Random Rants LI - Hell hath no Fury, like a Woman Scorned

Status
Not open for further replies.
Love getting less than 5 hours sleep solely because my body decides it hates me.

Not sure why it is for you, but I know that too :/.

I'm still sick.
Besides that this is a rant on its own, the more important part:
I have a meeting on Thursday, which is rather urgent for my work partner, I need to present results there, and I freakin' don't have any yet, because I wanted to produce them...er...well...right now.
Bloody ****.

Turns out to be on Wednesday.
CRAP.
CRAP.
CRAP.
:mad:

Chicago is -23° C in Chicago... gf freezing her tuckus off... and she just got the furnace fixed!

Will be -12° C in NY tomorrow... no snow...

The "Twenty-nothing" neighbors who have "no time" to help low-paid workers have plenty of time to build an igloo.... :/

Really? California and Florida are so windy they feel colder than Seattle right now? It feels pretty cold here.

Yes, the Latinos from Florida are in an uproar.

Or, at least, watched Home Alone 2?

Or anywhere else in California.

I haven't been to a lot of places.

Just started trying to make my way through through Harry Potter und der Stein der Weisen. Ugh, an hour and I'd only managed 3 or 4 paragraphs. I really need to work on my vocab :(

I should pick up Harry Potter in Spanish because I've never read it and it gives me a good excuse to dust off the skill and re-learn the vocab.

Just started trying to make my way through through Harry Potter und der Stein der Weisen. Ugh, an hour and I'd only managed 3 or 4 paragraphs. I really need to work on my vocab :(
I once wrote a paper based on the German text of Truppenführung.

Never again.

I wrote a paper in college called "Sowing the Space Seed: Star Trek's Debt to the Early Classics of English Literature." Got an A+ with a footnote "From one Trekkie to another."

Oh, Rant: -15°C/ 5°F in Brooklyn.. freezing my tuckus off... thank God we installed a new furnace.

Still haven't received anything approaching a proper winter. Was about 14C today, and I may have become ever so slightly sunburnt. I didn't pay to come all this way for an Australian winter. :mad:

I should pick up Harry Potter in Spanish because I've never read it and it gives me a good excuse to dust off the skill and re-learn the vocab.
I have the first three or four books somewhere, with not-too-dismal translations. Feel free to ask!
Sometimes I really hate the internet. Stupid tubes.
Why do you hate such a wonderful series?

Still haven't received anything approaching a proper winter. Was about 14C today, and I may have become ever so slightly sunburnt. I didn't pay to come all this way for an Australian winter. :mad:

Come to America, I'll switch places with you :p

Spoiler emo :
Late-ish rant: Thinking back, I'm kinda wishing I hadn't visited my folks' for the holidays this past Christmas; especially since I finally mustered up the courage to reveal to my parents about a mental condition I was diagnosed with in 2012.

Having your own mother call you delusional is not the most heartwarming thing to hear, although I am a bit grateful I do have the intelligence to recognize that she is telling the truth, considering she provided fresh insight on things; hard pill to swallow as it is; but still kinda depressing.
Spoiler :
It did wind up being the inspiration for my current profile theme. Dunno if good or bad. :p

My father once described my handwriting as that of a ******ed spider. He was being serious at the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom