Random thoughts 1: Just Sayin'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah some brands do their dark chocolate better.

White chocolate is disappointing.
Yogurt-flavored chocolate is tasty, though. In addition to chocolate-dipped grapes and cherries, I used to whip up a batch of yogurt-dipped grapes and cherries. My dad preferred the chocolate and my grandmother liked the yogurt. I gave up trying to use white chocolate because it burns too easily in the microwave.

Kinda like Zero bars though, and I don't think you're supposed to admit to it.

People like to think that Western Culture is superior, but then you compare Western Animation to Eastern Animation and you realize it's all just a lie.

I like western storytelling with an eastern style, personally. ATLA and Legend of Korra are probably the most compelling animations I've seen.

People like to think that Western Culture is superior, but then you compare Western Animation to Eastern Animation and you realize it's all just a lie.

You must get different Eastern animation than we do. The stuff we get is absolute garbage.

In comparison, Pixar is awesome. Plus Phineas and Ferb puts me on the floor. :rotfl:

I like western storytelling with an eastern style, personally. ATLA and Legend of Korra are probably the most compelling animations I've seen.
True, Avatar and its far inferior Sequel series are exceptions when it comes to that, although, it's cheating when you just use a rather generic eastern style and make it your own!

You must get different Eastern animation than we do. The stuff we get is absolute garbage.

In comparison, Pixar is awesome. Plus Phineas and Ferb puts me on the floor. :rotfl:
Pixar he says. :lol:

True, Avatar and its far inferior Sequel series are exceptions when it comes to that, although, it's cheating when you just use a rather generic eastern style and make it your own!

LoK is better than ATLA. :smug:

Disney invented anime

The US is to the East if you're in the Philippines, right?

LoK is better than ATLA. :smug:
You're free to be wrong. :D

Disney invented anime
No, they didn't. It's correct that Disney's style was the inspiration for the first anime, but they had no creative or financial part in the growth of the Japanese anime industry.

That is of course, if we use "anime" like it's used in the west, to refer to animation from Japan, not like the Japanese would use it to refer to any animation.

So I guess the peak of animation is romance stories about wistful young women in muted colour pallets.

Who knew.

Burn...

But in all honesty - may I suggest that there are peaks anywhere? And often nowhere?
I know, very wise. :smug:

For a more blanket-like standard, which seems to have been the intention, have to agree that Anime tends to be more inciting than Western cartoons. They are more daring to be their own thing, I feel.

Real life trolling tip: When introducing someone to a group of people, use air quotes with your fingers when saying their job title. It will make that person furious.

Example: Hey everyone this is Jim, he's a "structural engineer".

Haha-

That's so ‘funny’.

Commodore is one of the great "posters" on this site.

He can make the Internet grate again, that's for sure.

Real life trolling tip: When introducing someone to a group of people, use air quotes with your fingers when saying their job title. It will make that person furious.

Example: Hey everyone this is Jim, he's a "structural engineer".
I feel a lot of things could ensue besides "furious"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom