You are right. Australia on River+Coast has 8 housing, not nine. My mistake. And that indeed also means one housing less for Australia river/coast with aquaduct.

You do get 9 for river + coast if it's the capital, as the palace gives 1 housing

Rome somehow dof'd and dow'd me on the same turn.

Anyone know how to resolve this?

Reloading the turn has worked for me in similar situation

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm pretty sure they can. Never payed attention to it, but I think they can. Maybe ranged units can't.

I think mounted units can't (well, they will, if you use the button, but they don't get any bonus for that).

Hey guys, I have found the answer in the CIV 6 pdf Manual! Here's the extract:
"Which Units Can Fortify
Most melee and ranged units can fortify. Non-military, mounted, naval, armored, and air
units cannot fortify."

Is there any way to check if a city is being influenced by the factory or power plant production bonus, it gets really hard to keep track of it when you have 10+ cities

Is there any way to check if a city is being influenced by the factory or power plant production bonus, it gets really hard to keep track of it when you have 10+ cities

When you have built your factory, it's easily shown when you check your city production.

If you want to know whether a city will be influenced or not before you build a new one, you shall count the distance between your city-center and that Industrial zone.

Mouse over the production output on the city screen, and it'll show what it is influenced with (+x from factory, +y from power plant etc). It won't tell you which factory or power plant it is though.

And it only works for existing buildings of course. A lens for regional building influence would be nice indeed.

So Hong Kong's bonus for city projects. What exactly is a city project? is it just those things at the bottom of the build list?

So Hong Kong's bonus for city projects. What exactly is a city project? is it just those things at the bottom of the build list?
Yes. Those are mostly the things you earn when you build a district. There are seven "regular district" projects. Those are:

- Campus Research Grants.
- Commercial Hub Investment.
- Encampment Training.
- Harbor Shipping.
- Holy Site Prayers.
- Industrial Zone Projects.
- Theater Square Performances.

However, there are also some special projects. Those are:

- Carnival. Brazil is the only Civ in the whole game that has not only Unique District, but also gains Unique Project.
- Repair Outer Defenses. Becomes aviable when your City/Encampment have damaged walls and weren't attacked for three turns.
- Manhattan Project. It's unlocked after researching Nuclear Fission and after you complete it, you gain access to the Nuclear Device.
- Build Nuclear Device.
- Operation Ivy. It's unlocked after researching Nuclear Fusion and it gives you access to the Thermonuclear Device.
- Build Thermonuclear Device.

There are also projects you must complete in order of winning the Science Victory. To complete them, you have to build the Spaceport. Those are:

- Launch Earth Satellite.
- Launch Moon Landing.
- Launch Mars Reactor.
- Launch Mars Hydropenics.
- Launch Mars Habitation.

There is also a special project in the Outback Tycoon scenario. It's called AIF Training.

How does the '12 Olympians' achievement work?

I'm playing as Pericles, got to Democracy (8 slots), + an extra slot from the UA (9) + Forbidden Palace (10) + Adam Smith (11), just built Big Ben (12), but haven't received the achievement (I did go a couple more turns too). Should I wait till I discover a new civic, or do I need to change the government, or what else am I missing?

Or does it not count the extra slot and I need to go and conquer Potala or Alhambra?

How does the '12 Olympians' achievement work?

I'm playing as Pericles, got to Democracy (8 slots), + an extra slot from the UA (9) + Forbidden Palace (10) + Adam Smith (11), just built Big Ben (12), but haven't received the achievement (I did go a couple more turns too). Should I wait till I discover a new civic, or do I need to change the government, or what else am I missing?

Or does it not count the extra slot and I need to go and conquer Potala or Alhambra?

It's kind of bugged, I believe it only works if you get all four wonders. Not sure if conquering works or if you have to build them yourself. Either way, it's buggy.

Is there no way to gift allies units?

I'm mainly wanting to defend my trade routes to allies cities. I found out the hard way you can accidentally bomb the terrain improvements of allies with your own bomber. Sorry Russia. I was trying to bomb some barbarians that appeared in his territory because of his on going war with France (war weariness), but while trying to move the map I bombed his terrain improvement instead.

Kind of annoying when your traders get knocked out by barbarians in allied or city-state cities because of of unhappiness in their cities.

Is the "cede city" mechanic and the associated penalties rendered irrelevant if you completely wipe out the civ in question?

Mechanized infantry can attack my nuclear submarine? How? At least I think it was a mech inantry, it could have been a city center attack, but if so, then why didn't the city center attack me the previous two turns? I thought subs were invisible to all of that? what are they vulnerable to?

Mechanized infantry can attack my nuclear submarine? How? At least I think it was a mech inantry, it could have been a city center attack, but if so, then why didn't the city center attack me the previous two turns? I thought subs were invisible to all of that? what are they vulnerable to?
They become visible when adjacent to an enemy unit.

that makes sense. Should be an enemy naval unit in my opinion, but it is what it is. I guess those guys in those humvees can see underwater. Still doesn't explain how they can attack a nuclear submarine. :lol:

It would make more sense for the city center to have been able to see my submarine instead of the mech. infantry (which moved into the city a couple turns after I was adjacent).

Top Bottom