Should I learn German or French

If we are going into stereotypes that chicks dig French, then I counter by saying that the chicks that do dig French do not shave their armpits.

Plus, German chicks are normally drunk.

German is only good for being angry and shouting orders. The army in short. French is better and sounds better to the ear.

Where do you want to go in Europe, FCF?

German: (32% of the EU population is able to speak it [self-reported])
Spoiler :

French: (26% of the EU population is able to speak it [self-reported])
Spoiler :

Source

German is only good for being angry and shouting orders. The army in short. French is better and sounds better to the ear.

The german Imperative is a verb form that is solely used for giving direct orders. Afaik, neither English nor French has such a verb form. :p

If we are going into stereotypes that chicks dig French, then I counter by saying that the chicks that do dig French do not shave their armpits.

Plus, German chicks are normally drunk.

You're correct sir.

sorry.. doublepost

Where do you want to go in Europe, FCF?

[snip]

According to your source the maps show ''knowledge'' of the language. What does this mean exactly? Knowing that there is such a language as french? Being able to say a few kep phrases? It's certainly not any degree of fluency. I'm from England and I do not believe for one second that 23% of the UK population has any significant skills in french other than the infamous ''voulez-vous couchez avec moi ce soir''.

Most can just about get by when stranded in France, awkwardly asking for directions to the nearest Super U perhaps, but they certainly can't do much more then that.

According to your source the maps show ''knowledge'' of the language. What does this mean exactly? Knowing that there is such a language as french? Being able to say a few kep phrases? It's certainly not any degree of fluency. I'm from England and I do not believe for one second that 23% of the UK population has any significant skills in french other than the infamous ''voulez-vous couchez avec moi ce soir''.

Most can just about get by when stranded in France, awkwardly asking for directions to the nearest Super U perhaps, but they certainly can't do much more then that.

From the source I linked:

Spoiler :
The first table shows what proportion of citizens said that they could have a conversation in each language as their mother tongue and as a second language or foreign language (only the languages with at least 2% of the speakers are listed):

I also mentioned it was self-reported. It's better than nothing.

How do you define conversation exactly? :p

English tourist: Ou est le Super U?

French victim: desole, je ne sais pas

English tourist: au revoir

Spoiler to comply with CFC rules :
Where is the super U? Sorry I don't know. Goodbye

How do you define conversation exactly? :p

''Ou est le Super U?''

''je ne sais pas''

''au revoir''

Yeah, as I said self-reported, so it is up to subjective definitions. Jesus, I'm glad I linked you that source in English so you could read it instead of French or German.

Those self reported statistics are not to be trusted. The number of people who can speak Irish here is self reported and its consistently high. I've only heard someone speaking Irish in the street once, whereas apparently around 40% of the population can speak it. :rolleyes:

I don't trust the Irish either.

German.

French is too hard for a first langauge to learn as an English speaker due to the mental pronounciation.

Also Germany is like the largest 1st langauge in Europe, a large economy = business opportunities etc. BLAHBLAHVBLHA

Top Bottom