Their GP points will reset to zero when they recruit the great prophet. It's also possible to use faith or gold to instantly purchase a prophet even if you're not quite there on GP points.
Thanks for the replies everyone! There's only one civ strongly going for a religion (51/60 GP). Everyone else have 0-6 GPs. So I guess one of the latter built Stonehenge and the first one bought with faith/gold. Still learning after 15 years. :mischief:
/Seatrout

World congress district culture bomb doesn't seem to give tiles in the fourth ring. Is this how it is supposed to work?

I can only purchase units in a single city with faith, and I don't see why I can't buy them in all my cities. Unsure if I'm not understanding a game mechanic or my game is bugged. I have a very ample supply of faith points (13000+) and have also built the Grand Master's Chapel. There is no active world session prohibition against purchasing with faith. What gives?

I'm currently playing as Russia in a MP game that was just restarted today. I swear I could buy units in all my cities in the previous session. Any help is appreciated.

There's a known bug in the recent update that stops the Grand master's chapel working. As I understood it though the bug only effects games begun before the update, so new games shouldn't have this issue. As far as I know the only work around would be to switch to the pre-update version of Civ 6

There's a known bug in the recent update that stops the Grand master's chapel working. As I understood it though the bug only effects games begun before the update, so new games shouldn't have this issue. As far as I know the only work around would be to switch to the pre-update version of Civ 6

Gotcha, thanks for the quick reply

Which apostle promotion works better against established religions in big cities - proselytizer with 75% removal of others, or translator with triple strength? Or a simple +number of casts, like the one with the natural wonder?

I was just in my first Dido game and Mongolia took Sweden's capital pretty early but by loyalty pressure. I was aiming for a diplomatic win but I was curious what would happen if I took it while it was still a Free City and that it was a coastal city. I had read that Dido's passive works on conquered coastal cities. So to satisfy my ambition I saved and then took it and kept it but her passive didn't work and the city was still vulnerable to pressure. I reloaded due to the diplomatic penalty of keeping a capital but I'm curious now if this was just because it's a capital city or if the guide I read was wrong and her passive doesn't work on captured cities. I don't plan on playing her again soon so I was curious for future reference. Thanks in advance for any clarification.

How is this possible?

Spoiler No mods and yet CS has Roman UU? :

Which apostle promotion works better against established religions in big cities - proselytizer with 75% removal of others, or translator with triple strength? Or a simple +number of casts, like the one with the natural wonder?

Assuming you're spreading to a foreign city, translator will be better than the increased number of charges. The most you can do is double the number of casts on an apostle (+3 from the natural wonder trait, and you only have the base 3 charges due to having no other upgrades). Translator effectively gets you triple the effect from each charge, and benefits from any other increase the number of charges your apostles have.

Proselytizer's removal of religious pressure gets complicated, especially if there are multiple other religions in the city. Unfortunately the game doesn't really display the information needed to tell what the current religious pressure is, and so whether this is a good choice. Translator is certainly more reliable, even if there might be the odd occasion it's less effective.

Didn't want to buy Galilei early because I wanted to get Newton, I was the GS leader. But well, all three renaissance GS got recruited on the same turn, and now I am the GS leader for Darwin... How is it possible that all three of them decided to buy a GS on the same exact turn?!
upload_2020-7-28_20-48-33.png

Hey! :) Very general question, but it had never before been relevant until my current game:

-if I continue playing after winning ("one more turn"), can I still get achievements after I've already won the round?

(Reason: it looks like I'll get an automatic Culture Win way before the Atomic Era in my current game, since I'm trying Voidsingers for the first time and I'm drowning in Relics while the AIs are all pitiful culturally... but I do want that achievement for reaching the Atomic Era with the 'singers...:crazyeye:)

Hey! :) Very general question, but it had never before been relevant until my current game:

-if I continue playing after winning ("one more turn"), can I still get achievements after I've already won the round?

(Reason: it looks like I'll get an automatic Culture Win way before the Atomic Era in my current game, since I'm trying Voidsingers for the first time and I'm drowning in Relics while the AIs are all pitiful culturally... but I do want that achievement for reaching the Atomic Era with the 'singers...:crazyeye:)

Yes you can.

When forming corps with 2 units, 1 made in an encampment with +% experience gain, one made in a non encampment city, does the unit keep the exp bonus?
Also what happens when you form corps with a barracks-only unit and a barracks+armory unit, does the corps get the barracks+armory exp bonus or only barracks or none?

When forming corps with 2 units, 1 made in an encampment with +% experience gain, one made in a non encampment city, does the unit keep the exp bonus?
Keeps the bonus.
Also what happens when you form corps with a barracks-only unit and a barracks+armory unit, does the corps get the barracks+armory exp bonus or only barracks or none?
Get both bonuses.

Hello there fanatics. I recently played a fun map, but I'd like to retry with a different secret society. So I tried to input the map and seed number in the game setup. Also, I'm pretty sure the other settings are the same too. Problem is, the map is completely different. I've checked and rechecked the numbers. Any idea what could be going wrong? Thank you!

Awesome, thanks! :goodjob: Good to know.

(Guess that means hundreds of boring, pointless turns to click through...:undecide: ...four times.... for all four achievements.:o)

Start a game in the atomic era, make contact with all 4 societies and save the game. You can join and max out every society with this save now.

Top Bottom