Random Raves 110010: Vast Hordes of Toilet Paper

Status
Not open for further replies.
This means Canada is so much more advanced than Poland..... If "they" are not gonna start to pay for the plastic I guess it's gonna clutter , much to Greta's dismay :mischief:
You don't have bottle depots in Poland?

We've had those for decades, well before plastic bottles came along. I remember a time when my mother took me bottle-picking along the highway. I was about 6 or 7.

The payment per item back then was 2 cents. We... cleaned up. :mischief:

Nowadays, 10 cents is paid for plastic, metal, glass, and some cardboard beverage containers (tetraboxes of fruit juice are eligible; Maddy's cat milk boxes aren't, in spite of their being made of the same material) if they're 1 litre or smaller.

25 cents is paid for containers larger than 1 litre.

These are the rates paid for non-alcoholic beverage containers (milk, water, juice, pop, drinkable yogurt, nutritional drinks). I don't know if the rates paid for beer and wine containers is the same or different.

You don't have bottle depots in Poland?

We've had those for decades, well before plastic bottles came along. I remember a time when my mother took me bottle-picking along the highway. I was about 6 or 7.

The payment per item back then was 2 cents. We... cleaned up. :mischief:

Nowadays, 10 cents is paid for plastic, metal, glass, and some cardboard beverage containers (tetraboxes of fruit juice are eligible; Maddy's cat milk boxes aren't, in spite of their being made of the same material) if they're 1 litre or smaller.

25 cents is paid for containers larger than 1 litre.

These are the rates paid for non-alcoholic beverage containers (milk, water, juice, pop, drinkable yogurt, nutritional drinks). I don't know if the rates paid for beer and wine containers is the same or different.

When I was a kid soda bottles had a 5c or 10 c refund. Glass bottle reused. Milk also came in class.

Real money was Aluminum cans after a 21st or a wedding. $1.20 a kilo. $50 1988 10 years old not bad. Not all cans were Aluminum though stupid tin. Kids got money adults avoided picking up cans in the morning.

Oooh. Cranberry is so good. Only get some every couple years or so, but still!

SAtW is updating again! :w00t:

So I always said that I'd put on a Gal Gadot avatar to avoid infractions from Lemon Merchant and I did so today (it was her birthday according to her profile) and it worked. I'm willing to call it a success.

Last edited:
Managed to sneak in through a cancellation and snagged a delivery window from the grocery store for the 7th. Couldn't order as much as I want/need, but I can avoid hobbling to the grocery store IRL until the ~15th at least.

A friend bought me Borderlands 3 for my birthday. :D

(It's not today, so don't ask. :p )

I also managed to spend three hours yesterday in professional development webinars. I don't actually learn anything from these, but it's the thing to do. And it was nice finally seeing some of my favourite colleagues in live action instead of just as tweets or messages.

I'd've thought all those Humble Bundles would have already netted you a few copies of more or less any game in existence.

I'd've thought all those Humble Bundles would have already netted you a few copies of more or less any game in existence.

I don't think Borderlands has ever been in a Humble Monthly/Choice. But it does get severely discounted pretty regularly. BL3 is newly on Steam and it's 50% off already. Last year I got all the BL2 DLCs for like $7. :lol:

You haven't bought enough bundles then.

Every single Monthly in 2018, then every single one in 2019 up until September. Restarted buying them, now called Choice, in April.

But I end up giving half or more of them away. Or, well, I try to. If you look at my list in the Gifting Games thread, most are unclaimed. :(

Their weekly bundles have been disappointing for quite some time now. Or at least, to me. The only one I've gotten in the past couple years was their EU4 bundle where I got all the DLCs for less than $20.

I would claim them as a matter of piratical principle but I haven't installed any new games in over two years and I still haven't caught up with my backlog!

I would claim them as a matter of piratical principle but I haven't installed any new games in over two years and I still haven't caught up with my backlog!
They're all on Steam, too, and you're allergic to a good time.

So i always said that I'd put on a Gal Gadot avatar to avoid infractions from Lemon Merchant and I did so today (it was her birthday according to her profile) and it worked. I'm willing to call it a success.
Gal Gadot's birthday or mine? If it was mine you read my profile very wrong. My birthday isn't til the 21st. :p

Oh, all right, I'll put the avatar up again for the 21st, just for you.

btw Gal Gadot's birthday was last wednesday

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom