Random Thoughts VII: Do the Hokey Pokey

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh it wasn't me, lol I just followed your link and looked at the screenshots!

Okay, whoever made the screenshot burned the food.

Well-done steak?

I had a completely random thought today - I have no idea where the phone jacks in my current apartment are. Until I went and looked, I wasn't even sure it had phone jacks. Same for the previous 3 apartments. I haven't had a landline or DSL since I moved out of my grandmother's place.

Ouch.

An explosion of taste.
I had a completely random thought today - I have no idea where the phone jacks in my current apartment are. Until I went and looked, I wasn't even sure it had phone jacks. Same for the previous 3 apartments. I haven't had a landline or DSL since I moved out of my grandmother's place.
So how do you get your broadband Internet? A dual deal with the cable company?

Doesn't the internet come through with the cable lines instead of the phone jack?

Plot twist: I'm going to start reading for a couple of chemistry exams. And no there is no real plan to that, the plan ship sailed a long long time ago. Frick that boat.

Just watch this and you can bone up on physics at the same time. :shifty:

Just a little joshing, given the number of... ermmm... rather incendiary screenies you've posted from playing The Sims, Minecraft...

No offence was intended, and I hope none was taken...? (But if so, then I apologise)

You know how computers are water-cooled sometimes, and that's a beneficial thing that carries across the property of cooling to the system?

I want that for my brain, but with coffee. For the caffeine. My brain needs to be caffeine . . . cooled? Immersed? Whatever works, I'm running low enough on sleep as it is.

Caffeine only makes you more tired in the long run, and brings you back up to "normal." It takes about a month, but if you're able to break yourself free of your caffeine dependency, you'll always feel like you're describing.

Just watch this and you can bone up on physics at the same time. :shifty:
Heh I'm already subbing that channel. Both very weird and very educational. :goodjob:

Not too directly relevant to the stuff I'm reading now but I'll get back to more pure physics next year.

Caffeine only makes you more tired in the long run, and brings you back up to "normal." It takes about a month, but if you're able to break yourself free of your caffeine dependency, you'll always feel like you're describing.
Yeah, I was reading about it a little while back. It basically tells your brain (or something related) that you're not tired, which masks the need for rest. (Un)fortunately for me, I know exactly why I don't get enough rest, so caffeine's the coping mechanism for the time being :D / :cry:

Apparently a daily dose of caffeine might reduce the risk of Parkinson's, though.

Doesn't the internet come through with the cable lines instead of the phone jack?
I got internet via a cable-TV type connection in the previous three apartments I had. This one has a direct fiber connection for google fiber internet. It's really going to suck to give it up.

I got internet via a cable-TV type connection in the previous three apartments I had. This one has a direct fiber connection for google fiber internet. It's really going to suck to give it up.
I'd be very careful about my privacy if I were you; Google is notorious for even stealing passwords (back before they were broadband providers, that is).

I'm moving house over the next 3 days. I hate moving, but the other half insists!
After 50 years together (on and off), that's it. From now on I'm taking this relationship one decade at a time!
<stamp>

I'm moving house over the next 3 days. I hate moving, but the other half insists!
After 50 years together (on and off), that's it. From now on I'm taking this relationship one decade at a time!
<stamp>
Damn straight! PUT YOUR FOOT DOWN ON THIS ONE. Show her who is the real boss! Hopefully, you won't have to lift any dressers in the move. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom