1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Quick Questions and Answers

Quick Questions and Answers

1. KaptainK714

KaptainK714 Warlord

I recently had to restore my PC and re-installed Civ6. i am missing the key binding option for Capital- usually 'k'. did i miss an update?

2. Bojmir

Bojmir Chieftain

I feel foolish that I can't figure this out but I guess I have to just ask. Yesterday I was helping liberate a captured capital. Due to poor terrain, I had to have a single strong siege unit on the other side of a mountain range with a balloon to attack. To guard this unit, I had 2 of the final heavy cavalry units (the super tanks). They were just hanging out in case but they were damaged so I put them on Fortify Until Healed. But then after a couple turns I realized neither of them were healing at all. I went and double checked they were on this stance. What penalty would be causing them to not heal?

3. Zdarg

Zdarg Prince

No oil?

4. JJOne

JJOne Prince

How do I remove a national park? I sort of discovered oil under it. :D

5. Linklite

Linklite Warlord

You can't as far as I can tell. Corrections welcome, but once it's built, it's built.

I've just though of a way, not sure it's worth it though. Lose the city that owns it (through trading, loyalty, or otherwise), then capture it and raze the city. In theory, the NP can't exist outside of city limits, and might disappear.

Whether it's worth the hassle over 3 oil per turn, is another question...

6. RawlsRorty

RawlsRorty Chieftain

I started a new game as Ethiopia and chose the Voidsingers. I got the first two abilities fine. But the world is currently in the Industrial Era (I'm personally in the Atomic Era) and I can't recruit cultists. Am I doing something wrong or is this a bug?

7. monikernemo

monikernemo Warlord

you need to promote your SS govenor....

8. RawlsRorty

RawlsRorty Chieftain

9. tiamats4esgares

tiamats4esgares Warlord

I'm confident that works. Razing a city gets rid of EVERYTHING in the city's borders except, if I'm not mistaken, a road remains in the city center (but not even a road remaining in districts, or even elsewhere, though maybe a road remains if it stays an active trade route for 2 other cities).

10. nelvanna

nelvanna Chieftain

quick ( and my first) question - can you appease the gods by hurling a vampire into a volcano? and if so does it work? does the vamp respawn as normal? :)

11. iammaxhailme

iammaxhailme Emperor

If vampire castles "absorb" culture from an adjacent tile, will they get tourism from flight?

edit: Sorry, I forgot the quick q&a thread was there. I guess this question should be in there

Anyway, I did some testing, it seems like the answer is no. Built some vampire castles next to Mapuche Chemamulls, culture per turn went up, but tourism didn't (and I waited until next turn to make sure).

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 7, 2020
  12. JesseS

JesseS Warlord

You can do it for points, but you permanently lose the vampire.

13. hhhhhh

hhhhhh Prince

How does the RNG work for combat when both units are capable of killing each other?

I have a 50 HP unit next to an enemy's 10 HP unit, but his unit will have a +19 combat strength against mine. So if it hits mine, the expectation of damage is 64, and the expectation of counter damage is 14. How does the RNG work in this case? I've seen it worked in favor of either side.

14. acluewithout

acluewithout Deity

In fairness, who in their right mind would want to holiday at a Vampire Castle?

No, wait...

Spoiler :
    upload_2020-8-7_14-47-2.jpeg

Never mind.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 7, 2020
    tedhebert and Deadly Dog like this.
  15. Galvatron

Galvatron Warlord

If it's like other improvements it will. Make sure you refreshed the tourism calculation before deciding btw.

16. Kibikus

Kibikus Warlord

Aren't the yields from the castle sent directly to your capital, rather than staying on the tile itself?

Myomoto likes this.
  17. Deadly Dog

Deadly Dog Warlord

Yeah I doubt they add tourism they are not a workable tile and the yields are automatic. But in the city screeen the yields show up lumped in with all "worked tiles". I'm sure I have a saved game where I can check that, though.

18. Myomoto

Myomoto Prince

Ah, this probably explains why it doesn't work. You're not working the castle (you cannot, in fact), its yields are just sent to the capital automatically.

19. nzcamel

nzcamel Nahtanoj the Magnificent

Starts on "C" I think; if that helps...

20. EmJayLambert

EmJayLambert Chieftain

Also, I think I've seen it stated a few times that yields from Vamp Castles are fixed at the time of building. You can tear them down and build again to get updated yields.
    I think. I've not tried it but am into a Vamp game now myself.