Quick Questions and Answers

Quick Questions and Answers

1. Akbarthegreat

Akbarthegreat Angel of Junil

Question: Do hammers from chopping carry over to the next item being produced? It didn't seem so.

I noticed that too, seems a tad weird. Although this belongs in the Ideas and Suggestions subforum (I think).

As far as I know currently, it's uniques that are affected. The American Rough Rider, English Redcoats, the Spanish mission improvement for instance.

Yep, I face this too. Will be fixed soon hopefully.

2. Balkans

Balkans Warlord

Is joint war one of the casus belli ways to declare war?

3. viper_1986_1986

viper_1986_1986 Warlord

How often do you get to renew the trade routes?
    Is it just one trip to their dest, then one trip back? a set number of turns??

4. Bzk

Bzk Chieftain

I loaded one of the multiplayer saves I've been playing with friends on to check one of the people I assume is cheating, it's turn 50 on quick and his gold is +900 per turn, when I look at the sources for gold it all looks normal until I see that he gets +500 gold from Modifiers from his capital.

Is he changing the game files to do this or is there a mod out there that boosts gold gain up somehow?

5. SaiH

SaiH Warlord

Does anybody know something about research agreements?

6. RohirrimElf

RohirrimElf Emperor

Can you earn achievements with mods installed?

7. WiseGreen

WiseGreen Warlord

Is there any way to config the game so I get to disable leader animations, but keeping their spoken lines?

8. TurboJ

TurboJ Warlord

I once saw a city screen where all the district adjacency bonuses were visible on the map. How do I activate this?

9. Stilgar08

Stilgar08 Emperor

It depends on the range - the longer the route the longer the duration . But it's not like the trader unit goes one way up and back and it's over . . . On standard on a short Route duration seems to be approx. 25-30 turns . . .

10. IronfighterXXX

IronfighterXXX Work Hard - Play Hard

11. Silverdawn

Silverdawn Prince

The only screen that I am aware that shows the bonuses is when you select a district to build and are in the process of choosing where. Keep in mind that those bonuses only indicate what they would be at that time--so you should mentally insert any expect from further development (e.g. placing other districts, adding improvements like mines).

12. stebobibo

stebobibo Chieftain

What does it mean to be allied to an AI? I can't find any info on it in the civilopedia. I'm currently allied with 2 civs so it's important for me to know.

13. TurboJ

TurboJ Warlord

I definitely saw a screen where I could see all the adjacency bonuses my districts were receiving there and then. I have only been able to see that screen once so I'm wondering if anyone knows how I can get it back up again..

14. Silverdawn

Silverdawn Prince

Are you maybe thinking of the City Breakdown information? You toggle that with the leftmost button when you have a city selected and then pick the second tab in the City Details panel. I don't see a way to get a breakdown of what that number entails though.

Spoiler :
    city_details.jpg

15. georgjorge

georgjorge Deity Wannabe

There's a ranking accessible through the button in the upper right corner, which shows how close civs are to different victory conditions. But I wonder about the information I get when I mouse over the civs. For instance, I can see that my neighbouring AI has a military strength of close to 1.000 while I have only about 600. But when I then attack him I am able to take five of his cities while losing only two units. Now he STILL has a higher military strength than me on this list even though he is reduced to one city and wasn't able to put up any resistance. Is the AI just that incompetent in defending their cities, or are the values on that list bugged and the AI is much weaker than that value?

Also, is joint war declaration really so cheap? Before declaring, I just asked the AI nearby, who was neutral towards me, to declare together with me. I payed him one gold for it. I have a feeling that it should be slightly more expensive to bribe someone into war with their neighbour since it can become very costly for the AI.

16. agonistes

agonistes wants his subs under ice!

I have conquered a city and the theater district was still there after I conquered it. Hmmm, twice this has happened, both times with the theater. So I cannot vouch for the resiliency of the other types of districts.

It might be unique tile improvements that disappear. I believe that Scythia's little piles of holy stones vaporize when you take one of their cities.

Question: Uboats apparently cannot go under ice. Anyone know if nuclear subs can? I was really disappointed by this.

Question 2: If a civ is wiped out, can we bring them back still by 'liberating' one of their old cities? If so, does this apply to city-states as well?
    -------------------- and what about the envoys we lost if we revive a city-state? Do we start at 0 again?

Last edited: Nov 3, 2016
  17. TurboJ

TurboJ Warlord

Sadly they can't. Which is all the more annoying because nearly every map is blocked by ice in the far south and far north. Should be a simple mod to implement this feature though.

18. mnf

mnf King

Is the range bonus of Factories just its base +3 production, or does the citizen place here also provide the +2 production per citizen bonus to the other cities?

In other words, does a fully upgraded and fully worked Industrial Zone provide +7 production to city centers within 6 tiles, or does it provide +11 production to those city centers?

Answering my own question: No they don't. Only the bonus given by the building itself is provided. Yields from citizen slots of buildings are not applied to other city centers within range.

Last edited: Nov 4, 2016
  19. JamesLeonReynolds

JamesLeonReynolds Chieftain

There is no result if you search for it, but you can click the tab in the table of contents on the left in the Civilopedia: Diplomacy > Diplomatic Relationships, for a brief description.

I am curious about ways that alliances can end.

20. KmDubya

KmDubya King

The pantheon Goddess of the Harvest says that when you harvest a resource or remove a feature you get faith equal to the other yield's quantity.

This does not seem to work with removing rainforest????

Rainforest is listed as a feature, if it doesn't work with rainforest it should say so.

I have a jungle heavy start with Norway and had first choice at pantheon due to settling on dyes and meeting Kandy on like turn 3. I thought that with all the clear cutting of the jungle I'd get a boatload of faith as well. I could go back to an earlier save but that is like 70 turns back on epic speed

Last edited: Nov 4, 2016