Looking to convert my ogg sound files to MP3. Any good recommendations I can use that people are using not populated with adware/malware?

I had a converter on my old PC but I haven't used it in years, so forgot where I put it.

I've made it as far as an Emperor Religious victory, but I'm trying Immortal now and am suffering a Barbie invasion and really can't work out why my Archer is unable to attack them. (See screenshot)

I should be able to attack both their catapaults, slinger and warrior since my city is also on a hill and under two tiles away.... (meant to have the tooltip up to show that, but normal screenshots (Win + PrtSc) have, for some reason, stopped working on my rig so had to use Snipping Tool and it's a complicated affair since Full-screen Civ Vi doesn't seem to like Alt-Tabbing...)

Well, I mucked that up and seemed to have made it two posts. Why can't I just upload a screenshot directly to the original post??

Anyway, sorry, CivFanatics noob here. :)

OK. I worked it out and admit my ignorance. Apologies.

My Scout, a Recon unit, in the same city counts as a melee unit so I was not allowed to use my archer since that means I have two melee units in the same city.

I understand the 1UPT idea, but there really needs to be some leeway added. Such as more than one (maybe just two to avoid the stack of doom scenario...) in an Encampment or City, Recon units not counting as military units, although it can, obviously, be used as one (eventually, anyway...) and foreign civilian units not blocking your own military units...

OK. I worked it out and admit my ignorance. Apologies.

My Scout, a Recon unit, in the same city counts as a melee unit so I was not allowed to use my archer since that means I have two melee units in the same city.

I understand the 1UPT idea, but there really needs to be some leeway added. Such as more than one (maybe just two to avoid the stack of doom scenario...) in an Encampment or City, Recon units not counting as military units, although it can, obviously, be used as one (eventually, anyway...) and foreign civilian units not blocking your own military units...
You would have the same problem if it was a warrior instead of a scout. Scouts upgrade to rangers, who can attack, so they make sense as military units. The issue is that you have to move military units whentheybecome 2 in a tile. I suppose the game blocks if you surround your city with enough units annd your newly produced unit has nowhere to go.
1UPT is flawed when units get created. A better fix would be to prevent production of units if the target tile is not empty.

Im playing as Kongo. Buddhism is majority religion of my empire. It has belief: Church property. Where do I see how much gold that gives to me?

I am trying to win a culture game as France.
My game tells me that I have 224 culture per turn and 160 tourism.
Only India and Norway are in this game.
Norway makes 8 culture per tun and 13 tourism
The game suddenly tells me that Norway is about to win a tourism victory and has become influential over me. WTH? Am I misunderstanding something?

Last edited:
Liv: Look at your victory screens and click on Culture. It will show Visiting Tourists/Total Tourism needed. You will see from that screen how many visiting tourists you're getting from each other Civ.

Visiting Tourists > Highest other Tourism is what wins a culture victory.

Im playing as Kongo. Buddhism is majority religion of my empire. It has belief: Church property. Where do I see how much gold that gives to me?
You can't. You can click on the Religion tab to see your Religion and what bonuses it gives. You can click on each city and click on the tab giving info about the city, and click on the Religious pressure tab to see exactly how many followers each city has. It's really not worth the trouble. Just be happy it's generating some gold.

For the promotion, "+x strength when in a district or fort", does the Great Wall count as a district/fort?

Last edited:
You can't. You can click on the Religion tab to see your Religion and what bonuses it gives. You can click on each city and click on the tab giving info about the city, and click on the Religious pressure tab to see exactly how many followers each city has. It's really not worth the trouble. Just be happy it's generating some gold.
This is wrong. You can mouseover the gold on the top and in the break down it will tell you the gold you get from believes.

Liv: Look at your victory screens and click on Culture. It will show Visiting Tourists/Total Tourism needed. You will see from that screen how many visiting tourists you're getting from each other Civ.

Visiting Tourists > Highest other Tourism is what wins a culture victory.
the victory screen tells me that I need 68 tourists to win and I have 27
The vikings need 158 to win they have 8
my current turn the game is warning in form of red suitcases me that I am about to lose because "Norway has attracted enough tourists to make their culture dominant over yours." I cannot see how that is possible. This must be some kind of bug maybe
(I tried to upload pics but I am getting error messages)

This is wrong. You can mouseover the gold on the top and in the break down it will tell you the gold you get from believes.

