Why isn't Toronto giving me any coal while there's a mine on it and they're my suzerain? (figured I'd ask here first because I might've missed something, if not I'll make a post in the bug report forum)

View attachment 483843

It is possible they don't have the tech yet. I don't remember how exactly the city-state tech works though, I think it advances with the game era somehow.

Oh, and just because it's starting to be annoying... You are their suzerain, they aren't yours :D

How can one hidden agenda cause both a positive modifier for declaring a surprise war and a negative modifier for having low faith? Or is the "surprise war on an enemy" a general positive modifier you get from doing so if someone else [Qin] is already at war with the target? In that case I'm very surprised I've not come across it ever before...

upload_2017-12-27_9-26-33.png

Aztecs are said to have ability to use builder charges for building districts, how does it exactly work? I tried to put a builder into unfinished campus, nothing happened.

Also, does there ability to enslave units apply to a civ's units only, not barbarians? What about city states?

Aztecs are said to have ability to use builder charges for building districts, how does it exactly work? I tried to put a builder into unfinished campus, nothing happened.

Also, does there ability to enslave units apply to a civ's units only, not barbarians? What about city states?

You cannot enslave barbarian units, for city-states I believe the chance is reduced, but I am not certain; I literally just conquered a city state with Aztecs, got two builders out of maybe 3 or 4 units killed offensively (pretty sure you can't get a builder if they attack you and die).

As for builder charges, I will probably be able to answer that in an hour. :)

When you put your builder on top of a district, a icon should pop up in the action menu to use a charge to speed a district along.

How can one hidden agenda cause both a positive modifier for declaring a surprise war and a negative modifier for having low faith?

Strange, it's almost like they have 3 agendas. The normal wonder one, the faith one, and liking civilizations that start surprise wars (though honestly I don't think this is a random agenda, I believe only Cyrus has it).

Strange, it's almost like they have 3 agendas. The normal wonder one, the faith one, and liking civilizations that start surprise wars (though honestly I don't think this is a random agenda, I believe only Cyrus has it).

Doesn't Darwinist fit that?

I never really knew if it was damage taken or damage inflicted.

If someone converts your holy city of your religion, and no other cities follow it, is it possible to revive it, or is it dead?

If your city is converted, you usually will still have some citizens in there following your religion. You can kill a missionary of the offending religion, and it will cause an influence shift. This can revive a 'dead' religion. I did this in one of my first games, before I had any clue how religion worked.

That was in vanilla, however, long ago. It may no longer work. I also am unsure about the holy city itself - I believe I did it on my holy city, but its possible I'm remembering this incorrectly.

An interesting question to this is, if you still have a couple of citizens following the religion you founded, but your city is converted, and you pop a missionary of the now dominate religion, and a third party kills your missionary near your converted city, can that revive your religion too? Can you effectively suicide a holy unit to revive your religion?

An interesting question to this is, if you still have a couple of citizens following the religion you founded, but your city is converted, and you pop a missionary of the now dominate religion, and a third party kills your missionary near your converted city, can that revive your religion too? Can you effectively suicide a holy unit to revive your religion?

I don't see why you wouldn't be able to do that.

I can confirm though, that you cannot let apostles of different religions fight if you own them both. I tried that to more effectively spread my religion after accidentally buying an apostle in a not-yet-converted city I conquered a while earlier...

Anyone else notice that the Anti-Tanks use their handguns more than their bazookas? Because it's totally like an action movie where you shoot at an exact spot of a helicopter or tank and it blows up lol

@Leyrann @Rosty - You can actually play as a city state and find out yourself, (via Firetuner) - As far as I can tell, they have their own tech tree like every other civilization but when a civilization discovers a tech they get an instant boost to it (too 99%, so they discover it in like 1 turn).

@Leyrann - The Declared Surprise War is not part of the agenda, (the fact that they are dealing with two different things should be a dead giveaway). You get bonuses to diplomatic modifiers when you attack their enemies (the people they've denounced).

@Zdarg - Make sure the city is PRODUCING the Campus, and not working on something else, pop the builder on top of the tile and look for the icon similiar to Qin's wonder boost.

@agonistes - Doubt it, If your religion was Catholic, and you got converted into Islam, and a Eastern Orthodoxy destroys the Islamic Missionary, then Islamic followers are REPLACED by Eastern Orthodoxy. Usually -250 follower points are swapped. The only sure way is to Condemn Heretics (which was added with the Fall patch) which just outrights destroys a religion's followers.

@Leyrann @Rosty - You can actually play as a city state and find out yourself, (via Firetuner) - As far as I can tell, they have their own tech tree like every other civilization but when a civilization discovers a tech they get an instant boost to it (too 99%, so they discover it in like 1 turn).

@Leyrann - The Declared Surprise War is not part of the agenda, (the fact that they are dealing with two different things should be a dead giveaway). You get bonuses to diplomatic modifiers when you attack their enemies (the people they've denounced).

@Zdarg - Make sure the city is PRODUCING the Campus, and not working on something else, pop the builder on top of the tile and look for the icon similiar to Qin's wonder boost.

@agonistes - Doubt it, If your religion was Catholic, and you got converted into Islam, and a Eastern Orthodoxy destroys the Islamic Missionary, then Islamic followers are REPLACED by Eastern Orthodoxy. Usually -250 follower points are swapped. The only sure way is to Condemn Heretics (which was added with the Fall patch) which just outrights destroys a religion's followers.

Isn't that assuming the Islamic missionary is killed by another missionary? I believe military units can still kill missionaries.

I believe military units can still kill missionaries.
Be on the same hex as the religious unit, click the action button (don’t remember what it is called), and it kills the religious unit and expends the remaining movement of your unit. Similar to your pillaging a trade unit.

@agonistes - Condeming Heretic (the killing by militaristic unit) cause their religion to drop.

Religious Warfare causes the the losing religion's influence to be replaced by the winning.

So if you condemn the Heretic, Islam falls

If you kill the Missionary with an Apostle/Inqusitor, Islam falls, but the Apostle/Inquistor's religion raises.

Top Bottom