1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Quick Questions and Answers

Quick Questions and Answers

1. TurboJ

TurboJ Warlord

Do we know how the battle mechanics work on this? If the encampent defence and health is reduced to zero, does that mean a unit inside doesn't get any defensive bonus? And somehow ranged units can't seem to touch any unit inside an encampent even if the encampet itself has been bombarded to zero health. I may be wrong but I remember like it was the case when I last had such a battle. It seems you need a melee unit to attack into the encampent so in that respect it seems to act just like it was a stand-alone city as regards to battle mechanics.

2. TurboJ

TurboJ Warlord

A question about England's Royal Navy Dockyard. It differs from the normal harbor by still allowing an extra trade route even if you already have a commercial hub in the city.

But how about vice versa? If you have Dockyard first and then build a commercial hub - does this work the same way or do you in this case lose the extra trade route slot?

3. Browd

Browd Dilettante Administrator

Works the same way, regardless of the order in which you build the royal dockyard and commercial hub -- net result is +2 trade routes either way.

4. Jarhead60

Jarhead60 Chieftain

Searched google and these forums as best I could but cannot find the answer to the following question. In the advanced set up if you choose to start in a era other than ancient what do you and the ai start with in regards to units, technologies and civics? If anyone has a link to that it would be great. Otherwise I guess I will have to just do some testing (hate testing).

5. Laurana Kanan

Laurana Kanan Don’t underestimate who I am.

@Jarhead60 Look under "MajorStartingUnits" in the Eras.xml located @ ...\Base\Assets\Gameplay\Data, which lists the units and quantity for each era. There's also a section beneath that for the City-States - "BonusMinorStartingUnits".

6. Jarhead60

Jarhead60 Chieftain

yeah, I wasn't keen on opening up files and looking. I know for Civ 5 there were charts listing all this. Just can't find one for Civ 6

7. Leyrann

Leyrann Deity

Does the penalty for stealing a tile with culture bomb degrade over time, or is it permanent?

8. Wim Peeters

Wim Peeters Chieftain

After the recent Mac update I get this, any ideas to solve it?
    Thanks!
    Spoiler :
    Schermafbeelding 2017-04-23 om 11.32.11.png Schermafbeelding 2017-04-23 om 11.32.39.png Schermafbeelding 2017-04-23 om 11.34.28.png

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 23, 2017
  9. Hrothbern

Hrothbern Deity

10. Leyrann

Leyrann Deity

11. Browd

Browd Dilettante Administrator

12. Hrothbern

Hrothbern Deity

After the post saying an AI does not get angry, there is another post stating an AI does get angry.

13. Bubz

Bubz Chieftain

I can't figure this out... which military policy card will reduce the cost of Siege type units? Support, ranged/melee, light/heavy cavalry, or there is none?

14. Leyrann

Leyrann Deity

I can't find that, and either way it doesn't say wheter the bonus is permanent or degrades over time. I'd also like to point out that the conversation is the level where people do not realize the person that doesn't get it working might not be playing Poland... I don't have a lot of faith in a conversation like that compared to what the average person here knows.

EDIT: You know what, never mind, I'll just figure out the answer.

15. agonistes

agonistes wants his subs under ice!

What happens if I conquer a city, click on a tile of that city so one of my other cities is using it, build a district on that tile with my 'borrowing' city, then give the conquered city back?

Do I keep the district?
    If not, which city is the district accredited to for purposes of district count?

16. Rosty K

Rosty K King

You keep tiles, so you can 'steal' land this way if it is within 3-tile radius of your city.

17. Herod

Herod Warlord

The siege tower is a support unit

18. Bubz

Bubz Chieftain

I'm referring to Artillery, Catapult, Rocket Artillery, etc. Those type of siege units.

Siege tower is a diamond shape, just like medic... which makes it easy to determine it's a support unit.

19. Herod

Herod Warlord

Conscription and levee will reduce maintenance costs of siege units, I don't think there is a card to increase production.

20. TurboJ

TurboJ Warlord

What he is referring to are not classified as siege units in Civ VI. Catapults, artilleries and such are bombard strength class. I'm not aware of any card giving specific bonus to building these. They don't seem to count as ranged units in this respect (which is kind of logical in the sense that there is a separate class of units that are labeled as ranged units).

Such a card would be nice though. Bombard class are damn expensive to build.