Random Rants LVIII: Wassamatta U... Ah Shaddap you face.

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's crazy because last Friday I learned that the author of an absurdist webcomic I follow is the brother of the NDP leader.
I didn't know she had any brothers, since the only member of her family who's really well-known to the mainstream society was her father.

Do you know what the second comic was about?
Social media, overdocumentation of one's daily life, using utterly trivial stuff people post about themselves to form judgments on their character and competency on important matters, and being oblivious to the fact that real life doesn't work out like a TV show.

Am I close in at least some of that? It's not funny, but it is rather sad and depressing.

Now I find the art in SMBC to be generally unpleasant to the eye (my eye) and very often not even funny (though there are quite some good ones). But that is no way to go about it, Narz.

"People like blood sausage too, people are morons."

If by "blood sausage" you mean black pudding, then that statement is frankly objectively untrue. I like black pudding, and I'm not a moron. I'm an idiot, thank you very much. I have certificates to prove it.

Rant:
- Turns out our new female postdoc is a lesbian :/.
- Biggest party of the year, and I didn't manage to talk to any girl outside of our group more than 2 sentences :/

Well, if you become friends with her, you can discuss women together. :goodjob:

Watcha doin' in LA Hobbs? I'd offer you shelter, but unless you are willing to hang in a distant commuter zone it would have to be sleeping in a car or on top of a supermarket. Weather is good for that though!

Going to work for SpaceX. Need a 2 bedroom apartment for 3 people. I also don't really want to couchsurf.

Now that I'm done with the spring semester of college, I don't know what to do with my free time. GG, Nicky. GG. :lol:

Going to work for SpaceX. Need a 2 bedroom apartment for 3 people. I also don't really want to couchsurf.

Congratulations, man!

Well, if you become friends with her, you can discuss women together. :goodjob:

:lol:
Getting friends will not be a problem, because she's already in our circle of people, but I'm not exactly lacking people to discuss women with.
I'm rather lacking people to complain about relationship issues (mainly: not having one) ^^, because nearly everyone else I know has either a) not had a GF for a longer time than me (most likely) b) recently broke up or c) has a long distance relationship.

But whatever, should rather fight the source of the problem :/.

Always keep a lesbian on staff. That way, she can give you tips and tell you which ladies to avoid. :)

Always keep a lesbian on staff. That way, she can give you tips and tell you which ladies to avoid. :)
She can spy on other women in the bathroom… good thinking, Arakhor. We can still make a pervert out of you.

I believe that that was your reading, Mr Takhisis, not mine. :p

That's because I haven't made a pervert out of you yet.

He needs to use Google more, I think.

:lol:
Getting friends will not be a problem, because she's already in our circle of people, but I'm not exactly lacking people to discuss women with.
I'm rather lacking people to complain about relationship issues (mainly: not having one) ^^, because nearly everyone else I know has either a) not had a GF for a longer time than me (most likely) b) recently broke up or c) has a long distance relationship.

Don't worry, you can just complain about lack of relationship issues to random people on the internet!

And I get the new thread.

(of course, we should include a rant about my hands not allowing me to make this thread go faster, could've finished it last week)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom