1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Quick Questions and Answers

Quick Questions and Answers

1. Time Tested

Time Tested Chieftain

For Reyna's bonus to "unimproved features", what is considered a feature? Is this only an unimproved strategic/bonus/luxury resource, or literally any tile without an improvement/district/wonder on it?

Knightfall likes this.
  2. Buktu

Buktu Warlord

A tile has a base terrain and it can have a resource and a feature.Those are all different things. As the text for the promotion says it counts for unimproved features. Features are things like marsh and woods. You can learn more about terrain and features here.

3. ioneron

ioneron Chieftain

Hi, sorry to unborrow this post but I have a different matter. I don't own coal or aluminium (didn't built mine on the ressource) but when I look in my ressources resume, I can see that I have some as "game bonus" I looked but none of the city-state give me this so I can't find from where this strategical ressources come from.
    PS : to find a ressource the search engine help a lot, just type the ressource you are looking for and it will display the one found !

Attached Files:

Knightfall likes this.
  4. Time Tested

Time Tested Chieftain

Did you recruit either Yi Sun-Sin or Franz von Hipper as a Great Admiral and retire them for their respective naval unit? They each provide +1 coal per turn to support the unit, but I've never looked how that shows up in the resources screen.

Knightfall likes this.
  5. Buktu

Buktu Warlord

His game looks like vanilla where the admirals did not provide coal. So my best guess is a suzerainty of Hattusa.

Knightfall likes this.
  6. Time Tested

Time Tested Chieftain

Do AI civs just auto-raze any city they capture now?

Knightfall likes this.
  7. Ticio

Ticio Prince

Hi! I have new question!

Does civs bonuses are affected by game speed?

For example, Egypt has 15% production when it building next to a river, so if prices escalate, they compensate for it.

But at the same time, Cleopatra gains a +4 gold when intercontinental trade or +2 gold when receiving trade routes.

The +4 gold is static but the % is not, I'm correct? so if I play Egypt with a fast speed, The +4 gold bonus is better but turns "trashy" if we play on the lowest speed. The 15% bonus is always the same as it affects the quantity of production, so if I need to pay for a building I have to wait nothing on fast speed but a lot on low speed.

For example;

-fast speed:4 gold/turn to reach 10 gold = 3 turns
    - Low speed: 4 gold/turn to reach 1000 gold= 25 turns

This means that the game speed could affect a lot a civ depending on their bonuses?

Knightfall likes this.
  8. Francel

Francel Warlord

Question about neighborhoods: If appeal changes, does the housing also change? For example, can I make a breathtaking neighborhood, then lower the appeal with adjacent mines or IZ etc, and keep same housing? Alternatively, can a charming neighborhood gain housing after building eiffel tower and becoming breathtaking?

Knightfall likes this.
  9. Ticio

Ticio Prince

Since the last update, the AI is razing city states... they never conquer the cities, only raze them all the time and is quite irritating.. even if the city has good tiles the AI never conquer them.

Is something wrong, working as intended or is only happening in my game?

Thank you!

Last edited: Nov 20, 2020
    Knightfall likes this.
  10. Makavcio

Makavcio Prince

@Ticio
    I believe it's a bug because it's nonsensical. I've never seen an AI razing a city state before the latest patch, and now it's all they do.

Civ6 seems to be in end-of-life stage. Exploits and bugs are aplenty. Devs don't even pretend to try to balance the game. We'll have to get used to such shenanigans until Civ7, I guess. This whole New Frontier pass looks like a huge testing ground for crazy ideas for the future. I'd lie if I said it's not enjoyable, but it's not exactly what I expect from a strategic game.

11. Carazycool

Carazycool Warlord

yes. If the appeal of a tile changes, so does the housing of a neighborhood on that tile.

Knightfall likes this.
  12. iammaxhailme

iammaxhailme Emperor

I'm not sure if you meant "it's ALL they do" literally or were using hyperbole, but in my current game, Nubia conquered Auckland but didn't burn it down.

Knightfall likes this.
  13. Ticio

Ticio Prince

In my game it depends, but 3 city states were razed. I was suzerain of 2, so maybe it has something to do with the razing.

Last edited: Nov 24, 2020
    Knightfall likes this.
  14. Tuvok694

Tuvok694 Civ6 addict

Playing as Hungary right now and I have just built my THIRD vampire castle although my vampires did not yet have "indoctrination". Shouldn't I be able to build only two castles?

Knightfall likes this.
  15. Tuvok694

Tuvok694 Civ6 addict

After indoctrination I could build one more castle, and I still haven't figured out why this is possible. I mean, I like it because my capital has insane food and production but I really wonder if this is a bug or if I have forgotten some game rule here?

Knightfall likes this.
  16. The Civs 6

The Civs 6 Prince

Try this - each vampire has one charge of building a castle. So you have to click the right vampire to be able to build one. The extra promotion just adds a "global" charge.

Knightfall likes this.
  17. Luthor_Saxburg

Luthor_Saxburg Vassal of Civilization

SO... I have finally decided to try Civ VI ! :woohoo:

I got the PLatinium Edition with all this items:
    • Sid Meier's Civilization VI
    • Rise and Fall Expansion
    • Gathering Storm Expansion
    • Vikings Scenario Pack
    • Poland Civilization & Scenario Pack
    • Australia Civilization & Scenario Pack
    • Persia and Macedon Civilization & Scenario Pack
    • Nubia Civilization & Scenario Pack
    • Khmer and Indonesia Civilization & Scenario Pack

My question is... what is the recommended order? Should I just skip some (like Vanilla) or not? What do you recommend?

18. Buktu

Buktu Warlord

I would just play with everything. It's personal preference though. I don't like to learn something just to have to relearn it in the next game because things changed with the expansions (e.g. strategic resources). So I might invest more time in my first games and look stuff up while I play.

Luthor_Saxburg and Knightfall like this.
  19. Linklite

Linklite Prince

You might as well keep the scenario packs on, all they do is add on scenarios (no loss) and Civs. Unless you want to stop a specific Civ from being in the game, there's just no reason to not have them enabled.

As for the two expansion packs, I guess it depends on your familiarity with the Civ series. If you've played it before and you are familiar with it, I'd jump right in. If this is your first time, I found Civ a bit overwhelming and the slightly simpler rule sets may make it easier. More importantly in my opinion, you don't have the pressure of trying to get enough score in each era to stop even more problems (Rise & Fall introduce "eras" where you have to gain a threshold score and you are rewarded or punished accordingly).

It's not a massive step up from vanilla to the XPs, but it may be worth bearing in mind. So those are my two recommendations:
    • Always have scenario packs turned on, unless you have a specific reason to turn them off.
    • Consider maybe not using the XPs if you are not familiar with the series so you can adapt, but even if you decide to go whole hog, it's not going to be impossible to learn.

Luthor_Saxburg and Knightfall like this.
  20. Tuvok694

Tuvok694 Civ6 addict

As I wrote above, I was able to build one MORE vampire castle than the game rules would allow. Still no explanation for this.

Knightfall likes this.