In which folder do you have to put the maps you download ?

I built the pink building but cannot build the further buildings (the halls and so on,). Usually I do not have any problem. Is is a bug or what ?

I built the pink building but cannot build the further buildings (the halls and so on,). Usually I do not have any problem. Is is a bug or what ?
From what I remember, the first building is unlocked after political philosophy?

You need a T1 Gouvernment to unlock build these buildings. Also a T2 Gouvernment for the T2 buildings and T3 for T3.

You need a T1 Gouvernment to unlock build these buildings. Also a T2 Gouvernment for the T2 buildings and T3 for T3.
That'll be why I couldn't remember the civic. Still, I was right, from a certain point of view.

I don't build canals often and I but my guess is its either a hills tile (I have never played in strategic view and have no clue how hills look there) or you are getting blocked because you are building the Panama Canal. This wonder constructs normal canals on completion and maybe these kind of block other canals similar to how a placed but not finished dam blocks the placement of another dam in the city.

The Panama Canal was the issue - once that was done, I was able to build a canal in the marked spot with no other changes.

Do you need to have the majority of your citizen converted to a religion to build a missionary ? I already have the first building.

Do you need to have the majority of your citizen converted to a religion to build a missionary ? I already have the first building.

The city where you have the shrine needs to have a religion to buy a missionary. So in this city at least 50% of citizens need to follow a religion.

Is there anything that would stop the Bodyguard of Lies dedication from working (e.g. a defense against it)? Or am I running into a possible bug?

For the fourth, does it work with renewing old trade routes ? Or is it for new trade cart built only ? In the first case, it is very easy to get many points.

There are two +10 bonus for this defensive position and I do not understand where they come from. One is from garrison (I thought it was only a +4 for a fortified unit why is it +10 ?) And one other +10 is for district. I have check in civiclopedia and it does not mention a defensive bonus for campment, military school or armorer.

To summarize it was very easy to conquer cities previously while they had medieval walls and now it reads major defeat. I have a ram next to the walls, a siege tower and a general.

Last edited:
For the fourth, does it work with renewing old trade routes ? Or is it for new trade cart built only ? In the first case, it is very easy to get many points.
Yes, it works for renewals, in fact, the era score is awarded as soon as any TR completes, even if it had started before this dedication has been selected. What is important, how many trade routes will complete within this era.
Unfortunately, the game's UI offers you no way whatsoever to know this number. It does not tell you, how many turns any trade route has remaining until completion, and you haven't got the slightest idea, how many turns a new one will run, if you do not know the mechanics (which the game, again, does not tell you much about) and do the tile counting yourself.
And no, it is not so easy. With such unhelpful UI you can start many long term trade routes that will not complete before the era ends.

There are two +10 bonus for this defensive position and I do not understand where they come from. One is from garrison (I thought it was only a +4 for a fortified unit why is it +10 ?) And one other +10 is for district. I have check in civiclopedia and it does not mention a defensive bonus for campment, military school or armorer.
To summarize it was very easy to conquer cities previously while they had medieval walls and now it reads major defeat. I have a ram next to the walls and a siege tower.
+10 is from garrisoned unit, when a unit enters a city, it stops being a unit in the field, it becomes one with the city garrison for the city defense purposes and increases its combat strenght.
+10 from districs also seems to check out: each specialty district adds +2 CS, and Valencia seems to have 5 of them: harbour, industrial zone, encampment, holy site and campus.

If you pillage this districts, does the defensive bonus disappear ?

Still have defense of walls +6 while I have a siege tower and it is not renaissance walls. Normal ?

Yes, but you have to make sure that you pillage the district itself. If there are buildings inside those get pillaged first so perhaps you must pillage more than once.

Still have defense of walls +6 while I have a siege tower and it is not renaissance walls. Normal ?

Yes, that's correct. The battering ram helps you to deal full damage to the walls but doesn't cancel its defence bonus. Similar the tower allows you to igonre the walls and directly attack the cities health pool but the extra combat strength is still there.

Yes, if you pillage a specialty district to the ground, its +2 CS bonus goes away.

The city still has some walls (blue bar). Siege units do not make wall defences go away, they only offer attack bonuses. The siege tower allows your melee units attack city garrison directly, if it has Medieval walls, and that's what is reflected in the combat preview. Move the tower away and see how the preview will change - the estimated damage should be much less.

Edit: ninja'd :)

I have the impression that you can not exchange tiles with occupied cities. Am I right ?
Yes you are. Until war is done and peace is signed, no tile swapping in occupied cities.
It was possible before, but then, with some patch, they made it not possible anymore. Not a good change, if you ask me.

For Reyna's bonus to "unimproved features", what is considered a feature? Is this only an unimproved strategic/bonus/luxury resource, or literally any tile without an improvement/district/wonder on it?

A tile has a base terrain and it can have a resource and a feature.Those are all different things. As the text for the promotion says it counts for unimproved features. Features are things like marsh and woods. You can learn more about terrain and features here.

Hi, sorry to unborrow this post but I have a different matter. I don't own coal or aluminium (didn't built mine on the ressource) but when I look in my ressources resume, I can see that I have some as "game bonus" I looked but none of the city-state give me this so I can't find from where this strategical ressources come from.
PS : to find a ressource the search engine help a lot, just type the ressource you are looking for and it will display the one found !

Attachments

• Civ 6 ressource.PNG
    Civ 6 ressource.PNG
    1.6 MB · Views: 48
Top Bottom