1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Quick Questions and Answers

Quick Questions and Answers

1. md4

md4 Warlord

Yes that does seem to be the case. I didn't realise at first that Gathering Storm wasn't a separate DLC but includes all of Rise & Fall as well.

2. Linklite

Linklite King

It doesn't include all of it, just the mechanics and rules. It doesn't include thr civs/leaders, wonders, etc.

3. 5MeO

5MeO Chieftain

Hi everybody. First post! So be gentle :) A question about the Temple of Artemis wonder. I've attached a screenshot (hopefully). In it you can see that I get 3 amenities from improvements in the ToA city, but as I understand, I should get 5 or 6 amenities from the improvements circled in red (5 OR 6 because I'm not sure if the one in the Ayuthaya city-states, of which I'm suzerain, should count). So how come I'm only getting 3 from improvements?

upload_2021-3-3_22-12-36.png

4. Duke William of Normandy

Duke William of Normandy King of England & Unofficial Welcoming Committee

Welcome to. the forums, friend! :D The reason you're only getting +3 Amenities is because the Improvements must be within the City's territory.

5. Laurana Kanan

Laurana Kanan Don’t underestimate who I am. Moderator

You forgot to circle the Horse pasture to the NW of the Encampment. Including that, the Cattle Pasture and the Truffle Camp, it would give you the 3 amenities from improvements. As Duke stated above the amenities are attached to the improvement, not the city that owns the ToA. So the other improvements you circled will provide amenities to the cities that own those tiles respectively.

6. 5MeO

5MeO Chieftain

Thank you both. It all make sense now that I know that the ToA only get amenities from improvements in its city (and that I forgot to take the horses into consideration). I guess it would be too powerful if it worked the way I thought it did...

7. Linklite

Linklite King

It's not that it's only giving amenities to the city it's built in.

The improvements are all giving amenities, regardless of where they are built. It's just that they are giving them to the city in which they are respectively built. So Tadmekka is getting three because it has three improvements. Gao is hard to tell because of borders, but will be getting at least one, etc.

I'm curious about the CS, whether other Civs etc can benefit if it's built on the border.

8. 5MeO

5MeO Chieftain

@Linklite: If you're talking about the basic amenities coming from luxury resources, I know that they go into a pool that the game distributes among cities. But my question was about the extra amenities that ToA gets from pasture, camps and plantations. Are you saying that ToA get extra amenities from improvements out of the city in which it is built?

9. Linklite

Linklite King

Yes, that's what Laurana said. That cotton just to the south east of Gao should still be providing amenities, but it should be registered as coming from Gao not Tadmekka.

10. Tigranes

Tigranes Armenian

By the way you have 7 unused Spies slots in 1802. Pray tell why? Napoleon and Fouché would disapprove! :nono::D

11. Linklite

Linklite King

Do the adjacencies for districts update after they're built? So, let's say I have built an IZ with +3 and then I remove the quarry that was giving it an adjacency of +1, would it now be worth only +2? Or if I built a new quarry that would normally give it +1, would it be worth +4? Or will that IZ always be +3?

Knightfall likes this.
  12. MrRadar

MrRadar Emperor

Yes, they update. You can reduce and increase them, you just won't get the era score if you built the IZ as +3 and upgrade it later to +4.

Knightfall and Linklite like this.
  13. Starina

Starina Warlord

Why can't an aqueduct be erected? Because of its "curvature"?
    upload_2021-3-10_11-11-20.png

Attached Files:

Knightfall likes this.
  14. Linklite

Linklite King

Basically. The water cannot be in direct contact with the city centre, and since in those tiles it would be, you can't build the aqueduct.

Knightfall likes this.
  15. Starina

Starina Warlord

sounds incomprehensible

16. Linklite

Linklite King

My explanation or the mechanic?

17. Starina

Starina Warlord

Your explanation. Well that is because the aqueduct cannot bend like in my second screenshot?

18. MrRadar

MrRadar Emperor

Basically, an aqueduct can't start and end at the same side of it's hex, it must take water from a fresh water source on a different side of the hex, it can't make a complete U-turn.

Knightfall and Starina like this.
  19. Starina

Starina Warlord

Well, yes, it makes sense. Just for the first time in 5 years I encountered such a thing

Knightfall likes this.
  20. J.arnold642

J.arnold642 Chieftain

Is there a spot in the civilopedia which lists the industry / corporation perks for each luxury?

I cannot keep 30+ in my head. Ivory is military buff %, etc.