The antiquity problem is one reason I try to get improvements on all my squares.
Sounds like an excellent idea! I have the same annoyance with antiquity sites once they come up, I'll give it a whirl.

I actually enjoy it a bit as part of the game: another challenge ... like the barbs at the beginning.

Medics come late in the game, so I've never used them. But I'm curious about how they work. Can a unit move next to a medic and be healed going into the next turn? Or does it need to not move at all that turn like normal healing in friendly territory? And how about the medic itself? Can it move and still dispense healing that turn?

I've noticed in the description for the military academy that it says it allows for faster training of corps and armies and same for the seaport. I've heard this means you can build them directly instead of a single unit. This has always been a mystery to me and I can't seem to find anyway to do it. Can anyone tell me if this is possible and if so how I can 'build' a corps or army directly?

I've noticed in the description for the military academy that it says it allows for faster training of corps and armies and same for the seaport. I've heard this means you can build them directly instead of a single unit. This has always been a mystery to me and I can't seem to find anyway to do it. Can anyone tell me if this is possible and if so how I can 'build' a corps or army directly?

In the build, there should be a drop down to make corp/army, or fleet/armada.
It's faster to build a corps than 2 separate units, more so with the extra buildings.
Even though it's faster to build in multiple cities and combine later, you save on production by making direct.

Medics come late in the game, so I've never used them. But I'm curious about how they work. Can a unit move next to a medic and be healed going into the next turn? Or does it need to not move at all that turn like normal healing in friendly territory? And how about the medic itself? Can it move and still dispense healing that turn?
It will provide +5 HP to a unit that's healing already ... I would assume the medic can still heal if it end its turn after moving.

Has anyone else been getting free inspirations on political philosophy lately? It seems like I keep getting it randomly, I check the city state list each time and only two have been met. (not coming from tribal villages)

Has anyone else been getting free inspirations on political philosophy lately? It seems like I keep getting it randomly, I check the city state list each time and only two have been met. (not coming from tribal villages)

If city-states are eliminated they count as known for the purpose of Political Philosophy's inspiration. Bug was introduced in the last patch.

Why is it that the city defence strength (as in the number shown) doesn't fully represent how hard their bombardments will hit? There seems to be some other, military tech level-based, hidden variable involved there. Countless times I've seen how one civ's 100-strength city hits my infantry for 10 HP while another civ's 100-strength city hits it for 30 HP. And yes I'm taking into consideration unit perks and terrain. What's up with this - does anyone have a clue how the city strength is actually calculated?

City bombardment strength is the strength of the strongest ranged unit the civ as built, the number shown represent the defensive strength only.

I've got a lot of questions as I have just recently started playing my very first game, many things are confusing.

- Where do I see how many/what wonders I have? Checked the city screen but could not see. I'm also not sure where I see the buildings the city has.
- What are good technologies to beeline? My first game is right now all over the place as I dont know the tech tree. Anything like (CiV's) Natural Philosophy-Civil Service-Education here?

To check the wonder situation I usually look under score and detail (victory screen) You get 5 points for every wonder.
To see the buildings you just have to click around on the city tab one of them shows what is in the city
Good techs to bee line is the ones which allows you to develop your luxuries, the ones that allow you to build the districts you want to do and apprentice to get more production from hills. For civic it is early empire for cheaper settlers and political philosophy to get better government.

The worst I've noticed is John Curtin. It's like he knows he gets production for being declared war on and just goes around daring everyone to do it.

Alexander seems to try and take every possible spot. Victoria and Philipp will often try to do that as well, but in that case it's somewhere in their agendas - they try to settle other landmasses...

Still a begginer on this game :)
One short question.II have just beside(left part) of my name of the city one little exclamation mark.
What does it mean?Its not red.Its just simple white/grey ! mark.
Thx.

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    770.3 KB · Views: 124
I don't know. It's something from CQUI, and I don't use it myself. You should ask over there (though there's probably people around here who know it as well).

1. Playing as America, I've settled at least 8 cities, trying to get the achievement re: New York and great artists. No New York! It used to be the second or third city founded. Any Suggestions?

And 2. I'm attacking a city state that has iron and horses. I've pillaged those tiles, yet the city keeps building them. Is this a bug?

Last edited by a moderator:
1. You randomly get a city from a list, but it's weighed, and I think New York is second on the list (not sure though). Just keep settling (a good idea anyways) and sooner or later you'll get New York. Alternatively, start a new game and try again. The chance for getting New York is higher than the chance for any other name, though still only something like 15%.

2. I believe city states don't need these resources, which was introduced because otherwise they could never upgrade their units.

I've noticed that if you reload a save from before you settle a city, it often gets a different name. So just keep resettling the same site, and reload if you don't get the name you want.

@Eagle Pursuit
You can simply rename your cities via the City-Details ...

Questions :
1. Is there an overview list on your own units : how many, what type?
2. How do I see what Experience-Modifier (faster experience) a unit has?
3. How do I see the Upkeep-costs of a unit besides the Pedia?
4. Do corps and armies have the same upkeep as the normal unit?

Top Bottom