Random Raves XXXI - New Year Raveolutions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rave:

2-4 inches predicted by Sunday when I went to bed.

Wake up.

8-10 inches predicted.

The Old Gods hear you
Have fun driving in that crap.

You squat down so you are sitting on your heels, slide one foot out in front, and pick it up off the floor. Then you coast along on one foot until you stop or fall over.

Yesterday both my daughter and I won prizes, since there weren't many other people who could do it, and they conveniently ran themselves into the wall. (Speed is tricky; the faster you go, the longer you coast, but the harder it is to make the corners.)
Athletic performances! Respect!
Snow is not a rave. :gripe:
Well, not in summer.

Breaking Bad is so, so good.

Or was, rather.

CRY EAGLES CRY

saints confound narratives and gain a stay of execution until 1630 next saturday

CRY EAGLES CRY

saints confound narratives and gain a stay of execution until 1630 next saturday

All right, Dachs, Seattle or Bust.... What a nail-biter...
I feel like I've actually contributed to something concrete. I helped to coordinate a few different people in order to get Ibrahim Kaypakkaya's Critique of Kemalism translated into English for the first time, and published! :dance:

Congrats, Cheezy! :beer:

Yeah.

Now here's hoping the game they play against Seattle has roughly the same result and final score as the one they played against Seattle a month ago. :mischief:

Honestly, I'm overjoyed with the way the season's turned out already. Made the playoffs after last year, and built a really solid defense even without loads of starters. Wolfman Rob has been fantastic, big props to him and to the front office for upgrading personnel and scheme.

Anything beyond actually getting into the playoffs this season is a bonus, as far as I'm concerned.

Stop rubbing it in. If I have to sit through another 7-9, 8-8, or 9-7 season, I might turn into a zombie.

edit: should probably clarify that I'm talking about the Cowboys

Well, I remember when the Aints were the league's whipping boy, so I'm pretty happy with what I've gotten over the last eight years. :)

Well, I remember when the Aints were the league's whipping boy, so I'm pretty happy with what I've gotten over the last eight years. :)

For the first time in...ever, we may actually end up rooting for the same teams next week.

For the first time in...ever, we may actually end up rooting for the same teams next week.
First time since the Super Bowl last year, anyway.

Now here's hoping the game they play against Seattle has roughly the same result and final score as the one they played against Seattle a month ago. :mischief:
I am torn, frankly... If the Hawks win, Pats win, then there's no threat of the Saints (my gf's team) playing the Pats, and the girlfriend's happy and we can tie the knot in the spring... happily ever after...

But if the Saints win, Pats win and meet at the SB. You know, marriages ended on less...

And if the Pats lose, well.

I can take one for the team and root for the Saints next week.

Honestly, I'm overjoyed with the way the season's turned out already. Made the playoffs after last year, and built a really solid defense even without loads of starters. Wolfman Rob has been fantastic, big props to him and to the front office for upgrading personnel and scheme.

Anything beyond actually getting into the playoffs this season is a bonus, as far as I'm concerned.

Tru Dat.

Classes are cancelled tomorrow! College snow day!

I'm not sure if a single snowflake has fallen on the UW's campus for the year+ I've been going here, at least not while any classes were in session.

*grumble*

I'm not sure if a single snowflake has fallen on the UW's campus for the year+ I've been going here, at least not while any classes were in session.

*grumble*
Soon, Choxorn gets frustrated enough that after he graduates, he moves to the New York state on the shores of the Great Lakes to get some snow (technically, lake effect snow. But it's still the same crap I hate) :p.

Moving to New York State for lake effect snow is a terrible decision. Move to da Yoo-Pee.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom