I could upgrade them last time I tried. You need to move them into your territory for that, of course.

Anyone remember how to cut all the unnecessary AI chit-chat and just leave the more important messages?

Win versus Losses stat? As I attempt to unlock difficulty achievements I'm curious to know if there is a win/losses stat? Naturally, its annoying to take a loss, particularly if you're as conscious of wining and losing as I am. While playing on Emperor difficulty yesterday America won a Culture victory. I waited a little to long to attack, but I still wanted to see if I could pull of a victory in the last minutes, heh. I've already unlocked the Emperor difficulty achievement, but I wanted to see if I could get a few more Emperor wins under my belt. Playing at higher difficulties isn't nearly as fun. The game becomes far to linear.

Is there a way to kick missionaries out of your land? I'm not concentrating on religion and I don't mind if they convert my cities but the bloody Chinese and covering my land in Taoist jerks. Knocking on my doors asking if I want to talk about Taoist christ and stuff.

I'm assaulting enemy coastal cities with submarines. I can place them right next to the city center and they don't get spotted as long as there isn't a unit inside the city.

BUT. One random enemy city can spot the submarine from 2 tiles away and bombard it. I cannot spot any units inside the city nor in its vicinity. What's up with this?

How much does City Combat Strength increase per each unpillaged district that city owns?

EDIT

You can click on a unit of you and virtual attack the city by then hoovering with your mouse above the city (or an enermy unit) and then you see all kind of info, incl that district effect

I'm assaulting enemy coastal cities with submarines. I can place them right next to the city center and they don't get spotted as long as there isn't a unit inside the city.

BUT. One random enemy city can spot the submarine from 2 tiles away and bombard it. I cannot spot any units inside the city nor in its vicinity. What's up with this?

is that not the special feature of the U-Boat of Frederic Barbarossa ?

Last edited by a moderator:
I haven't played Civ 6 for a few months, wanted to give the new Civs a try using a true start mod, however the mods menu has changed to additional content menu. In that menu I cannot start a game using the mods unlike previously. If I go to Single Player > Create Game I only get the standard options and no mods. Anyone know where this feature has been moved to?

How far away can a city be from the coast and still build a harbor/ships, and access the resources?

How far away can a city be from the coast and still build a harbor/ships, and access the resources?

2 tiles of land in between is the max range to build the harbour on the coast. You then could only work the water tiles within a range of 3 from your city. Later on you could still access the strategic and luxury resources up to 5 tiles away from your cities (but not work them).

Sorry if this has been covered before, but how do you destroy enemy encampents? After the defences are down, enemy troops can still stand in the encampent and my ranged units cannot hurt them. Do I have to attack these units with melee troops and can I then destroy the encampent once I'm in?

Sorry if this has been covered before, but how do you destroy enemy encampents? After the defences are down, enemy troops can still stand in the encampent and my ranged units cannot hurt them. Do I have to attack these units with melee troops and can I then destroy the encampent once I'm in?

You can't 'destroy' it, it's a district. You can pillage it though (so the enemy will have to repair it before being able to use), which is done just by moving your unit in there after you've taken down the defense. So yes, you need to kill whoever is standing on it and move there yourself.

Browd, if I have the bank with art slots, is art stored there immune to spies trying to steal great works?

I am guessing yes, because the spy would only be in the commercial hub to siphon gold. But... as the hub is now storing art as well, would it register on the ai's list of potential targets for art stealing?

Conversely, if the ai had the bank, would it show up on my list of possible missions as a place to steal art from? In a MP game, can art be safely hidden away there?

You can't 'destroy' it, it's a district. You can pillage it though (so the enemy will have to repair it before being able to use), which is done just by moving your unit in there after you've taken down the defense. So yes, you need to kill whoever is standing on it and move there yourself.

Do we know how the battle mechanics work on this? If the encampent defence and health is reduced to zero, does that mean a unit inside doesn't get any defensive bonus? And somehow ranged units can't seem to touch any unit inside an encampent even if the encampet itself has been bombarded to zero health. I may be wrong but I remember like it was the case when I last had such a battle. It seems you need a melee unit to attack into the encampent so in that respect it seems to act just like it was a stand-alone city as regards to battle mechanics.

Top Bottom