It seems it is not working when playing as Kongo? At least there isnt text beliefs. But still it would be nice to know if I get any gold at all from my majority religion. Maybe this is bug?

The Civilipedia for the Sea Dog (unique English unit) says "Can capture enemy ships." So far, mine has blown up three barbarian ships and hasn't captured anything.

How do I capture ships? Does it not work on barbs? Do I have to do something special aside from attacking?

It may sound like a stupid question, but I'll explain why I'm confused...

How can you tell what level a unit is? I'm including going for the "Airlift a Level 3 Slinger" achievement in my current game and the number on the unit says 2...so I presume it's level 2.

However, when I mouse over the exp needed bit, it says "31/60 needed to level 4", which would suggest it's already level 3...

Which is correct?

The Civic "Military Tradition" says:

Grants flanking and support combat bonuses to all combat units.
Does anyone know what "support combat bonus" is? I know that Flanking is when the target I'm attacking is adjacent to at least 2 of my units.

The Civic "Military Tradition" says:

Grants flanking and support combat bonuses to all combat units.
Does anyone know what "support combat bonus" is? I know that Flanking is when the target I'm attacking is adjacent to at least 2 of my units.

Support combat bonus is a bonus you get for having friendly units adjacent to YOUR unit (as opposed to Flanking, which as you correctly said is for having friendly units adjacent to the enemy unit.)

I have a question of my own. Does anyone know exactly how the game determines how many great people of each era there will be? Some games there are three classical era great generals, and some games there are only one. How is this determined? I know it has something to do how fast civilizations are progressing through the eras, but how exactly does that work?

Reactions: mnf
Support combat bonus is a bonus you get for having friendly units adjacent to YOUR unit (as opposed to Flanking, which as you correctly said is for having friendly units adjacent to the enemy unit.)

I have a question of my own. Does anyone know exactly how the game determines how many great people of each era there will be? Some games there are three classical era great generals, and some games there are only one. How is this determined? I know it has something to do how fast civilizations are progressing through the eras, but how exactly does that work?

I dont know but its proly 100% randomized

Another policy related question. This is regarding the Renaissance policy "Native Conquest":

Combat victories over units from earlier eras provide Gold equal to 50% of the Combat Strength of the defeated unit.​

What are the criteria used to determine if the victory is "over units from eariler eras"?
  1. Earlier than the winning unit, i.e. use a Swordman (Classical) to defeat a Warrior (Ancient)?
  2. Earlier than Native Conquest policy era, i.e. use a Swordsman (Classical) to defeat a Swordsman (Classical) also counts?
    Use a Modern Armor (Information) to defeat a Infantry (Modern) results in no Gold?
  3. Earlier than my current era, i.e. I'm in Information era, but I use a Slinger (Ancient) to defeat a Swordman (Classical) and I still get Gold?

Sometimes when I'm moving units during my turn, Tomyris will pop up and compliment me. Is this normal? I can't figure out what's causing it and it feels like a bug.

Another policy related question. This is regarding the Renaissance policy "Native Conquest":

Combat victories over units from earlier eras provide Gold equal to 50% of the Combat Strength of the defeated unit.​

What are the criteria used to determine if the victory is "over units from eariler eras"?
  1. Earlier than the winning unit, i.e. use a Swordman (Classical) to defeat a Warrior (Ancient)?
  2. Earlier than Native Conquest policy era, i.e. use a Swordsman (Classical) to defeat a Swordsman (Classical) also counts?
    Use a Modern Armor (Information) to defeat a Infantry (Modern) results in no Gold?
  3. Earlier than my current era, i.e. I'm in Information era, but I use a Slinger (Ancient) to defeat a Swordman (Classical) and I still get Gold?

I haven't tested it since, now I've moved up in level, I rarely have better units than the AI!

However, I always understood it to just mean that only a unit from a higher era beating one from a lower era (i.e. Swordsman vs Warrior as you say) would give you the gold bonus, regardless of either Civ's own era.

Top Bottom