Why can't I place two national parks in this area? I want one placed directly to the right of Tra Kieu, and one placed directly NW. You can see from the appeal lense that all eight tiles that they are all charming, but both locations are saying another plot needs to be 'fixed' somehow. What's wrong with those two mountains that aren't highlighted in the naturalist lense?
Screenshot (117).png
Screenshot (116).png

Last edited:
Why can't I place two national parks in this area? I want one placed directly to the right of Tra Kieu, and one placed directly NW. You can see from the appeal lense that all eight tiles that they are all charming, but both locations are saying another plot needs to be 'fixed' somehow. What's wrong with those two mountains that aren't highlighted in the naturalist lense?
Assuming all those tiles belong to Tra Kieu, try to disqualify one of the locations by temporarily placing an improvement in one of those diamonds. Apparently the game has some difficulties in such cases where multiple adjacent parks can be built and must be 'helped' to see what you want. If one diamond is disqualified then another should light up for NP building, build it then and remove the temporary improvement in another desired location afterwards, for construction of the second one.

...One more question, can you ask for open borders, position your units around opponent city and declare surprise war after that ?
Because if I rememeber correctly in Civ V your units got teleported into your territory if you did that.
Technically yes, But when you declare war, your units will be teleported to just outside the boundaries and you don't get to choose where. You're best positioning them exactly where you want them just outside the borders, letting the movement refresh the next turn, then declaring war. Sometimes the game's decision as to where to put your units is...less than optimal.

Assuming all those tiles belong to Tra Kieu, try to disqualify one of the locations by temporarily placing an improvement in one of those diamonds. Apparently the game has some difficulties in such cases where multiple adjacent parks can be built and must be 'helped' to see what you want. If one diamond is disqualified then another should light up for NP building, build it then and remove the temporary improvement in another desired location afterwards, for construction of the second one.
Thanks! That did the trick.

In barbarians mode, can camps become city states that you had unchecked in the CS selection list?
In theory, no. They should only become CSs that are on that list and haven't already existed in the game so far.

In practice, things are often different. I've not been using the CS picker so far, so I haven't been in a position to judge if it does happen.

I'm trying to create a cultural alliance in a MP game. My friend and I are declared friends but the option to become allies doesn't show for us. Are there any other prereqs?

I've researched the Civil Service civic but he hasn't. Is it necessary for him to have researched the civic for me to propose an alliance?

Thanks.

Has anyone else had a little trouble with getting City-States to form from Barbarian Tribes in the respective mode? I thought if you turned City-States to 0 in the menu, all of your City-States would form from Barbarian Camps, but when I did it, none of the Tribes gain progress towards city-statehood at all.

I read somewhere that it is a fix to the new launcher. Since I bypassed that thing when the old one came out I can't tell it for sure though.

During war when you take an enemy city, that shares workable tiles with a city of your own, can you allow your city to work these newly conquered tiles? The point being after the war, if you cede the city back you'll retain the newly worked tiles.

In my experience no, but I have a friend who says its possible. (So it got me wondering if I have some mod which is somehow disabling it).

I was talking with him about how I've razed so many cities in Civ6 just to get control over a single hex with a neighbor.

During war when you take an enemy city, that shares workable tiles with a city of your own, can you allow your city to work these newly conquered tiles? The point being after the war, if you cede the city back you'll retain the newly worked tiles.

In my experience no, but I have a friend who says its possible. (So it got me wondering if I have some mod which is somehow disabling it).

It was possible quite some time ago, but no more. Some killjoy-nerffun-guy among the devs decided that it was an exploit and removed this feature. If you want to reassign tiles, you must end the war and get that city in a peace deal. In my eyes – a very unnecessary change and I would very much welcome reverting it. Adjusting your borders here and there without taking cities or razing them was a blast. Have they not studied history and Latin? Vae victis and all that...

It was possible quite some time ago, but no more. Some killjoy-nerffun-guy among the devs decided that it was an exploit and removed this feature. If you want to reassign tiles, you must end the war and get that city in a peace deal. In my eyes – a very unnecessary change and I would very much welcome reverting it. Adjusting your borders here and there without taking cities or razing them was a blast. Have they not studied history and Latin? Vae victis and all that...

Thanks a bunch MrRadar!

EDIT: Maybe there's a mod that allows this again. Time to browse the workshop.

Is there a reason the AI is always asking me to swap hero artifacts? When I play that mode, they all want to do it, all the time. Some advantage to having the relic of a hero you did not recruit?

Is there a reason the AI is always asking me to swap hero artifacts? When I play that mode, they all want to do it, all the time. Some advantage to having the relic of a hero you did not recruit?
Don't believe so. The AI wants to swap all kinds of Great Works, sometimes with an imbalanced trade (eg a Great Work and good for a Great Work), I imagine it just classes a Hero Artifacts as a Great Work. But so far as I know, they are all identical in function.

1. How is the global era calculated? When does a new global era start? The local one starts when you research the first civic/tech if an era, but when does a new global one get triggered?
  2. How is the upgrade cost of a unit calculated? Strategic resources are equal to buying a new one, if the new unit uses a strat that the old one doesn't, but what about gold?

1. The number of turns per era is a set range, the minimum of which is 40, and the maximum is 60. These numbers are altered by the Game Speed Cost Multiplier, so for Online speed it would be 20 & 30. Within this range, Global Era is then based on the average (or was it median?) of the progress (Tech & Civic) by all Civs. Idr if anyone ever figured out the exact formula.

2. The formula is
" max { ((Upgrade To Base Production Cost - Upgrade From Base Production Cost) * GOLD_EQUIVALENT_OTHER_YIELDS * UPGRADE_NET_PRODUCTION_PERCENT_COST) + UPGRADE_BASE_COST, 15 } "

The bolded parts are Global Parameters & 15 is the UPGRADE_MINIMUM_COST.

Top Bottom