left in the game.
    1. Victoria grabs the penultimate GP. This means that Saladin should get the last GP.
    2. However, Catherine has her go next, and finishes building Stonegenge, which should,.in theory, give Catherine the final GP.
    3. Saladin has his go, which under normal conditions would give him the last GP due to his ability.
    I see three solutions.
    1. Saladin's ability kicks in after point 1, meaning Stonehenge doesn't give a GP.
    2. Saladin's ability kicks in at point 3, and creates an additional GP, exceeding the limit.
    3. Saladin's ability is blocked by Catherine's Stonehenge, negating it. He doesn't get a GP or religion.
    From your experience, I'd say 2, but until it happens...

2. JJOne

JJOne Prince

Is there a way to see what a city state is currently building? Like a mod or something?

3. The Civs 6

The Civs 6 Warlord

Does having 3 envoys with an industrial city state give +3 to workshops? Because usually when you have 3 envoys with other city states, and you hover over the respective building, it shows the yields as the final yields after adding the corresponding city state bonuses. But even if I have those +3 envoys for production states, it also seems like it says +3.

4. tiamats4esgares

tiamats4esgares Warlord

It ONLY gives +3 production towards buildings, districts, and wonders. So the workshop itself doesn't have a universal flat +3 to it...

Yeah, that should be obvious. Nothing happens at the same time, even with pvp simultaneous turns or whatever. And furthermore, it isnt the founding of the 4th religion that would trigger Arabia getting the GP, but rather, when the person who founded the 4th religion gets their GP.

In PvE game, turns are in order. Player 1 would chose to recruit the GP, then Arabia gets a GP, then Player 1 found a religion (or not, doesn't matter), then Player 2 finishes Stonehenge but does NOT get a GP.

In simultaneous turns, if Player 2 finished Stonehenge then they'd get a GP immediately and so would Arabia at the start of the turn and player 1 would never get the chance to recruit a GP.

5. The Civs 6

The Civs 6 Warlord

Oh thank you that makes a ton of sense now.

tiamats4esgares likes this.
  6. Linklite

Linklite Prince

My wife and I are playing hotseat, and she's set up trade routes, but none have come to renew the trade route. Some possibly pertinent info:
    1. Her first trade route was set up ostensibly for 14 turns.
    2. It was long time ago, although I'm not sure how long. It was before she'd researched the alliance civic (I'm Cleo and we wanted to take advantage of my alliance abilities, but she couldn't form an alliance for another 20 turns due to not having the civic yet, so she set it to 14 turns). I've now settled at least 5 cities (probably more) since then, most of which are now a decent size, and our alliance is maxed out, so it must have been ages.
    3. Couldn't tell you where the first trader went to, probably one of her own cities, most went to my cities.
    4. We're playing standard speed.
    5. She's Gilgamesh, I'm Cleopatra, there are also AI Shaka and Tamar.
    6. She's only Suzerain of Hong Kong.
    Any ideas if this is a bug or is there possibly something else happening? I can get more info on request if needed.

7. EmJayLambert

EmJayLambert Chieftain

It hasn't been pillaged has it?

You can check the status of your trade routes & any available capacity in a side menu somewhere...

8. lindsay40k

lindsay40k Emperor

Does -5 diplomatic capital penalty for capitals apply if the capital flips to you?

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 19, 2020
  9. King of Prussia

King of Prussia Warlord

10. Kupe Navigator

Kupe Navigator Prince

You know how you can now transfer saved data from PC to console like Switch? Well what happens to mods I have turned on PC? Since I can't have it on Switch?

11. tiamats4esgares

tiamats4esgares Warlord

You can't play a save file on Switch that is saved using mods you don't have on the Switch.

12. jsurpless

jsurpless Warlord

So I was building a Monument (3 turns left - 36/60 production).

Joined Voidsingers and I discovered that my city was no longer building the Monument and it appears that the production accumulated had been lost.

Anyone else noticed this? I wonder if it applies to the other buildings as well?

I know Anton mentioned that existing buildings were upgraded but this seems weird

13. playshogi

playshogi Emperor

Don't join the Voidsingers if you are building monuments. Only join when monuments you are building finish. As long as Firaxians are working from home, they really should hire competent playtesters.

14. Linklite

Linklite Prince

When you do the Future Tech, it gives you +5% towards district projects.
    Is this stackable? So if I do it twice, I get ~110%?
    Or does it just renew the effect?

15. fox456

fox456 Warlord

One of the beliefs of my religion is Jesuit Education. I have been able to buy Theater Square buildings with faith. All of a sudden, I can't buy them anymore. In addition, only one of my 15 cities will allow me to buy military units. I can buy a naturalist and religious units.

My government is Theocracy. Am I missing something that causes the ability to buy things with faith disappear?

16. wesplaysciv

wesplaysciv Chieftain

Last edited: Jul 25, 2020
  17. fox456

fox456 Warlord

@wesplaysciv

Yes... you are correct. Thank you for that information. I hope the bug gets fixed soon.

Regarding the Chapel, I am only playing vanilla Civ VI.

wesplaysciv likes this.
  18. Linklite

Linklite Prince

19. Seatrout

Seatrout Chieftain

I'm probably missing the obvious... But I'm playing a game where Stonehenge has been built but no one have reached 60 GP (highest is 51) and still there are two religions founded. Is there any other way to get a religion besides Stonehenge?
    Playing Frontier pass without any game modes.
    DL Emperor
    Six civs on small map (France, Germany, Hungary, Poland, Russia and England).
    /Seatrout

20. EmJayLambert

EmJayLambert Chieftain

Once someone has receuited a GP their GP points will reset to zero.