1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Quick Questions and Answers

Quick Questions and Answers

1. Old Victoria

Old Victoria Chieftain

Are you not queueing them? Under "Production" there's the "queue" icon. You click that, and you can click up to 8 items to stand in line - city projects included.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2021
  2. Kupe Navigator

Kupe Navigator Emperor

errm I think this might have been a mod but... which mod changed Etemenanki's required tech from writing to wheels?

Knightfall likes this.
  3. Time Tested

Time Tested Warlord

I use this mod: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1505351262

Is there an option to watch opponents take their turns? Previous iterations had this built in (and not sure there was a way to turn it off), and it helped at least a little bit with understanding what was going on in the world.

Knightfall likes this.
  4. mrwho

mrwho Prince

Why can't I place two national parks in this area? I want one placed directly to the right of Tra Kieu, and one placed directly NW. You can see from the appeal lense that all eight tiles that they are all charming, but both locations are saying another plot needs to be 'fixed' somehow. What's wrong with those two mountains that aren't highlighted in the naturalist lense?
    Screenshot (117).png Screenshot (116).png

Last edited: Apr 6, 2021
    Time Tested and Knightfall like this.
  5. MrRadar

MrRadar Emperor

Assuming all those tiles belong to Tra Kieu, try to disqualify one of the locations by temporarily placing an improvement in one of those diamonds. Apparently the game has some difficulties in such cases where multiple adjacent parks can be built and must be 'helped' to see what you want. If one diamond is disqualified then another should light up for NP building, build it then and remove the temporary improvement in another desired location afterwards, for construction of the second one.

6. Linklite

Linklite King

Technically yes, But when you declare war, your units will be teleported to just outside the boundaries and you don't get to choose where. You're best positioning them exactly where you want them just outside the borders, letting the movement refresh the next turn, then declaring war. Sometimes the game's decision as to where to put your units is...less than optimal.

Knightfall likes this.
  7. mrwho

mrwho Prince

Thanks! That did the trick.

MrRadar and Knightfall like this.
  8. iammaxhailme

iammaxhailme Emperor

In barbarians mode, can camps become city states that you had unchecked in the CS selection list?

Knightfall likes this.
  9. Linklite

Linklite King

In theory, no. They should only become CSs that are on that list and haven't already existed in the game so far.

In practice, things are often different. I've not been using the CS picker so far, so I haven't been in a position to judge if it does happen.

Knightfall likes this.
  10. Mango201

Mango201 Chieftain

I'm trying to create a cultural alliance in a MP game. My friend and I are declared friends but the option to become allies doesn't show for us. Are there any other prereqs?

I've researched the Civil Service civic but he hasn't. Is it necessary for him to have researched the civic for me to propose an alliance?

Thanks.

11. KingPiggyXXI

KingPiggyXXI Chieftain

Yep, both players need to have researched Civil Service before they can create an alliance.

12. TyrannusRex

TyrannusRex Warlord

Has anyone else had a little trouble with getting City-States to form from Barbarian Tribes in the respective mode? I thought if you turned City-States to 0 in the menu, all of your City-States would form from Barbarian Camps, but when I did it, none of the Tribes gain progress towards city-statehood at all.

13. cain3456

cain3456 King

There was a 70-odd MB update that downloaded today. Any idea what that was about?

14. Buktu

Buktu Prince

I read somewhere that it is a fix to the new launcher. Since I bypassed that thing when the old one came out I can't tell it for sure though.

15. TyrannusRex

TyrannusRex Warlord

I believe it did fix the issue with the launcher. (I'll probably still bypass it, though.)

16. Piranga

Piranga Warlord

During war when you take an enemy city, that shares workable tiles with a city of your own, can you allow your city to work these newly conquered tiles? The point being after the war, if you cede the city back you'll retain the newly worked tiles.

In my experience no, but I have a friend who says its possible. (So it got me wondering if I have some mod which is somehow disabling it).

I was talking with him about how I've razed so many cities in Civ6 just to get control over a single hex with a neighbor.

17. MrRadar

MrRadar Emperor

It was possible quite some time ago, but no more. Some killjoy-nerffun-guy among the devs decided that it was an exploit and removed this feature. If you want to reassign tiles, you must end the war and get that city in a peace deal. In my eyes – a very unnecessary change and I would very much welcome reverting it. Adjusting your borders here and there without taking cities or razing them was a blast. Have they not studied history and Latin? Vae victis and all that...

18. Piranga

Piranga Warlord

Thanks a bunch MrRadar!

EDIT: Maybe there's a mod that allows this again. Time to browse the workshop.

19. Francel

Francel Madam Secretary

Is there a reason the AI is always asking me to swap hero artifacts? When I play that mode, they all want to do it, all the time. Some advantage to having the relic of a hero you did not recruit?

20. Linklite

Linklite King

Don't believe so. The AI wants to swap all kinds of Great Works, sometimes with an imbalanced trade (eg a Great Work and good for a Great Work), I imagine it just classes a Hero Artifacts as a Great Work. But so far as I know, they are all identical in function.