An additional one:

I believe this tile (the empty one, not the one with the builder) should be at 4 appeal: 2 (old growth woods) + 2 (2 coastal tiles) + 1 (Theater Square) - 1 (Industrial Zone). Why is it at 3?

EDIT: I figured it out. The "+1 appeal" for old growth woods at Conservation is on their own tile, rather than the surrounding tiles.

upload_2017-12-17_13-18-39.png

Last edited:
Something that's been bothering me from the beginning of the game, there has to be a way to fix this. This is un modded Civ6 by the way aside from Yamp (maps).

When you open the city-state menu sometimes it opens and you can see all the city states in one go, but sometimes it opens, but the bottom half of the screen is occupied by details on one particular city-state. And I can't find a way to get this bottom half to go away so I can see the entire list of city states without scrolling (very annoying). I want to see my status at a quick glance. How to I get rid of the city state details on the bottom half of the city state screen?

edit: I seem to have figured it out, but it's still an annoying mechanic. It seems when you have unused envoys that city-state detail screen pops up on the bottom half of your city state screen. Very annoying. The funny thing is I didn't notice I had 6 unused envoys. :lol: Once I used them, the screen went away. Nevertheless, there should be an option to get rid of that annoying screen.

Last edited:
What's friendly territory for apostles? Do they really heal on land of empire I have alliance with? I don't see this (the city's religion is mine, if it matters). Or is it just extremely slow?

they only heal on or adjacent (1 hex) from holy sites. I haven't tried it on an allies holy site.

So, I'm throwing this out here and I'm hoping it becomes a thing.

In this thread: Ask all of the questions you're too embarrassed to admit you don't understand.

I'll start:

When combat results display, what do they mean?

"Your slinger (42 damage) was attacked by a spearman (26 damage)"

That says how much damage each unit took in thar combat. Your slinger took 42 damage. The spearmen took 26.

I never really knew if it was damage taken or damage inflicted.

If someone converts your holy city of your religion, and no other cities follow it, is it possible to revive it, or is it dead?

Last edited by a moderator:
If no cities follow a religion and it has no apostles/missionaries, it's dead in all but the most esoteric situations.

If someone converts your holy city of your religion, and no other cities follow it, is it possible to revive it, or is it dead?

If no cities follow a religion and it has no apostles/missionaries, it's dead in all but the most esoteric situations.

Build Mahabodhi Temple — it gives you two apostles of your original religion — but, if you can, delay using the apostles until you have at least one temple in your empire, and use one apostle to convert that city and use the other to launch an inquisition (you will need inquisitors both to reconvert cities from other religions and for homeland religious defense generally).

Moderator Action: Appreciate the sentiment about starting an “ask your stupid questions here” thread, but that is what this thread is for (minus the “stupid” part —no questions are really stupid), so threads merged.

Build Mahabodhi Temple — it gives you two apostles of your original religion — but, if you can, delay using the apostles until you have at least one temple in your empire, and use one apostle to convert that city and use the other to launch an inquisition (you will need inquisitors both to reconvert cities from other religions and for homeland religious defense generally).

I believe Stonehenge does the same thing too? Eitherway, you're highly unlikely to get either wonder if your religion has already been wiped out

Stonehenge will give one apostle if you’ve already founded a religion, but Stonehenge is usually long gone by then. Mahabodhi Temple requires a religion, and has finicky site requirements, so it usually lasts a lot longer (also may have low weighting for the AI).

Okay so the Alcázar improvement from the Granada suzerain says it gives 2 turns of fortification. What does that mean? I was under the impression being fortified doesn't offer a bonus in this game (since nothing shows up in the tooltip for fortify). Is there a bonus for being fortified and does it increase with number of turns? Or is the Alcázar improvement do something else?

Okay so the Alcázar improvement from the Granada suzerain says it gives 2 turns of fortification. What does that mean? I was under the impression being fortified doesn't offer a bonus in this game (since nothing shows up in the tooltip for fortify). Is there a bonus for being fortified and does it increase with number of turns? Or is the Alcázar improvement do something else?

Every turn a unit is fortified it receives additional defensive combat strength. An early game example is that you can watch a Barbarian Spearmen’s combat strength go up once he begins fortifying. I believe it takes 2 turns to fully fortify yourself, or it could be 3. Forts, Alahambra, and Alcazars all speed that up.

Thanks. All this time I never knew that. Would be helpful to have that on the tooltip like previous games.

Thanks. All this time I never knew that. Would be helpful to have that on the tooltip like previous games.

It's in the tooltip when you attack a fortified unit. That said, it's omitted from the Civilopedia, which I think is a weird decision. Stil, I can hardly believe you've never noticed it. Do you play with barbarians off?

Stil, I can hardly believe you've never noticed it. Do you play with barbarians off?

about 75% of the time I have barbarians off. I just don't pay close attention to combat odds. I only look at the graphical indicators how much hp I lose and how much hp the opponent loses. I'm not sure how much the AI civs fortify. I don't think they fortify at all to be honest. Except in cities which don't matter since you don't attack the unit inside the city.

Why isn't Toronto giving me any coal while there's a mine on it and they're my suzerain? (figured I'd ask here first because I might've missed something, if not I'll make a post in the bug report forum)

upload_2017-12-26_8-10-23.png

Top Bottom