Random Raves VII: I liek ma gun, liek ma gun!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is pretty late but, my parents are on holiday for two weeks (just starting second week) and it's been pretty good. Not having to listen to my mam shouting at my dad for being lazy is a nice change of pace, it also helped me realise what a song and dance they made out of everything.
The only thing that has been difficult and time consuming has been the cat litter.

I'm back online!

A few years ago, I got a new desktop computer. It was leaps and bounds over my old one, but for one problem - it wouldn't connect to the network. Now, I tried everything I could, and I exhausted the knowledge of a lot of other people, but in the end we resigned in defeat. For about four months, I had to leech off other people.

Then, while visiting the local tech shop, I came across a KVM switch, and for the next two years I used my kick-it-to-start computer for the Internet and my newer desktop for everything else.

Then, in August of 2008, that died, too. I was back to leeching off other people. After Christmas, I got a laptop computer (after only ten-odd years) in the hope the wi-fi would break the cycle. It works at the library, and it worked at my friend's house, but once again, not at home. I was getting quite peeved.

But, finally today, the problem seems to be solved. The router was reset to factory settings, and all of a sudden all the computers connected to it could access the Internet - i.e., the laptop. I imagine the desktops will too, but I'm not too bothered by them anymore.

And so, after three years, I can finally return to working from my room. The mystery seems to have solved itself.

Watch it Thorvald. You're probably going to get dissappointed. Since that's life.

Getting that diploma in my hands was really sweet. I was one happy mofo. And now I have a week of fun before going to the beach next week. Then, it's Ireland. Then Jersey. Seattle. Outer Banks. And then college? Wow, what a summer.

The weather is freakishly warm. 25C!

You picked a good summer to come to Ireland, Red Door.

So, I missed 40% of my Religion classes, didn't study for my exams, but still scored a big fat 12, which is the best grade in Denmark. I feel so smart :D

The weather is freakishly warm. 25C!

You picked a good summer to come to Ireland, Red Door.

I was looking at the weather for Galway (I'll be there for my first 3 days) and saw that the temperature was really warm until next week, where it goes down to 60 (in F). I don't know if that's exactly "cool" per se (but it certainly isn't the 90 I'm feeling right now).

You were gone? :shifty:

Spoiler :
nice try! click again.
Spoiler :
:joke: Welcome back! :band: :rockon: :D

I got the Neighbourhood Watch achievement in Half Life 2 Episode 2!

That's the one where you have to protect all the buildings in the last level. Only 2.1 of players ever get it. Might go for the one about squishing all the grubs if I play through the developer commentary.

Camikaze said:
What a ******ed scoring system. The top mark is 12? On what I presume is a standardised test?

12/12 still equals a hundred. The maximum mark you could get here for a class was 20/20 which still equals a hundred :p.

12/12 still equals a hundred. The maximum mark you could get here for a class was 20/20 which still equals a hundred :p.

Really? I had no idea it was still 100%. :rolleyes: :p

My point was that marks in such tests are usually made out of 100, for ease. And having a 12 mark test seems hardly worth it, unless it was an essay, in which case you'd expect it to be out of 15 or 20, or some similar mark. It just seems a bit weird, is all.

Camikaze said:
Really? I had no idea it was still 100%.

New South Wales has to recruit those public servants and MPs from somewhere :p?

Camikaze said:
My point was that marks in such tests are usually made out of 100, for ease. And having a 12 mark test seems hardly worth it, unless it was an essay, in which case you'd expect it to be out of 15 or 20, or some similar mark. It just seems a bit weird, is all.

We used to marks out of 5 for 30% assignments *shrugs* those made you check the weighting rather carefully :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom