I read that scouts don't count towards maintenance costs. Is this true?

How about religious units or builders?

[Edit] Just read that "base maintainance cost for each unit is dependent on their tech level. Warrior, Scout and Slinger cost zero, while Archer, Spearman cost 1g, Swordsmen cost 2g etc"

So what about those religious units?

Last edited:
In civ V inquisitors stationed in a city would block a missionary from spreading a foreign religion. Is this still the case in VI?

In civ V inquisitors stationed in a city would block a missionary from spreading a foreign religion. Is this still the case in VI?

No, the Civ V inquisitors' "invisible repulsion effect" that caused foreign religions' missionaries and Great Prophets to flee and do spread missions elsewhere is not present in Civ VI. Instead, inquisitors have the ability to initiate religious combat with apostles and missionaries of other religions, without requiring that you be at war with the other civ.

Is there a way to see district output on the map?

It seems weird that they are just dead space on the map.....

Ok, I don't know how to best ask this but what is the rock/paper/scissors of the combat for unit classes? For example, I believe melee is a good counter to anti-cavalry. What are counters to each classes and if you feel like, naming the units for each class would be really helpful. Example: warrior is melee. I've tried finding a full guide as this seems like a good topic for that sort of thing but have had no luck.

Thank you!

EDIT: bump : (
EDIT: Anyone?

Last edited:
Where do you store great works of music aside from some specific wonders (e.g. Broadway)? Am I completely missing a tech/civic that unlocks an Opera or something a la Civ V?

Research Radio (tech) to unlock the Broadcast Center -- Can be built in a Theater District that has a museum (either art or archaeological). Has one slot for a Great Work of Music.

I had the ancient walls of a city bombarded into oblivion by a Minas Geraes. Now I don't seem to have the option to repair them. There is an option to build medieval walls, but it says I must first have ancient walls. I transitioned into the industrial era before I could repair the walls - so I think this is what the problem is, but would like confirmation.

Help, I'm being spanked by the ui

1- Where do i see how many turns/culture my cities need to get a new tile?
2 - Is it possible to see the next which tile will be aquired next?
3 - It says, for example, 0 amenities of 0 amenities needed, but how can i know when that is going to change? Will it be when city reach 4 citzens? 5? I tried leaving the cursor over that, expecting a pop up to tell me, but nothing

Help, I'm being spanked by the ui

1- Where do i see how many turns/culture my cities need to get a new tile?
2 - Is it possible to see the next which tile will be aquired next?
3 - It says, for example, 0 amenities of 0 amenities needed, but how can i know when that is going to change? Will it be when city reach 4 citzens? 5? I tried leaving the cursor over that, expecting a pop up to tell me, but nothing

On 1 and 2, the UI does not currently include that information. It's commonly requested, so hopefully we will see it in a patch.

On 3, see the Amenity Guide: http://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/amenity-guide.602364/

Research Radio (tech) to unlock the Broadcast Center -- Can be built in a Theater District that has a museum (either art or archaeological). Has one slot for a Great Work of Music.

Thanks!

How many times can a great writer or artist be used to generate great works? It seems each one can be used several times, even 3 times, before it disappears. Is it the intended behavior, or instead a bug (as it seems)?

Yeah most of them give you 2-3 works so you can use them that many times. You can either mouse over the great persons icon or read the description before recruiting to see how many works they will produce.

The issue the I often run into is that a great person can still produce more works but I have no more slots left.

How many times can a great writer or artist be used to generate great works? It seems each one can be used several times, even 3 times, before it disappears. Is it the intended behavior, or instead a bug (as it seems)?

Each Great Artist can create three Great Works of Art and each Great Writer or Musician can create two Great Works of Writing or Music, respectively, but in each case they only create 1 Great Work for each time they are activated. So, a Great Artist will be activated 3 times before it disappears.

The specific works a GWAM creates are shown on the Great People screen before you buy the GWAM and can be checked any time by opening the Civilopedia or by mouse hovering the GWAM's action button (which also tells you what sort of district or other tile where the GWAM can be activated).

Top Bottom