If anyone came across already: do Zombies deal full damage to city walls (in Zombie Defence Mode)? As seen from the livestream, that's what it looks like.

If anyone came across already: do Zombies deal full damage to city walls (in Zombie Defence Mode)? As seen from the livestream, that's what it looks like.
There isn't anything in the files to suggest it, unless it's an inherent property of the 'CLASS_ZOMBIE' tag.

Can you please check in the files whether the World Congress resolution "Mercenary Companies" concerns only land military units, or naval as well?
It doesn't specify either. The effect used is "EFFECT_ADJUST_PLAYER_BUFF_UNIT_PRODUCTION_YIELD". The modifiers that use that effect do not have any requirement sets so I assume it's hardcoded to all military units. There was a bug with it at one time, that is allegedy fixed now, but I've never verified myself.

It doesn't specify either. The effect used is "EFFECT_ADJUST_PLAYER_BUFF_UNIT_PRODUCTION_YIELD". The modifiers that use that effect do not have any requirement sets so I assume it's hardcoded to all military units. There was a bug with it at one time, that is allegedy fixed now, but I've never verified myself.
Thank you very much for the answers!

Can you use each campus for Great Scince activation only once ? I got Great Scientits but cannot activate him anywhere
You can use a campus multiple times for activation. However, some great scientists are activated at other places, like mountains, natural wonders, or even theater squares with archeological museums.

You can use a campus multiple times for activation. However, some great scientists are activated at other places, like mountains, natural wonders, or even theater squares with archeological museums.
yeah it was great scientist who needs to be activated in opponent's territory :)

One more question, can you ask for open borders, position your units around opponent city and declare surprise war after that ?
Because if I rememeber correctly in Civ V your units got teleported into your territory if you did that.

I rarely play secret societies and always chose hermits or owls. I thought I would try vampires against zombies, but sadly soon discovered barbarians cap at 10. Anyway, regarding vampire castles, I realize that the yields don't increase when the yields on adjacent tiles increase. I want to update the castles to get the highest yield. Here are my questions -

1) Can I remove and replace the vampire castle ad infinatum?

2) If not, when do vampires gain new charges to remove and replace?

3) If I remove and replace a vampire castle, does that mean I will be able to build 1 less total than the maximum of 4?

Basically, I want 4 castles with the highest possible yields at the end of the day.

Thank you so much! Can't believe I don't know this already...

I rarely play secret societies and always chose hermits or owls. I thought I would try vampires against zombies, but sadly soon discovered barbarians cap at 10. Anyway, regarding vampire castles, I realize that the yields don't increase when the yields on adjacent tiles increase. I want to update the castles to get the highest yield. Here are my questions -

1) Can I remove and replace the vampire castle ad infinatum?

2) If not, when do vampires gain new charges to remove and replace?

3) If I remove and replace a vampire castle, does that mean I will be able to build 1 less total than the maximum of 4?

Basically, I want 4 castles with the highest possible yields at the end of the day.

Thank you so much! Can't believe I don't know this already...
Yes, you can remove and replace the vampire castle ad infinitum. However, if the vampire has no charges, you must use a builder or military engineers to remove the castle. Once the castle is removed, the charge is returned. Once you put the castle, the wields are fixed. I used to remove and replace the castle, if I got more wields later on, like the mines gaining productivity.

Regarding vampire castles, I removed and replaced the castle as discussed above. My understanding that the yields of surrounding tiles are doubled and added to the capital. As you can see in the picture, the yields of surrounding tiles are not doubled (for example, there should be 8 science and 12 culture). What am I doing wrong, or do we not see the doubled yields? Thank you!!

Regarding vampire castles, I removed and replaced the castle as discussed above. My understanding that the yields of surrounding tiles are doubled and added to the capital. As you can see in the picture, the yields of surrounding tiles are not doubled (for example, there should be 8 science and 12 culture). What am I doing wrong, or do we not see the doubled yields? Thank you!!
The wields are always added to the capital, even if the castle is outside your territory.

I only have the Civ 6 base game with no DLC except the free Aztecs. If I buy a key for the Platinum edition, will it activate on Steam over the top of what I have or will it fail because I already own part of it? (Platinum just went on sale at gamersgate.com for $35) GS and R&F are on sale also for $10 each, but all the leader and scenario packs are full price if you buy them separately and I don't think they're worth that. I'm putting my shopping list together, and will make sure to actually submit it this time before the sale ends :)

Can you somehow setup Campus Research Grants and similiar projects to repeat so you dont have to start them again every 3 turns or so ?

Last edited:
Can you somehow setup Campus Research Grants and similiar projects to repeat so you dont have to start them again every 3 turns or so ?
Are you not queueing them? Under "Production" there's the "queue" icon. You click that, and you can click up to 8 items to stand in line - city projects included.

Last edited:

I use this mod: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1505351262

Is there an option to watch opponents take their turns? Previous iterations had this built in (and not sure there was a way to turn it off), and it helped at least a little bit with understanding what was going on in the world.

Top Bottom