Sorry for selfishly asking this...

Poland's forts cause culture bombs... can you build one, then remove it? If so, does removing it remove the 'bomb'?

That has to be tested, of course, but I don't think there's a way for a city to lose a tile once it's been included, except for swapping it to another city or a culture bomb on the opposite side (also, what happens if Poland and Australia are neighbors, and one builds a fort to grab some tiles, while another one builds a pasture on the other side of the same tile? Later one wins as with fortresses in Civ 5?)...

The amphibious promotion, does it work? I had an Infantry unit with the "no penalty attacking from sea or river" promotion, but I did get the -10 penalty when attacked a city from sea. Are cities excluded or am I missing something here?

Secondly, I think I've noticed that the same promotion lets my units cross rivers without losing movement points from crossing a river. No attacking involved. Is this intended or not?

Secondly, I think I've noticed that the same promotion lets my units cross rivers without losing movement points from crossing a river. No attacking involved. Is this intended or not?

IIRC it was the same in Civ5, so must be intended. Well, and that sort of makes sense.

Overlapping trade deals for luxury resources. Two turns ago I've traded some tobacco for myself (even though I don't smoke, haha, haha, ah... eh) and another civ comes offering me another copy. Obviously I don't need it - but is there any other way but my own memory to know if I'm getting that luxury from someone already?

Overlapping trade deals for luxury resources. Two turns ago I've traded some tobacco for myself (even though I don't smoke, haha, haha, ah... eh) and another civ comes offering me another copy. Obviously I don't need it - but is there any other way but my own memory to know if I'm getting that luxury from someone already?

Not without closing the diplomacy screen :D

Well you could keep a written record. I've actually made a spreadsheet for it on my iPad, with columns for who/when started/when it ends, and which luxury of course. Not that I ended up using it much. It just wasn't worth the effort, since my cities usually have +3 or more.

"Spear of Fionn" +5 for units: This promotion seems to get lost once I upgrade a unit (like scout to explorer or warrior to swordsman).
My question is: Is this normal? Is it due to the troublesome Nubia patch? Or to Moar units? (that was my 1st thought since it happened from Scout to Explorer, but it does the same thing with any unit.
I don't think this happened before Nubia came out.
I'm using the new "cqui" mod (community quick user interface) and the newest moar units (1.04).

That indeed happens. When you upgrade a unit, the game actually replaces it with a new unit with the same promotions. It is the same reason you can get a naval promotion from that one natural wonder after every time you upgrade your ship.

Not sure if this has been covered before; Since last patch Civil Engineering makes battering rams obsolete. Does this mean your rams become obsolete after YOU have researched that social tech or after your target civ has?

EDIT: It seems it's your social level that counts, not your enemy's.

Last edited:
If I update my game with the next update (believed to come next week), will I be able to load and play my saved game?

Not sure if this has been covered before; Since last patch Civil Engineering makes battering rams obsolete. Does this mean your rams become obsolete after YOU have researched that social tech or after your target civ has?
I believe since last patch it's actually the Steel tech that obsoletes Battering Rams and Siege Towers. But I may be wrong.

Maybe, maybe not. Mods are very likely not working anymore, vanilla games, well, you can't get a guarantee either way. If you're really worried, you can set the game to update only on launching and then making sure you don't have internet active when you launch it.

And they forgot to change when support siege units become obsolete, so it's still Civil Engineering. Probably will be Steel after the patch though.

Looking for some recommendations....

After some 600 hours on pre-Deluxe Edition Civ6 I am ready for some additional content.

Should I purchase the Deluxe Edition, or purchase separate DLCs individually? Would I be missing out something if I did not get the Deluxe Edition?

There is some "Deluxe edition special blah" in the list of my stuff in Steam, but I don't think it's in any way related to gameplay.

Just a question about the new religion lens for the new patch:
The mini pop-up at the bottom of the city banner indicates the religious pressure. The one on the left is the pressure from the outside of the city and the right is the pressure coming from within the city. Is that right?

I need a refresher, can ships move into coastal forts or is that only something that was possible in the Civ V mod I used in the past?

Top Bottom