Do improvements that provide tourism (kampung, moai, etc) need to be worked to give their tourism bonus?
No (as previously stated) but they do have to be within the first three rings of a city. One trap, if you have a super powerful capital, is that sometimes the capital will claim tiles outside of its third ring that should belong to another city. If this happens, just swap the tiles in the citizen manager view.

Last edited by a moderator:
So just now my scout was exploring and I saw Russia's Great Prophet. Outside his borders, no defenders. I moved to be on top of it just to see what would happen and got the warning that this would cause a war. This made me believe I could, in fact, deprive Russia of their Great Prophet and set them back considerably on founding their religion which would be GREAT considering how annoying Peter is with his incessant attempts to convert everyone once he's founded his religion! Totally worth a war! LOL So when I moved my Scout onto the tile with the Prophet the Prophet simply disappeared, Peter declared war on me. Great! But NO. Because the very NEXT turn Russia founds its religion anyway! What happened? And if you CANNOT take a Great Prophet away from someone then why on earth does attempting to do so start a war???

Last edited:
So just now my scout was exploring and I saw Russia's Great Prophet. Outside his borders, no defenders. I moved to be on top of it just to see what would happen and got the warning that this would cause a war. This made me believe I could, in fact, deprive Russia of their Great Prophet and set them back considerably on founding their religion which would be GREAT considering how annoyong Peter is with his incessant attempts to convert everyone once he's founded his religion! Totally worth a war! LOL So when I moved my Scout onto the tile with the Prophet the Prophet simply disappeared, Peter declared war on me. Great! But NO. Because the very NEXT turn Russia founds its religion anyway! What happened? And if you CANNOT take a Great Prophet away from someone then why one earth does attempting to do so start a war???

Great Persons in Civ VI won't die. They will be teleported to nearest city if they got attacked.

The only way you eliminate a Great Person is to wipe out that civ. Even in that case another Great Prophet will be available for other civs, thus not reducing the total number of religions.

Is it part of the program code that Scotland starts near tundra or generally always gets crappy start positions? Today I reloaded about six or seven times and always started in tundra although all the terrain options were set to "standard".
The only ones with starting bias related to Tundra are Canada (Tier 1) and Russia (Tier 2).

Well then moving over one shouldn't start a war! LOL
Great Persons in Civ VI won't die. They will be teleported to nearest city if they got attacked.

The only way you eliminate a Great Person is to wipe out that civ. Even in that case another Great Prophet will be available for other civs, thus not reducing the total number of religions.

Two quick questions, namely

1. I know that military unit cannot kill rock band. How about naturalist? Are they also moved to nearest city if an enemy unit step on them?

2. How much does it cost to repair a pillaged district? Has the cost changed? I recall it used to be very slow to repair district but people don't complain about it any more and it seems like repairing is a lot faster. How is the cost computed? Is it like 1/4 of the building cost of that district? (seems like the case when you repair monuments.)

Two quick questions, namely

1. I know that military unit cannot kill rock band. How about naturalist? Are they also moved to nearest city if an enemy unit step on them?

2. How much does it cost to repair a pillaged district? Has the cost changed? I recall it used to be very slow to repair district but people don't complain about it any more and it seems like repairing is a lot faster. How is the cost computed? Is it like 1/4 of the building cost of that district? (seems like the case when you repair monuments.)
  1. I've not tried it, but I'm pretty sure you can't kill them.
  2. I don't know the maths, but it's not too bad now. Whenever a district has been damaged, it's only taken a few turns to repair, usually less than 5 but I've not had it go into double figures in a long time.
Not the most detailed answer and hopefully someone more knowledgable than me will answer, but maybe this answer will serve until they do.

They retreat to the nearest city.
25% of the district cost. There was a bug that was causing the repair cost to be 100% of the production cost, but was patched out in the Sept. '19 update.

I'm confused on counter spying. I put a counterspy on my spaceport but I still have it sabotaged and when it's sabotaged I get a message saying my spy was successful in preventing the sabotage. Sometimes it even asks me to promote him. So what exactly is he doing?

I have an alliance with everyone, but I can't see their spies in my cities. I know they are spying on me because of the notifications. A while ago I used to be able to see those spies and now I can't, was there a change that you can't see opposing spies of civs you're allied with in your cities anymore?

I have an alliance with everyone, but I can't see their spies in my cities. I know they are spying on me because of the notifications. A while ago I used to be able to see those spies and now I can't, was there a change that you can't see opposing spies of civs you're allied with in your cities anymore?
It's not a change. Learn about diplomatic visibility. You can only see their spy if you obtain "Top Secret" diplomatic visibility. Alliance + Printing get you 2 levels of that, adding an embassy and a trade route will get you "Top Secret".

25% of the district cost. There was a bug that was causing the repair cost to be 100% of the production cost, but was patched out in the Sept. '19 update.
So if you conquer a city with a pillaged UD that got to converted to a regular district, how much does it cost to repair? And conversely if you have a UD and you conquered a city with a pillaged regular district, does it matter? Still cost 1/4 of the cost when it was built?

Another dumb question, can I participate/initiate an emergency if the target is my ally? Somehow I thought I can, but there are sources says otherwise (it says if I'm ally or friend with the target then I can only participate in betrayal emergency against the target). Can anyone confirm this?

Another dumb question, can I participate/initiate an emergency if the target is my ally? Somehow I thought I can, but there are sources says otherwise (it says if I'm ally or friend with the target then I can only participate in betrayal emergency against the target). Can anyone confirm this?
no you cannot

Top Bottom